Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:04 AM
Find More Posts by michaelnel
United States, CA, Angels Camp
Joined Feb 2015
205 Posts
Discussion
CG on Slow Stick X

Hi

I am putting together an SSX ARF. I am curious as to why the instructions show the battery being mounted forward of the wing. I have an E-Flite Park 480 motor, and will use from 1800 to 2200mAh batteries to fly this thing. If the battery is out in front of the wing it seems to be way nose heavy.

Doesn't it make more sense to have the battery at the CG, about 1/3 of the way back from the leading edge of the wing?
michaelnel is offline Find More Posts by michaelnel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:42 PM
Find More Posts by michaelnel
United States, CA, Angels Camp
Joined Feb 2015
205 Posts
Well, looks like the SSX balances a LOT different than the GWS slow stick. I tried with the battery under the wing and moving the wing forward, can't get it to stop being tail heavy that way, so I will move the battery back to in front of the wing.
michaelnel is offline Find More Posts by michaelnel