SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 28, 2014, 08:14 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,249 Posts
Thanks SDOne,
Very cool site that I did not find before, however I'm looking for something in-between what they offer. I'm looking for EPP with semi fuse and with airfoil on the wings. Not really looking for a flat our or one with a full fuse.
Thanks just the same. Nice website that I have saved to my favorites.
Sky_Captain is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2014, 09:15 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,320 Posts
Hmmm... I thought the HobbyKing MX2 in that first link I posted fit your description perfectly. It's (mostly) EPP with a box fuse and airfoiled wings.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 01:15 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,651 Posts
This is my Parkzone Archer BNF unboxing and review. This is the first civilian RC Plane I have ever owned and I am excited about it with a few exceptions that surfaced when reviewing this new RC Plane.

Here are the unboxing and review notes for this plane:

Cons
- Hatch design and functionality
- Horizontal stabilizer install
- Odd size and method to secure battery

Pros
- Very nice looking plane
- Nice size for more varied flying locations
- Price point when purchased

Parkzone Archer BNF Unboxing and Review of the Parkflyer RC Plane (8 min 48 sec)
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Sep 29, 2014, 03:56 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
Hmmm... I thought the HobbyKing MX2 in that first link I posted fit your description perfectly. It's (mostly) EPP with a box fuse and airfoiled wings.
It did,
but I talked to some guys who had it and it has some fatal flaws. I was really looking at it and it's in the US warehouse. Oh well. still on the look.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 04:07 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,249 Posts
Nice review GB,
That piece of metal would be the push rod
That sucks about the tail assy. Could have been much better. But at least it will come apart and go back in the box. Great for storage. Sorry to critique but I wouldn't call that great cockpit detailing. The dude has no arms, there is no control panel, I could go on but that would at least make the detailing much better. I'm pretty sure the Wildcat has better detailing than that.
I do however like that plane and have been looking at it for sometime. Let me know how it flies, I'm probably going to get one when the price drops and before they get discontinued.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 08:58 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
It did,
but I talked to some guys who had it and it has some fatal flaws. I was really looking at it and it's in the US warehouse. Oh well. still on the look.
Dang. That's disappointing to hear. My Skywings and others like them have all been great, except for that one from 3DHS of all places. I haven't bought anything from them since. The landing gear looks a bit crap on that MX2 but that's easily fixed for 97 cents at the hobby shop. I normally wouldn't recommend a plane from HobbyKing anyway after that terrible Sbach I got from them. Actually, that's two places I wouldn't recommend buying a plane from as both sold me bad planes and both failed to fix the problem. Ahh well... the Sbach does look nice on the wall.

If you can't find anything and are up for a project, this is a fun plane! http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1448771

That Archer looks like such a cool plane. Too bad about the crappy tail. Horizon will take care of it though. I bet they have a fix for it already. Both of the Sport Cubs that I built had wiggly horizontal stabs and I had to crank them extremely tight too. I might have even glued mine with a bit of CA. That's how this hobby is though. Almost everything needs a little extra something to fix something that didn't go right during the build. Boxes shmoxes. Glue that sucker and fly the wings off it!

And don't forget the video!
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Last edited by SD One.; Sep 29, 2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:22 AM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Nice review GB,
That piece of metal would be the push rod
That sucks about the tail assy. Could have been much better. But at least it will come apart and go back in the box. Great for storage. Sorry to critique but I wouldn't call that great cockpit detailing. The dude has no arms, there is no control panel, I could go on but that would at least make the detailing much better. I'm pretty sure the Wildcat has better detailing than that.
I do however like that plane and have been looking at it for sometime. Let me know how it flies, I'm probably going to get one when the price drops and before they get discontinued.
The price is already only $80 due to the sale going on right now. I am not sure how much longer they will be in stock at that price to be honest.

Your feedback is fair regarding the details. I think I got a little excited in the moment since it looks cooler in person than I expected, especially for only $80 lol

SD - Thanks man and I never forget a video hahaha
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,249 Posts
Thanks SD, no lenghty or detailed projects for me. Not enough time or experience.
I'll just keep looking. I wish twisted hobbies had a plane similar to what I'm looking for. Semi-fuse and wings with airfoil.

GB, Everything is better when it's cheap or free I will check the LHS and see if they have any and what the price is.
Old Today, 01:35 AM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,651 Posts
lol so true!