Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Jul 17, 2016, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by asiantraveltips
Joined Sep 2015
2 Posts
Discussion
Uthere Ruby and spiral landing technique

Hi all, I'm looking for a procedure to control a spiral landing using Uthere Ruby.

I am flying an AgEagle fixed wing and I normally use a 3-leg landing pattern but recently have been in a couple of situations where I think a helical landing would have been safer.

I know how to get the aircraft into loiter pattern. I think if I give control back to the controller, have the mode switch in the central position and reduce the throttle it should start to spiral slowly down. It's the last part that confuses me.

When it's about 10-15m above the ground I need to throttle off, straighten up and flare to land, but what am I doing with the mode switch? It seems like I might be fighting the firmware which would still be trying to spiral rather than straighten up? Do I flick the mode switch towards me (launch setting)?

Any other tips? Is this a fairly common way to land?
asiantraveltips is offline Find More Posts by asiantraveltips
Last edited by asiantraveltips; Jul 17, 2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: correction
to remove ads between posts