SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:26 PM
New Beeeeee
RUBNorris's Avatar
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
1,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdimand View Post
Well deserved, your wings rock. Congrats, hard work does pay off!! Flinch still going very strong, it's Runt time, and another Flinch.
Thanks Bob! I figure I need to start showing my ugly mug out there. Lol Im redoing the runt and will not be ready for sale like the first batch. Alot of guys had a hard time getting cg.
Flinch and jugg will start to come with skids for free with the kits. I just need to cut them. They should be ready later

.
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:08 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBNorris View Post
Thanks Bob! I figure I need to start showing my ugly mug out there. Lol Im redoing the runt and will not be ready for sale like the first batch. Alot of guys had a hard time getting cg.
Flinch and jugg will start to come with skids for free with the kits. I just need to cut them. They should be ready later

.
Awesome, could you make a PDF or something of the pattern for these skids? That way us skidless Juggernaut owners can cut our own and not be jealous.
benjahmon is offline Find More Posts by benjahmon
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:47 AM
New Beeeeee
RUBNorris's Avatar
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
1,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjahmon View Post
Awesome, could you make a PDF or something of the pattern for these skids? That way us skidless Juggernaut owners can cut our own and not be jealous.
Here you go Ben, this should help you i am testing a new airfoil for the jugg also. Same thickness longer nose more wing area. Pure bullet. Gotta try!
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2014, 08:42 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
91 Posts
Yesterday, I met up with some friends at the local orchard on a spectacular day, especially given it was December 26 in NY. Temps neared 50 degrees with a light breeze. During this flight, I could feel the rays of the winter sun hitting my face and keeping me warm while I cruised around the field. I just had it in gear, throttle locked at around 50% and had a nice long cruise around the orchard. Nothing fancy and under 400ft the whole time! It just felt awesome. Added some feel good music and I think I'll watch this one whenever I need a reminder of some good FPV times.

Juggernaut FPV - Feel good flight (8 min 31 sec)



Happy birthday Ruben!
appelm is offline Find More Posts by appelm
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2014, 09:52 AM
New Beeeeee
RUBNorris's Avatar
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
1,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
Yesterday, I met up with some friends at the local orchard on a spectacular day, especially given it was December 26 in NY. Temps neared 50 degrees with a light breeze. During this flight, I could feel the rays of the winter sun hitting my face and keeping me warm while I cruised around the field. I just had it in gear, throttle locked at around 50% and had a nice long cruise around the orchard. Nothing fancy and under 400ft the whole time! It just felt awesome. Added some feel good music and I think I'll watch this one whenever I need a reminder of some good FPV times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa8rXNErv1M


Happy birthday Ruben!
Hey Thanks Marc!! Nice flying and looks like good weather out there still. That speed look really good @50% lol Sweet!
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2014, 06:44 PM
Registered User
Nwtlakes's Avatar
Canada, NT, Yellowknife
Joined Nov 2012
102 Posts
RubNorris,

Your wings look great. I had a quick look through your profile. Im not seeing an easy to find link to where you sell your wings. Are you selling one at a time via pm, or do you have a website setup? I'm mostly interested in the price on a smaller one with no electrics, I could do those myself.

Thanks
Nwtlakes is offline Find More Posts by Nwtlakes
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2014, 07:25 PM
New Beeeeee
RUBNorris's Avatar
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
1,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwtlakes View Post
RubNorris,

Your wings look great. I had a quick look through your profile. Im not seeing an easy to find link to where you sell your wings. Are you selling one at a time via pm, or do you have a website setup? I'm mostly interested in the price on a smaller one with no electrics, I could do those myself.

Thanks
Hi Nwtlakes,
My email is on page one and I have a website up. I cant advertise really on here so I post up picture of my progress with what I have been doing. Mainly alot of goofing around

Www.sweepwings.com
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2014, 07:54 PM
Registered User
Nwtlakes's Avatar
Canada, NT, Yellowknife
Joined Nov 2012
102 Posts
Cool, thanks a lot. I'll start reading through this thread when I have time and check out your website.. I've only ever built two balsa kits. The other 25 planes have all been some version of scratchbuilt foamie planes / wings etc. A LOT of goofing around! Haha. Cheers
Nwtlakes is offline Find More Posts by Nwtlakes
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2015, 11:57 AM
New Beeeeee
RUBNorris's Avatar
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
1,117 Posts
Happy new Year everyone!!!

=)
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:49 AM
Registered User
United States, NY, Cleveland
Joined Dec 2013
16 Posts
OK, I know I'm suppose to be building the Behemoth , and the Dreadnought, but what I can I say 25F and sunny is about as good as it gets in Jan. Had a mid-flight glitch (Taranis switched models!) that proved the durability of the Jugg once again. 45 degree dive from 800 feet!

Only broke a prop

One of the benefits of snow and ice. The crash only broke a prop
Ice Landing... and Crash (1 min 4 sec)
ww_kayak is offline Find More Posts by ww_kayak
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:03 AM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
snipeworm's Avatar
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
2,063 Posts
Wow, that thing was sure tracking straight! Nice hit.

Is there a known glitch with the Taranis? That's scary it just switched models like that.
snipeworm is online now Find More Posts by snipeworm
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:18 AM
Registered User
United States, NY, Cleveland
Joined Dec 2013
16 Posts
Actually if you use UHF LRS with too much power it will actually make the Taranis think you are pushing buttons! I knew about it, added shielding, but got lazy and never got around to moving the antenna a little bit, which fixes the problem. Didn't notice I had switched to high power mode! doh!

BTW, any Juggernaut pod yet
ww_kayak is offline Find More Posts by ww_kayak
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:56 AM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
snipeworm's Avatar
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
2,063 Posts
Not yet, I am working with different plastics to find a good replacement for plywood. I dont like how the ply wood pods take abrasions.... they will wear out far sooner than a jug and we cant have that!
snipeworm is online now Find More Posts by snipeworm
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2015, 04:13 PM
New Beeeeee
RUBNorris's Avatar
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
1,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ww_kayak View Post
OK, I know I'm suppose to be building the Behemoth , and the Dreadnought, but what I can I say 25F and sunny is about as good as it gets in Jan. Had a mid-flight glitch (Taranis switched models!) that proved the durability of the Jugg once again. 45 degree dive from 800 feet!

Only broke a prop

One of the benefits of snow and ice. The crash only broke a prop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4tMCHviEcg

wow! Props just can not hang. Lol that high power is no joke also. Seems you got it dialed in as far as flying goses. Nice man.
RUBNorris is offline Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2015, 09:00 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
91 Posts
Had a chance to edit some footage from this past weekend. Was really great flying over the ice:

Juggernaut FPV - Over The Ice (4 min 53 sec)
appelm is offline Find More Posts by appelm
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold 3DHS EPP 38" SLICK - LPU in Houston Low_N_Slow Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Jan 10, 2013 12:23 PM
Gallery Scratch build EPP wing for fast FPV catching up with the winds tushev FPV Talk 4 Oct 18, 2010 11:32 AM
Build Log Build Log - STARFIRE! Mc Clain Wing Cores 48" virgin foam and EPP pval3 Flying Wings 75 May 28, 2009 11:36 PM