SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 12, 2014, 06:51 PM
United States, TX, McKinney
Joined Jun 2014
28 Posts
Discussion
Blade Nano CPX, are upgrades worth doing?

I was thinking about upgrading to Aluminum parts and carbon fiber chassis, is it worth doing?, do they holdup better when crashed, And if so who makes the best parts?
Keith93611 is offline Find More Posts by Keith93611
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2014, 11:44 AM
Joined Jun 2014
28 Posts
I Guess It's not worth doing!
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:03 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,979 Posts
Bling parts look great. some like them other do not. best upgrade is bl kit.
Heli is nice stock but is better with bl upgrade. Start buying metal s/plate/ grips/ special frame and then $$ goes up. Little heli can become a money pit.
Colored blades are nice/ good luck with fine little heli.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jul 13, 2014, 05:23 PM
Auntie Gravity left me hangin'
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2007
654 Posts
I busted one of the arms on my stock swash and decided to take the oft-repeated advice over at Heli Freak that most Blade helis are improved with a CNC swash. The Microheli version with the rear anti-rotation guide is the one most recommended, unless you crash a lot, in which case the Lynx version is more robust (and heavy).

The MH swash provided a subtle but noticeable improvement in the handling department on my Nano. The stock swash arms are very flexible and you can feel the difference as crisper response during fast maneuvers. The weight gain is a mere two tenths of a gram over stock.

I personally wouldn't go with any additional CNC parts on the Nano , as you're unlikely to accomplish anything more than extra weight and greater crash damage . OTOH, I noticed a definite improvement in flight performance with a full CNC head on my MCPX BL, but that little monster has more than enough power to handle a little extra weight.

Uncle Gravity is online now Find More Posts by Uncle Gravity
Old Jul 14, 2014, 07:28 PM
Joined Jun 2014
28 Posts
Good info, Thanks.. just ordered the swash.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:30 PM
last of the sixties kids..
New Zealand, Northland, Whangarei
Joined Jan 2013
515 Posts
It depends. If you crash a lot upgrading to metal parts is a sure way to break the other related plastic parts when you crash. I consider more batteries to be the most important upgrade. After that it is up to the individual pilots wants or needs.
Cannafish is offline Find More Posts by Cannafish
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:50 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,979 Posts
This is best sub 100 sized c/p on market. First is HH. Second there are many options available. Vendors of differnet parts etc. Micro-heli/ KDBB/ Lynx etc. BL kit availble not only from HH but others also.
Stock is fine and as stated good batteries. I like the HH bl kit as I feel gives bird little more mass and increased blend of power.
HH has bnf/ rtf at same price. Anyway DX4e is good for lawn darts or park flyers etc. Full range 4 ch TX. You could use it or sell it or use for other birds. -
I have two Nanos with bl kit, plus fly them with two other very fine helis V120D02s. Mix in a MSR-X/ Mini C/p bl and have nice group of flyers.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04