HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2014, 09:20 PM
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Aug 2012
1,088 Posts
I finally maidened my 15cc Pawnee with 5" inflatable wheels. The rates were set on the book's low rates which proved to be fine. The takeoff was very predictable and there were no frantic moments at all. I had plenty of time to tweek trims and had it flying hands off in just a couple of minutes. There were no bad habits when I dropped the flaps, it just slowed down nicely. With the half flaps the landings had a beautiful gentle glide path to a 2 point rollout with the tail still flying for about 30'. When the tail did finally quit flying and dropped, I had to give full up elevator to plant the tail wheel and keep steering control. After the maiden I had a huge grin on my face and when I turned around the peanut gallery could tell that I felt like a little kid and laughed and celebrated with me.

This is a great addition to my hanger, it is a lot of relaxing fun.
jwellsy is offline Find More Posts by jwellsy
to remove ads between posts