SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:34 AM
United States, KS, Junction City
Joined Aug 2008
209 Posts
Question
Losi Micro T hard surface tire upgrade

Hi, I have two losi micro T's that I race on a hard surface floor (finished concrete) and was wondering if there are tires out there that get better traction than the stock ones?
JKEP44 is offline Find More Posts by JKEP44
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 04:27 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
slackstarhobbies.com will have all you need .
the 3 racing are good and also the atomic . best to change to threaded axels while doing the swap and save your self a head ache .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:46 PM
Joined Feb 2004
102 Posts
We did a fair amount of tire experimentation on my smootch concrete garage track, nothing performed better than the stock ribs in front and knobbies in the back. They were compared to different degrees of slicks and mild treads. The stocks have a controlled loss of traction, the others are prone to spinouts. My theory is that as the ribs or knobbies start to lose traction, the skidding scrubs off some dust into the grooves and then they regain traction. With a smooth tire the dust just gets rubbed to a different part of the tire. My track is very clean, a leaf blower is used to clean the track and a mist of soda (~1 can for a 3 car garage) is applied with a squirt bottle. Then a squeegee is used to make the tack uniform.

If anyone finds a tire that works better than stock on smooth concrete please post.

Here is a video of my garage race track, all of the micro-t's are running stock tires.
Losi Micro-T race (1 min 52 sec)
Evil Twin is offline Find More Posts by Evil Twin
Old Mar 03, 2013, 05:12 AM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
some have went so far as to produce foams for these losi micros . go to ( microtforum.com ) and you may find some and also thats where youll find your ( which tire is better than that one ) .

also @ evil which tires were compared in your tests ??
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:58 PM
Joined Feb 2004
102 Posts
Losi Micro T slick tires with foams for front or rear (item# MCT888L30G)
Losi Micro T Daytona edge street meats road tire (item# MCT889L40G)
LOSB1575 Losi Pre-Mounted Micro 22 On Road Tire Set (Chrome) (4)

I tried all types independently and some tests were done mixed with the stock tires, for example rear stock and slicks on front. I wanted to try knobbies or ribbed all around but you can't buy the tires separate from the rims so it would have been difficult.

If I were to experiment more I would try aggressive tread patterns.
Evil Twin is offline Find More Posts by Evil Twin
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:59 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
ive heard god things about the tomic tires but the rims are prne to brak under hard impact .