HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2011, 12:56 PM
Joined Jul 2006
18 Posts
Discussion
Guardian Hanging Elogger and OSD Help Please!!!

I was trying to setup the guardian stabilizer. I connected it to my OSD and updated to the latest firmware versions (10.04) and set the on screen menus to turn on the stabilizer from the data recorder software. Now the elogger is no longer recognized in windows. It shows up as failed in device manager. If I start the data recorder software and plug in the elogger the data recorder stops responding. When viewing the transmitted video signal the OSD shows stabilizer discconnected at the top of the screen. It seems like the elogger won't active USB mode now because it can't find the guardian. I have it connected correctly to the OSD and the green light flashes on the guardian. The lights on the elogger no longer come one.

How can I reset the data logger if I can't get it connected to the software? This seems like a bug in the programming. The usb function shouldn't be blocked because the stabilizer is configured but not found. I have a feeling if I could turn it off the OSD and logger would start working again.

I guess the guardian guards well. If the plane is grounded it can't crash. Not really the type of protection I was looking for though.

Please help!!!
nem
nemesis43 is offline Find More Posts by nemesis43
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2011, 06:19 AM
Resistance is Futile
United States, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis43 View Post
I was trying to setup the guardian stabilizer. I connected it to my OSD and updated to the latest firmware versions (10.04) and set the on screen menus to turn on the stabilizer from the data recorder software. Now the elogger is no longer recognized in windows. It shows up as failed in device manager. If I start the data recorder software and plug in the elogger the data recorder stops responding. When viewing the transmitted video signal the OSD shows stabilizer discconnected at the top of the screen. It seems like the elogger won't active USB mode now because it can't find the guardian. I have it connected correctly to the OSD and the green light flashes on the guardian. The lights on the elogger no longer come one.

How can I reset the data logger if I can't get it connected to the software? This seems like a bug in the programming. The usb function shouldn't be blocked because the stabilizer is configured but not found. I have a feeling if I could turn it off the OSD and logger would start working again.

I guess the guardian guards well. If the plane is grounded it can't crash. Not really the type of protection I was looking for though.

Please help!!!
nem
camship is offline Find More Posts by camship
Old Nov 07, 2011, 11:04 AM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
733 Posts
Try http://eagletreesystems.com/support/apps.htm
go down to Windows Application BETA version
and it will in stall install ver 07 or 08. see if that works For you.
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Old Nov 08, 2011, 04:18 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
nemesis43, if the eLogger's LED does not blink when the Guardian is connected, there is an issue with either the connection, the cabling, or the hardware.

Please do this:
1) check that the OSD or Guardian is not connected incorrectly (backwards connection, off by one connection, etc.)
2) if those are correct, please connect either the OSD or the guardian to the eLogger, and determine which of them is causing the LED not to blink. The one that causes this either has a broken wire, or has been damaged.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor