SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:12 PM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanGold View Post
Do you know if that is the Glyder 600 frame or some other brand?
Mini 650 frame.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1656651
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Aug 2012
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulda View Post
That's great! The stabilised one even more. Which software do you use for the stabilization?
If you are on Mac, Final Cut Pro X has it built in and only $300. The default settings are a little strong though, best to wind them down a bit
TAP993 is offline Find More Posts by TAP993
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:15 PM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
i found the fcpx version aweful compared to AE
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:49 AM
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
As i wanted hexacopter, so ordered Ecilop gimbal.
Now asked my friend to buit a hexa for it. Here is Process of it

Props are only for the pic. there will be some other. haven't decided witch ill by groupners, Slow flyers, or other type. what you can recomend?
Motors sunysky 2216
esc 30A flush flashed SimonK
Naza with GPS
E-TECH G105 Digital AVCS Gyro
PZ 15158A Digital 25g Servo

Battery 3s or 4s 5000mah.
Dont know if this motors can hold much with 4s, as we tested on stand, with 4s they getting hot, but as i was reading here on forums, lads using them with 4s battery. Any experiences here?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:12 AM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
United States, NY, New York
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiutaS View Post
As i wanted hexacopter, so ordered Ecilop gimbal.
Now asked my friend to buit a hexa for it.
Do you need the extra weigh-tlifting of a Hexa if sticking with the Nex5? Are you doing it for stability or just because you like it?
I am thinking of going the other way with a long wing-span tricopter instead. Two things my Ecilop doesn't do well is portability and yaw issues, both would be resolved by switching to a Tri like my Delrin home build. Maybe switch to carbon rods and beef everything up a bit?
http://rcexplorer.se/projects/2012/0...als-tricopter/. Has anyone played with this idea?
nycewheels is offline Find More Posts by nycewheels
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:18 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
nto many high end flight controllers with good gimbal responce have tri firmware though i dont thinkg.
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:50 AM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Sep 2011
11 Posts
Have you thought about offering a kit that includes everything needed to complete a build (perhaps excluding camera and radio) including connectors, wiring, etc.? That way you don't have to build it but would provide a highly desirable solution for your customers. Also, since the Sony NEX 5N is discontinued will the mount work with the new 5R or the 7?
emarketwiz is offline Find More Posts by emarketwiz
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:06 PM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
nto many high end flight controllers with good gimbal responce have tri firmware though i dont thinkg.
That is correct, I mostly use KK & Hobby King boards for Tri's. None of those have auto mode or GPS.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:55 PM
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycewheels View Post
Do you need the extra weigh-tlifting of a Hexa if sticking with the Nex5? Are you doing it for stability or just because you like it?
I am thinking of going the other way with a long wing-span tricopter instead. Two things my Ecilop doesn't do well is portability and yaw issues, both would be resolved by switching to a Tri like my Delrin home build. Maybe switch to carbon rods and beef everything up a bit?
http://rcexplorer.se/projects/2012/0...als-tricopter/. Has anyone played with this idea?
Few things why i choose hexa
1. Stability
2. Hope to get more flight time
3. More lifting power

I dont understad, why u need tricoper? Sounds like a bad idea. Portabiliti i agree, with yaw tricopter is too quick. This copter is for smooth video.
Another thing you will need powerfull motors, but than again for 3 motors to lift such weight is too much. For 6 motors is way much easyer.
Y6 will work better.
Last edited by LiutaS; Nov 17, 2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emarketwiz View Post
Have you thought about offering a kit that includes everything needed to complete a build (perhaps excluding camera and radio) including connectors, wiring, etc.? That way you don't have to build it but would provide a highly desirable solution for your customers. Also, since the Sony NEX 5N is discontinued will the mount work with the new 5R or the 7?
You mean RTF ? Its on his website.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:33 PM
Bert'sEyeViews of NYC
Joined May 2011
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiutaS View Post
Few things why i choose hexa
1. Stability
2. Hope to get more flight time
3. More lifting power

I dont understads, why u need tricoper? Sound like bad idea. Portabiliti i agree, with yaw tricopter is too quick. This copter is for smooth video.
Another thing you will need powerfull motors, but than again for 3 motors to lift such weight is too much. For 6 motors is way much easyer.
Y6 will work better.
I like how my Tri does not change altitude or motor-speed when using rudder, you can adjust it super smooth. Downside is that flimsey mechanical control/servo on tail. My Ecilop gimbal does a good job of doing roll and pitch adjustments but not liking the yaw reacting to changing torque of props.

I assume fewer motors is better efficiency, fewer motors and controllers = fewer failures. I don't really believe in redundancy that much, usually things other than motor or ESC's break that still make it come down. I just discovered a main power-lead on my Ecilop that got corroded from soldering and was only hanging on a few strings, no amount of motors would have kept it in the air.

I have looked at Y6 but think they are not super efficient either.
Tri's give you a super wide view in the front for filming at any pitch angle, up to 120 degree views. Just wondering, not really ready to build one yet.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emarketwiz View Post
Also, since the Sony NEX 5N is discontinued will the mount work with the new 5R or the 7?
The Sony Nex 5R is almost identical to the 5N. (Adds wifi) So I don't see why there would be an issue with it. The Nex 7 is heavier so you'll have to check on that one.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:22 AM
Joined Oct 2012
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycewheels View Post
That is correct, I mostly use KK & Hobby King boards for Tri's. None of those have auto mode or GPS.
APM 2.5 does. Yet to test gimbal with Ecilop though, hopefully soon now.

I recently built a Y6 and would have loved to adapt it to Ecilop. Sold though to fund this. They may not be technically as efficient due to prop wash but they are known for smooth stability as well as the tri field of view. Looking forward to seeing that hexa fly.

InfinitR is offline Find More Posts by InfinitR
Last edited by InfinitR; Nov 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:50 AM
Czech Republic, Hlavní město Praha, Prague
Joined Sep 2012
21 Posts
Yes APM specifications sound very promising. It has everything. I have one APM 2.5 board for my Ecilop but the setting process is very difficult for me as beginner in PID tuning. So I let the default. Perhaps that is why I am not satisfied with automatic modes behavior. Alt hold and position hold not as good as I expected. I will play with it when have more time.
Ulda is offline Find More Posts by Ulda
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:51 AM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitR View Post
APM 2.5 does. Yet to test gimbal with Ecilop though, hopefully soon now.

I recently built a Y6 and would have loved to adapt it to Ecilop. Sold though to fund this. They may not be technically as efficient due to prop wash but they are known for smooth stability as well as the tri field of view. Looking forward to seeing that hexa fly.

One month ago I send my suggestions about Naza to DJI , but it may be useful for another controllers:

1. While setting a quadrocopter output M5 and M6 are not used. I offer to make an option which allows to give to these outputs the signals for a gyro gain control. Signal GAIN for the gyro TILT may have one meaning chosen by the user. Signal GAIN for the gyro axel ROLL has to have two meanings: one for vertical position and another in case of camera skewed forward or backward on the axel TILT. The case is when the cameras gimbal skewed forward or backward it is preferable to lower the GAIN for the gyro of axel ROLL. These three values are to be chosen by user experimentally. For the proper work of all types of the gyro it is necessary that PWM impulses would be submitted in the same order as on the helicopter: first the signal of position, then GAIN signal, then a gap (not less than 10 msec).

2. Add a possibility of more precise linearization for setting automatic compensation. Now we have three parameters set: neutral position, two end points, ratio. I suggest taking a table with 9 meanings for different angles: -40, -20, -10, -5, 0, +5, +10, +20, +40 degrees. So user has to skew the gear frame to the indicated angle and choose the meaning of compensation signal for each position. Program makes a more precise compensation graphic based on the chosen meanings. This function could be as a separate menu point “Expert settings”

3. Produce own external MEMS gyros, which are attached to NAZA controller. That is two little sensors with flexible wires of necessary length set on the gimbals axels. In this case servos are attached directly to controller avoiding using extra gyros.
Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor