HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined Mar 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Sounds like you'll need to send it in then.

Andy
Gee you think?
rockarruda is offline Find More Posts by rockarruda
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Mar 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515 View Post
Don't forget to "eject" the SD card after the copy operation. That seems to have helped others who had a similar problem with earlier updates. I run Windoz7, so, theoretically, I do not have to do that, but I still do as a force of habit and after reading about others having incomplete file transfer (to SD card) causing similar problems as you describe.

Michael
Yep did that.. Did it will Win7 Pro 32bit and 64bit still the same, I could also try Windows 8 but it isn't enjoyable to use.. This to say the least is very annoying for a BRAND NEW radio one week old. And with the weather still flyable, I guess I am grounded this coming weekend and hopefully not longer.

This is not cool at all. I am very annoyed I just spent $800 on a radio that I have only used for a week and now I can't even use it for my Sim..

Thanks for the input anyway though.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:48 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,449 Posts
Spektrum...are you doing a CRC or better yet a hash (e.g., md5) on the image before before doing the update?
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:08 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,640 Posts
We are doing multiple somethings, yes, and it would never have gotten as far as it did if it had been a corrupt file.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:47 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,449 Posts
So then it wasn't an issue with properly ejecting the CF card from the computer...just thrown off track.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:36 AM
Fayetteville Municipal, Arkansas, United States
Joined Sep 2004
574 Posts
I'm assuming the ATV issue on reversed channels on helicopters is still not fixed? This is a GLARING issue.

The screen flicker is neither hear nor there to me. Works fine, but several guys claim theirs does not do it.

The ATV issue REALLY effects the radio. PLEASE FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Norman Ross Jr.
Futurase is offline Find More Posts by Futurase
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:18 AM
ibp
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Skive
Joined Dec 2006
2 Posts
I had the same error on my radio, so I installed 1.02 without any problems. So I tried with 1.03 again and everything is now ok. Do not touch any buttons, I did.

IBP
ibp is offline Find More Posts by ibp
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Mar 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibp View Post
I had the same error on my radio, so I installed 1.02 without any problems. So I tried with 1.03 again and everything is now ok. Do not touch any buttons, I did.

IBP
Yes this worked for me as well.. My radio is back in action. I was a little apprehensive to try and go back to the 1.02 update since I already tried the 1.03.

Thanks for being the guinea pig.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:08 PM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Jan 2007
176 Posts
This question may have been answered previously, however, I'm going to ask anyway. Bare with me.
Can you conect the telemetry device to a DSM-2 receiver and obtain all of the telemetry functions available through the DX-18?
PT Glider is offline Find More Posts by PT Glider
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:11 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,904 Posts
Yes.
When you connect to a Non Date ready receiver you won't get flight log info but every other sensor will work..
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:35 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Glider View Post
Can you conect the telemetry device to a DSM-2 receiver and obtain all of the telemetry functions available through the DX-18?
It depends on the receiver. Which one are you thinking about?

All the DSMX receivers will provide telemetry data even when operating in DSM2 mode. DSM2 receivers with a DATA port provide Flight Log (RF performance) data. Older DSM2 receivers you can get everything except the RF data, but you may need to disconnect the yellow lead on the DATA wire to get it to work properly.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:34 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
It depends on the receiver. Which one are you thinking about?

All the DSMX receivers will provide telemetry data even when operating in DSM2 mode. DSM2 receivers with a DATA port provide Flight Log (RF performance) data. Older DSM2 receivers you can get everything except the RF data
, but you may need to disconnect the yellow lead on the DATA wire to get it to work properly.

Andy
You will know this from the TM unit going into bind mode when powering up the system, if this is the case simply remove the signal wire from the data cable connecting the TM to receiver.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
1.03 Update for DX-18

What specifically is the improved RF Binding Update adressing?

Do I need to re-bind after the update....

Sorry, I first posted my question on the wrong thread, i.e. DX-8/DX-10......

Been flying my BVM UB for about 50 flawless flights on my 12X/1222 DSM2 combo and now 12 flawless flights on the DX-18/1222 DSM2 combo. Full house with TM1000, GPS, JetCat sensor, altitude, airspeed, and G sensors....far fewer fades with the DX-18....

TA
Tom Antlfinger is offline Find More Posts by Tom Antlfinger
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:48 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,904 Posts
Not 100% sure as to the full legit reason for it but I remember an owner possibly owner(S) saying they were having issues BINDING, not with the actual bind or connection once bound but simply getting it to bind.

I think they might have done something to where it may be listening better for a receiver and YES spektrum radio does listen to RX and Yes TX does talk to the radio during binding.
How else would the radio know what type of receiver its being bound to.

Re-binding is a normal process from time to time. If you had no issues, then you won't any any with the update and that portion of the update.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Not 100% sure as to the full legit reason for it but I remember an owner possibly owner(S) saying they were having issues BINDING, not with the actual bind or connection once bound but simply getting it to bind.

I think they might have done something to where it may be listening better for a receiver and YES spektrum radio does listen to RX and Yes TX does talk to the radio during binding.
How else would the radio know what type of receiver its being bound to.

Re-binding is a normal process from time to time. If you had no issues, then you won't any any with the update and that portion of the update.
Are you with Spektrum, or are you simply sharing what you have deduced?

I'm not saying you're wrong or that your deductions are unreasonable.