SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:21 PM
R.C. Designs - I fab. things
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Oct 2009
126 Posts
Help!
Mountain Models Majestic boom tubes

So I purchased this Majestic on Ebay and there are 2 booms in the kit. The seller says that the carbon boom is the replacement for the f.g. boom.

My question is:

The carbon boom is smaller in diameter and shorter than the fg boom and really smaller at the tail end, does anyone have experience with the replacement boom and can you tell me about mounting the tail feathers onto the much smaller boom?

I know someone out there has the answer.

Thanks.................
DrlSgt is offline Find More Posts by DrlSgt
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:10 PM
R.C. Designs - I fab. things
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Oct 2009
126 Posts
B.D. carbon replacement boom

The Bubble Dancer boom is 36 inches long with a taper of about 3/4 inches to about 3/8 inches, give or take. The original boom is 40.250 long and tapers down to .725 o.d. at the tail. I will build the tail planes 4.000 longer as per the Drela mods. I would really like some feedback about using the shorter Buble Dancer boom with some ideas on how to mount the tail to the boom as it's really much smaller in diameter than the original boom. Photos would really be great.
DrlSgt is offline Find More Posts by DrlSgt