to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 02:00 AM
launch low, fly high
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Havelock North
Joined Dec 2004
1,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm77 View Post
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but I think you guys deserve to hear it.

There seems to be some kind of conflict between Joe and Vladimir (don't know the details), that's caused a stop in the production of the Snipe!

Let's just hope it's temporary and that production will eventually start again. But now would be a good time to secure another Snipe, just in case.

Again, sorry to be the bringer of bad news, particularly at the beginning of the month!
The Snipe is a horrible plane. Why would ANYONE ever get one... it is definitely not a good time right now to get one, as it is uncertain as to whether the tailboom is at the correct length, amongst a long list of other failings in the design.

Ignore the contest results, and the pilots extolling the virtues as they are just quantifying their selection bias. Of course the plane will occasionally win, there are so many of them out there so the proverbial blind pig (or Finch) will find the acorn sometimes.
Joe W is offline Find More Posts by Joe W
Old Yesterday, 06:06 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,936 Posts
I'm so happy with my Snipe(s). I've bought more of them to date than any other single plane in my entire 30 years of RC flying. If there is any truth to the rumor, I hope it gets resolved.

Aww geez..... April 1st. I guess once a fool, always a fool.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Last edited by Mr. Wiz; Yesterday at 07:08 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM
Retirement is good
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Jun 2011
510 Posts
Yeah Joe, couldn't agree more on this first day of April. Reading threads on all the new batch of DLGs, and there are many excellent birds out there, each is ALWAYS compared to the crappy old Snipe, the gold standard. You and Vlad have much to be proud of!

Dick
rofly is offline Find More Posts by rofly
Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
8,109 Posts
I have been a fool to have been flying this lowly Snipe the last couple years!
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined Jul 2012
411 Posts
I got the new fuselage (short version) with the extra-light wing. With MKS servos and 1s 900mah my plane will come around 200gr AUW... I guess it could be done even lower but I like push rods and don't use CA but epoxy all around.

Will post pictures and weights later tonite.
funkz is online now Find More Posts by funkz
Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined Aug 2004
160 Posts
Quote:
i have been a fool to have been flying this lowly snipe the last couple years!
:

Don't wise up Jon..........

Barry
Blaster is offline Find More Posts by Blaster
Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
8,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
:

Don't wise up Jon..........

Barry
Wise up? No chance of that
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM
Guz
Gutless wonder
Tempe, AZ
Joined Dec 2005
3,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm77 View Post
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but I think you guys deserve to hear it.

There seems to be some kind of conflict between Joe and Vladimir (don't know the details), that's caused a stop in the production of the Snipe!

Let's just hope it's temporary and that production will eventually start again. But now would be a good time to secure another Snipe, just in case.

Again, sorry to be the bringer of bad news, particularly at the beginning of the month!
You think that's bad... I just happened to call Berry about a question about the Snipe today and man did I get an ear full about this. I still can't make heads nor tails about what he was saying. Let's just say Berry was just pissed off about the conflict, as he was swearing like a drunken sailor that just got thrown out of a whore house while on shore leave.
Guz is offline Find More Posts by Guz