HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2013, 03:45 PM
The Dukester
Canada, ON, North Bay
Joined Apr 2007
13 Posts
Idea
Bomb Drop

I bought a crashed plane off a buddy and did a rebuild on it. I am tossing around idea's for a bomb drop (actually for releasing a paratrooper)
I am looking for some idea's for the release door and the mechanism involved. Looking forward to any input.
Tim
timfly45 is offline Find More Posts by timfly45
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2013, 08:33 PM
United States, TX, Leander
Joined Sep 2003
2,532 Posts
I just strapped the paratrooper to the outside of the plane using a couple of rubber bands. They were anchored on one side and used a servo with a short pushrod in a yoke. Worked like a champ.
Edwin
edwin1 is online now Find More Posts by edwin1
Old Apr 09, 2013, 06:41 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,052 Posts
Also scroll down this page a bit, there is a 'Similar Threads' list that may also help as it's a fairly regular question.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Apr 28, 2013, 01:39 PM
Joined Feb 2013
33 Posts
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ug_n_Drop.html
eliterussian6941 is offline Find More Posts by eliterussian6941
Old Jun 27, 2013, 04:02 AM
Joined Jun 2013
9 Posts
Hi,

I have that thing at home, works like a charm!

Just make sure that when you attach it to a belly-lander, you protect it from impact and such. The moving parts are pretty fragile.

My personal idea was to get a second one and hang one on each wing.

===

Oh, and don't fasten it completely to the plane, better is velcro or rare-earth magnets. ( I bought mine of a well-known Chinese website)
ADHDWald is offline Find More Posts by ADHDWald
Old Jul 27, 2013, 09:27 PM
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Mar 2013
92 Posts
Servo, rubber band, plastic self adhesive wire clip, and $1 parachute jumper from dollar tree. Bada boom Bada bing.
WNCflyer is offline Find More Posts by WNCflyer
Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:42 AM
Breakin Props
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jul 2013
77 Posts
servo and rubber band, works great.
Baracudaaa is offline Find More Posts by Baracudaaa
Old Sep 19, 2013, 06:05 PM
Littleton, CO
Joined Nov 2009
411 Posts
I built a box where the floor had a hinge on the one side and a magnet on the other. I left the length of the floor longer than the box so it extended past the front wall. I then rigged a servo with a long arm to push the floor down and open the floor all the way up. That way I could (and have) drop paratroopers, bouncy balls, 8 oz coke can, an action figure rigged to a piece of rope to simulate rapelling out, and rolls of toiled paper.
S9coldfire is offline Find More Posts by S9coldfire