Old Mar 22, 2013, 08:11 PM
Find More Posts by rcmotogp
Joined Feb 2011
113 Posts
Discussion
RC Bikes Ruapuna Christchurch NZ

Today we had our first official unofficial get together of RC Bikes in Christchurch.

Like Scaulfi all those years ago in Aussie the ultimate goal is racing but at this stage it is very casual helping guys get setup right and generally getting everyone heading in the right direction.

4 bikes turned out, all SB5's, we where hoping to see a TT nitro but Trev ended up not bringing it so he turned into our marshall, thanks Trev, saved me running up and down the drivers stand.

Having 4 bikes on the track was great, it probably doesnt sound like alot to the oversea's guys but for us it was a great challenge, especially when your used to having the whole track to yourself.

Everyone is keen to make this a regular thing so we decided on the third Saturday of every month, Anyone intersted in joining us PM me or post on here, it would be nice to make this a reference point for any locals interested in bikes.

Anyway heres a few pictures from the day, sorry for the poor quality its my cheap camera.
rcmotogp is offline Find More Posts by rcmotogp
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:34 PM
Find More Posts by rskip
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
340 Posts
Nice pics, what's up with the green bike - is it some sort of SB-5 crossbreed? The flying wheel gives that pic a surreal feel to it.

-rskip
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:42 PM
Joined Feb 2011
113 Posts
Its a SB5 with a set of forks adapted to it, the man who made it will be able to answer any questions on that, he hangs around on here.
Last edited by rcmotogp; Mar 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: .
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:11 AM
Find More Posts by bobng89
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
38 Posts
Finally a sb5 with front fork surfaces
bobng89 is offline Find More Posts by bobng89
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:18 AM
Find More Posts by steliosh
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,575 Posts
It's so wonderful to have other bikers around! I simply envy you!!!!!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:58 AM
Joined Feb 2011
113 Posts
Hey Steliosh

I know your pain, its taken along time to get this far, but I'm hoping it keeps growing from here, the more bikes on the track the more impressive it looks.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 03:45 AM
Find More Posts by blackpete1
Chirstchurch NZ
Joined Oct 2004
134 Posts
The green bike is definitely a cross breed . It has the front forks off my old TT nitro bike , some CNR tripple clamps , Atomik steering damper ,home made carbon front brake using the standard TT disk , home made carbon chassis plates and also carbon steering servo plates. It has definitely changed the way the bike handles.
Its not finished yet but ill post some pics when its looking a bit prettier
Ive made it so all i do to swap back to the sb5 front end is by undoing 4 screws So far im happy with the conventional front end it still needs work and some little changes . If im totally 100% happy with it when im finished ill invest in some decent forks.
I would like to thank Dan (rcmotogp) for all his help , generosity and effort to promote our hobby (and his spare parts) over the last couple off years.
Today was fun having four bikes on the track we just needed some more marshals I might have to pay my boys to do it
Cheers
Pete.
blackpete1 is offline Find More Posts by blackpete1
Old Mar 23, 2013, 04:42 AM
Find More Posts by symon
Joined Apr 2007
577 Posts
Well done..........keep it going...and youve got great weather!......weve had to cancel our first national of the year here in the UK due to heavy snow!!
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:02 PM
Find More Posts by snesladd
Sverige, Stockholms Lšn, Stockholm
Joined Jun 2011
125 Posts
Is it possible to see a picture of the green without a body?
snesladd is offline Find More Posts by snesladd
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:45 PM
Joined Feb 2011
113 Posts
I did snap a pic without the body yesterday but I promised Pete I wouldnt post it, as he said earlier he want s to finish it and pretty it up first. I can tell you it uses all the original 4 thunder tiger mounting points, and I have driven it, it certainly changes the handling although it had no front brake when I drove it. I think once he has a nice set forks and new tyres on there it will be very hard to beat.

Im sure Pete will post some picture when its finished
Old Mar 23, 2013, 08:33 PM
Find More Posts by 0i8u2
Australia, QLD, Landsborough
Joined Aug 2012
106 Posts
It's a shame air fair and accommodation is so expensive
We could have a once a year Australia v's NZ cup
Your track looks good it's a lot of fun with a few bikes on the track
Cheers
Bruce
0i8u2 is offline Find More Posts by 0i8u2
Old Mar 24, 2013, 12:12 AM
Joined Feb 2011
113 Posts
I think you Aussie guys would give us a hiding at this stage, but a bit of trans tasman rivalry is always good for any sport or hobby. My brother lives in melbourne, yay free accommodation!
Old Mar 24, 2013, 01:49 AM
Find More Posts by Pedro51
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Apr 2007
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpete1 View Post
The green bike is definitely a cross breed . If im totally 100% happy with it when im finished ill invest in some decent forks.
I would like to thank Dan (rcmotogp) for all his help , generosity and effort to promote our hobby (and his spare parts) over the last couple off years.
Today was fun having four bikes on the track we just needed some more marshals I might have to pay my boys to do it
Cheers
Pete.
I've got a set of unused KP forks you could borrow to see if they are any better than the TT jobbies. The are in storage at the moment but I could find them after Easter.

Peter
Pedro51 is online now Find More Posts by Pedro51
Old Mar 24, 2013, 06:32 AM
Find More Posts by blackpete1
Chirstchurch NZ
Joined Oct 2004
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro51 View Post
I've got a set of unused KP forks you could borrow to see if they are any better than the TT jobbies. The are in storage at the moment but I could find them after Easter.

Peter
Thanks for the kind offer Peter but Dan has already offered me his KP forks to try.

Here is a couple pics of my little unfinished project
blackpete1 is offline Find More Posts by blackpete1
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:21 PM
Joined Feb 2011
113 Posts
Here's a few minutes of onboard video from our track, I mounted the Gopro on top which is not a great idea, all the weight puts the bike out of balance

Untitled (2 min 6 sec)
Last edited by rcmotogp; Mar 29, 2013 at 03:47 AM.