SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:46 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpen View Post
its reflective tape, SAFETY FIRST

the luminous effect is when i took picture with flash on, im going to give it a try by aiming a LED from the legs to the arms that you would see the reflect effect from the ground, not sure if this is going to work
Great idea, may be a couple of these pointing up at the arms might do the trick http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-light-...item3a8a1d54d7 I have two installed on the legs, they are ultra bright! and cheap as chips
HEXATOM is offline Find More Posts by HEXATOM
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:15 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2013
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXATOM View Post
Great idea, may be a couple of these pointing up at the arms might do the trick http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-light-...item3a8a1d54d7 I have two installed on the legs, they are ultra bright! and cheap as chips
thx fot the tip, will look into it
benpen is online now Find More Posts by benpen
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:22 AM
wrong17
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2009
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXATOM View Post
Great idea, may be a couple of these pointing up at the arms might do the trick http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-light-...item3a8a1d54d7 I have two installed on the legs, they are ultra bright! and cheap as chips
How many volts are you running those LED at? 2s, 3s, or 4s
wrong17 is online now Find More Posts by wrong17
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:26 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrong17 View Post
How many volts are you running those LED at? 2s, 3s, or 4s
Tapped a 12V feed from a 26V/12V UBEC , they we're from a phantom and originally fed via 3S. Hex is running 6s with 12V & 6v UBECS
HEXATOM is offline Find More Posts by HEXATOM
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:34 AM
wrong17
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2009
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXATOM View Post
Tapped a 12V feed from a 26V/12V UBEC , they we're from a phantom and originally fed via 3S. Hex is running 6s with 12V & 6v UBECS
thanks for the info
wrong17 is online now Find More Posts by wrong17
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:26 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
Here's a pic of the LEDs
HEXATOM is offline Find More Posts by HEXATOM
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2014, 05:34 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
Retracts arrived today from GLB. Should be fun, no fitting instructions, various mounts
HEXATOM is offline Find More Posts by HEXATOM
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2014, 02:58 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXATOM View Post
Retracts arrived today from GLB. Should be fun, no fitting instructions, various mounts
It's a pile of junk. Grub screws don't bite into servo mount to secure the legs, some re-modding required. Time for a new Tap & Dye set
HEXATOM is offline Find More Posts by HEXATOM
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2014, 03:20 AM
Registered User
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2006
49 Posts
While getting ready for the first test flight found out one of my motors would not spin up with the others. Thought it was a motor or ESC, so I ordered both.

That same day I met up with a group of guys in vegas the fly multirotors and realized quickly that I will lose orientation easily without LED's.

Got those ordered and today everything came in. After a hectic 3 hours re-wiring everything to accommodate the LED's, then wrapping the booms and using some clear heat shrink to hold everything on as backup. Then back to reassembly and a quick test to make sure everything was working. The LED's are crazy bright.

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411632713.492580.jpg
Views: 30
Size: 202.5 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411632740.092268.jpg
Views: 39
Size: 280.0 KB
Description:
bigedmond is online now Find More Posts by bigedmond
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2014, 08:03 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigedmond View Post
While getting ready for the first test flight found out one of my motors would not spin up with the others. Thought it was a motor or ESC, so I ordered both.

That same day I met up with a group of guys in vegas the fly multirotors and realized quickly that I will lose orientation easily without LED's.

Got those ordered and today everything came in. After a hectic 3 hours re-wiring everything to accommodate the LED's, then wrapping the booms and using some clear heat shrink to hold everything on as backup. Then back to reassembly and a quick test to make sure everything was working. The LED's are crazy bright.

Attachment 7133183Attachment 7133184
Better to find your motors don't spin whilst till on the ground LED lights look good, let us know how your maiden goes
HEXATOM is offline Find More Posts by HEXATOM
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2014, 06:02 PM
Albuquerque USA
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2012
2,006 Posts
simple just move that motor you think not working with a working esc/motor and you know for sure is the motor or the esc. You got 5 of them to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigedmond View Post
While getting ready for the first test flight found out one of my motors would not spin up with the others. Thought it was a motor or ESC, so I ordered both.

That same day I met up with a group of guys in vegas the fly multirotors and realized quickly that I will lose orientation easily without LED's.

Got those ordered and today everything came in. After a hectic 3 hours re-wiring everything to accommodate the LED's, then wrapping the booms and using some clear heat shrink to hold everything on as backup. Then back to reassembly and a quick test to make sure everything was working. The LED's are crazy bright.

Attachment 7133183Attachment 7133184
Askyvision is online now Find More Posts by Askyvision
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2014, 07:40 PM
Registered User
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2006
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askyvision View Post
simple just move that motor you think not working with a working esc/motor and you know for sure is the motor or the esc. You got 5 of them to try.
It seems that simple after the fact. But it turned out to be a cold solder joint in one of the butt connectors. Was able to get a Servo tester and check everything out.
bigedmond is online now Find More Posts by bigedmond
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2014, 08:09 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2006
7 Posts
Hello bigedmond.
Could you share information about where you bought the led lights and do you have any pictures of them in detail.
thanks,
Barney Liftoff
Barney Liftoff is offline Find More Posts by Barney Liftoff
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2014, 03:42 PM
Registered User
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2006
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Liftoff View Post
Hello bigedmond.
Could you share information about where you bought the led lights and do you have any pictures of them in detail.
thanks,
Barney Liftoff
I bought my LED strips from Amazon Here. That listing currently has Blue out of stock. It took 4 days to get them to me and the price for a 5m roll wasnt to bad.

The way i installed them was first I made and ran power leads from the motor mount then into the copter. I soldered them right to the pads that the ESC +and - are soldered too. They can handle 4 cell, but they will just get a little warm.

Once they wires where ran, it was time to cut the LED strips. I used nine 3 LED sections per arm. I would peal a couple inches of backing as i wrapped them around slightly angled trying to keep the edged next to each other.

Once they were all wrapped, i would solder the power wires to their corresponding spot on the strip.

Last, i used some clear 1" heat shrink, cut to 3/4" and 1/4" and put them on the ends of the strip to keep it from lifting. The 1/4" in next to the motor mount.
bigedmond is online now Find More Posts by bigedmond
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Interested in getting a Mikrokopter hex or a droidworx hex. How hard is set up? LMAO Multirotor Talk 8 Dec 28, 2010 07:47 AM
Discussion Tarot 450SE V2 GF helipr0 Mini Helis 12 Oct 19, 2009 04:47 PM
Discussion Tarot 450SE V2 GF Kit? carmen5.3 Electric Heli Talk 8 Sep 18, 2009 08:54 AM
Discussion Align, Tarot, CopterX edfardos Electric Heli Talk 4 Mar 13, 2009 11:15 PM
For Sale Tarot 450 V2 KIT KS-Model Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 Nov 10, 2008 10:16 AM