Closed Thread
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:32 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedenney View Post
But...I'm not letting my 'tinkering' ruin my fun....ohhh, no, not unless you include extending the receiving range of my WiFli around 200% or more, ruining 'fun'...or adding one of those little 'keyfob' spycams to it!

Still--I 'get' ya...don't have 'em 'down' so much I forget to have fun!
Yeah that's what I'm talking about, but my post was more along the lines of "all those other guys said you bought worthless crap, but let me tell you it's not!" so that's why I opened the way I did. I've been around a long time and I've seen just about every possible way this can go, so I do tend to make some assumptions sometimes. If they are wrong just tell me... but it never hurts to warn explorers about the traps along the road.

So, just as an example... how did you increase the range of your radio system, and how do you know it was increased?

I looked at your web site. I've been a programmer for 20 years, if you want some suggestions, just send me a PM. I work in aerospace now, doing web tools to aid in the building of spacecraft of various kinds - but I still have my finger on user interface trends and new tech.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:41 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
edit -
that's the wrong image - how do I remove it?
Whew - gonna be a looong day.
Nothing to see here - move along.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Last edited by karlik; Nov 05, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:06 PM
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Nov 2012
12 Posts
Thanks again...I know it's been months, just didn't want to seem ungrateful; I found it here, you got me pointed in the right direction, it seems to be an 'even older' model LH-109--so, ancient, but thanks to your help I'm FINALLY ordering a replacement PCB board this morning, along with maybe a screw kit and a cowling...so, again, 'Thanks'!
mikedenney is offline Find More Posts by mikedenney
Last edited by mikedenney; Jan 31, 2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:50 AM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
I have the 929 like balr14 is talking about. I got it from helipal and it arrived in less than 2 weeks. I too bought 2 coaxials before getting the fp beetle, they now sit on my bench collecting dust. I have a big 350 coaxial that wont even fly in a slight breeze, while the beetle will fly in pretty much any breeze down here in south Texas. The 929 beetle is also 4 channel which will teach you a whole new level of flying. I've only been flying 4 channel for about a month now and I'm already doing flips in 100% mode. Do I feel I can just pick up the control and fly any 4 channel yet? NO!!!! But the beetle just makes it so easy to learn on. Get it and practice your butt off, you'll have the hang of it in no time. Later
hyoslvr is offline Find More Posts by hyoslvr
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:56 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,441 Posts
hyoslvr:

You are further ahead than you think. There's no FP heli that comes close to the performance, response speed and movement authority of that V929 at 100%. Any FP heli would be boring after about an hour. You are going to need a micro CP next.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:19 AM
Joined Nov 2012
12 Posts
Gonna get me one! I live under oft-strange wind conditions...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:37 AM
Joined Nov 2012
12 Posts
More Dang Free Ad-vice

The 'vice' part hyphenated because it's pretty obnoxious to keep answering dumb questions, but...

what do you guys have to say about http://feala.com/?
Sucky? Good? Any input?
also, Geeks.com?

Good? Bad? Vile spew? anything? Bueller...Bueller?

Please keep in mind I really do listen, but my budget is entirely too low to keep up with my own budding enthusiasm, much less 'youse guys' well-developed skills/budgets/interest.

Also, anybody seen this?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.glsample
They've recently updated it with a quad-copter unit, but my own personal feeling leaves me doubting it anywhere approaches the 'helisim' PC sims that I got from Jasmine's heli info sites (which I'm still using sometimes, BTW--so, thanks, bud!)

Winds here at my house in Bowling Green, KY are often unpredictable, and I still don't have access to any local gyms/indoor sites to try out flying under helpful conditions (training wheels...I know).

I'm STILL waiting for my replacement parts to arrive from feala.com (bought there only because they are apparently primary vendors of the exact junk-copter I broke late 2012). I bought a canopy, a 'mainboard' (I shorted out mine), and some other stuff, and emailed 'em only to get a load of bunk that didn't even qualify as 'understandable'. I wanted a tracking number, and all I got back was this:

"Hi,

For lower shipping fee, just can ship it by post. Please note your parcel has been shipped out from China by post on February 2nd. often need about 5-27days for delivery. would you kindly help to wait for it and let me know if you also do not get it after March 2nd. thank you!

2013-02-14"

I put it in 'brown' because it's such a bunch of hooey.

So, my own view on feala.com is 'I hate and distrust em', for now, until I get my toy parts, at least...after that, I've now learned my lesson and will mow a yard or three to buy better stuff from HobbyKing or anywhere else, for that matter.

I should have tried to find it on alibaba, like Lentar said...right now I've got nothing but my tiny little WiFli, which doesn't even hold a good charge any more (and I babied the hell out it that little thing, as far as storage).

wah!
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:57 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
The 'vice' part hyphenated because it's pretty obnoxious to keep answering dumb questions, but...

what do you guys have to say about http://feala.com/?
Sucky? Good? Any input?
also, Geeks.com?

Good? Bad? Vile spew? anything? Bueller...Bueller?

Please keep in mind I really do listen, but my budget is entirely too low to keep up with my own budding enthusiasm, much less 'youse guys' well-developed skills/budgets/interest.

Also, anybody seen this?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.glsample
They've recently updated it with a quad-copter unit, but my own personal feeling leaves me doubting it anywhere approaches the 'helisim' PC sims that I got from Jasmine's heli info sites (which I'm still using sometimes, BTW--so, thanks, bud!)

Winds here at my house in Bowling Green, KY are often unpredictable, and I still don't have access to any local gyms/indoor sites to try out flying under helpful conditions (training wheels...I know).

I'm STILL waiting for my replacement parts to arrive from feala.com (bought there only because they are apparently primary vendors of the exact junk-copter I broke late 2012). I bought a canopy, a 'mainboard' (I shorted out mine), and some other stuff, and emailed 'em only to get a load of bunk that didn't even qualify as 'understandable'. I wanted a tracking number, and all I got back was this:

"Hi,

For lower shipping fee, just can ship it by post. Please note your parcel has been shipped out from China by post on February 2nd. often need about 5-27days for delivery. would you kindly help to wait for it and let me know if you also do not get it after March 2nd. thank you!

2013-02-14"

I put it in 'brown' because it's such a bunch of hooey.

So, my own view on feala.com is 'I hate and distrust em', for now, until I get my toy parts, at least...after that, I've now learned my lesson and will mow a yard or three to buy better stuff from HobbyKing or anywhere else, for that matter.

I should have tried to find it on alibaba, like Lentar said...right now I've got nothing but my tiny little WiFli, which doesn't even hold a good charge any more (and I babied the hell out it that little thing, as far as storage).

wah!
Hate and distrust? I see nothing there that should bring you to that conclusion.

I have friends with crapcopters and I have also owned a few so I really feel for you there. Live and learn. Three things to know about ordering from China:

1. This stuff is coming on the slow boat from China and will be slow. Postal service from China has 2 speeds just like the wipers on my 1958 VW - slow and damn slow.
2. .Sometimes they use option 2, full economy service which cannot be tracked on a day to day basis, but only with proof of delivery. 5 to 27 (business) days is realistic, I have experienced 7 days to 45 actual (not business) days.
3. English is not their main language so what seems like a dumb answer is often just a poor translation. I think what they are saying above is that they have shipped it the cheapest (read slowest) way.

I don't have any connections to Feala nor any other Chinese vendor but what I can tell you is that if you are patient and fair with them, they will beable to supply you with parts that are very difficult or expensive to find anywhere else. And sometimes they screw up. When they do, be respectful and try to work around the language barrier for best results.

Feala has kept several crapcopters flying for us. Why we bother, though, is another question altogether.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:47 AM
Joined Nov 2012
12 Posts
Impatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Hate and distrust? I see nothing there that should bring you to that conclusion.

I have friends with crapcopters and I have also owned a few so I really feel for you there. Live and learn. Three things to know about ordering from China:

1. This stuff is coming on the slow boat from China and will be slow. Postal service from China has 2 speeds just like the wipers on my 1958 VW - slow and damn slow.
2. .Sometimes they use option 2, full economy service which cannot be tracked on a day to day basis, but only with proof of delivery. 5 to 27 (business) days is realistic, I have experienced 7 days to 45 actual (not business) days.
3. English is not their main language so what seems like a dumb answer is often just a poor translation. I think what they are saying above is that they have shipped it the cheapest (read slowest) way.

I don't have any connections to Feala nor any other Chinese vendor but what I can tell you is that if you are patient and fair with them, they will beable to supply you with parts that are very difficult or expensive to find anywhere else. And sometimes they screw up. When they do, be respectful and try to work around the language barrier for best results.

Feala has kept several crapcopters flying for us. Why we bother, though, is another question altogether.

regards . . . g
I'm not going to order from them again.
I appreciate your reply, but I got this from them yesterday:
"Hi,
For Chinese new year holiday, can not clear Custom. your parcel has been delayed, would you kindly help to wait for it one more week? thank you!
2013-03-02"

I'll find an American supplier of their parts; if I don't, I'm not wasting any more time on them anyway...the quad-copter guys were talking about in previous posts here is the way I'm going until I get deeper in the hobby.
Thanks!

ADDENDUMB: Well, it's been another 2 weeks, and today I notice an email slipped in that I failed to see, on March 13th, that reads thusly:
"Hi,

Would you kindly help to go to post office to check it using your shipping address? thank you!

Ship-to address - Confirmed
Mike Denney
1671 Morgantown Road
None
Bowling Green, KY 42101
United States
2013-03-13"

Which is made all the more maddening by the fact they've listed my shipping address perfectly and correctly, in it's entirety (just like they did on the shipping confirmation email).

Ridiculous. Basically, I sent them back something I regret already, basically telling them that 'if' they're going to ship to the U.S., they need to hire somebody who understands English, and that this, well, has been pretty ridiculous.

Worst of all, I realize that I spent too much time letting them...aherm...SCREW ME...(all caps intended--I am truly pissed here)...and now it's too late to file a claim with PayPal now (45 days, their machine is saying)...I'm waiting for them to answer anyway. Getting through to PayPal is just awful--even EBAY is easier to get through to a real person.

So, now I'm posting this hoping you guys will read it and understand why I've felt so WRONGED by this group. If you haven't gotten the idea already, I'm not made of money here, having to settle with this option anyway, so I'm gonna log off, cool down, and count that $38 as loooooonng gone.

I feel like Eric Cartman in the 'Scott Tenorman Must Die' episode, and it doesn't feel good.

Well, one thing learned--actually two: 1st, my girlfriend reminds me constantly that the best revenge is living well, and as it relates to this experience, I'm guessing that means part two of what I've learned--what you guys have tried to tell me all along--ENJOY the stuff, and buy some good equipment, as it's available--it's out there, and I just need to let ... this ... go.

Maybe save time and money on counseling, for one thing.
dammit (couldn't resist)
Last edited by mikedenney; Mar 19, 2013 at 11:47 AM. Reason: situation worsened, wanted to 'vent'
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:26 AM
Mexico, BC, Ensenada Municipality
Joined Feb 2013
328 Posts
Quote:
I'm not going to order from them again.
I appreciate your reply, but I got this from them yesterday:
"Hi,
For Chinese new year holiday, can not clear Custom. your parcel has been delayed, would you kindly help to wait for it one more week? thank you!
2013-03-02"
I'll find an American supplier of their parts; if I don't, I'm not wasting any more time on them anyway...the quad-copter guys were talking about in previous posts here is the way I'm going until I get deeper in the hobby.
Thanks!
Mike,
Why do you even bother so much with your old Heli?
Just get a new one, I would suggest the H995 or WL995 as others already have.
Perhaps you would be better off getting a Coaxial 4 channel first to learn the basics, maybe something like a nine eagles
http://www.wowhobbies.com/nineeagle3...icopter-2.aspx
As for Feala... I have bought from them several times, and I must say that they do carry parts for helicopters that cannot be found elsewhere. They are slow, but it will get there.
I might also suggest buying from Helipal, they have good prices and good customer service.
And do remember that you should be flying more than repairing... or at least aim for that.
Enjoy it!
Helifan.
Helifan Ensenada is offline Find More Posts by Helifan Ensenada
Old Mar 09, 2013, 04:38 PM
Joined Nov 2012
12 Posts
Hoarders...public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helifan Ensenada View Post
Mike,
Why do you even bother so much with your old Heli?
Just get a new one, I would suggest the H995 or WL995 as others already have.
Perhaps you would be better off getting a Coaxial 4 channel first to learn the basics, maybe something like a nine eagles
http://www.wowhobbies.com/nineeagle3...icopter-2.aspx
As for Feala... I have bought from them several times, and I must say that they do carry parts for helicopters that cannot be found elsewhere. They are slow, but it will get there.
I might also suggest buying from Helipal, they have good prices and good customer service.
And do remember that you should be flying more than repairing... or at least aim for that.
Enjoy it!
Helifan.
Gotcha...heard it already, though--like I replied higher up in this post, I'm getting a V929 ASAP.
As for 'why'? I hoard stuff, just can't throw it away, and I want working stuff laying around, not broken toys. Plus, I really have learned a lot more than if I hadn't posted all this stuff, from YOU GUYS!!!
Seriously, it's not been all bad...I'm really on the way to finally having the fun I owe myself...haven't killed off my inner child yet, guys, trust me.
Thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2013, 05:28 PM
Joined Nov 2012
12 Posts
It's Over! It's Over! It's O-ver

For those who don't know, that title to be read to the tune of the LoverBoy song.
Well...well...well.
I finally got my STINKING HELI PARTS TODAY!
and they don't look bad...but JAYZ! It took awhile, and [hold a minute]
just had to get a napkin to wipe all that humble pie off my face...
mmmm...mM! Good stuff, that humble pie...the parts from Feala.com arrived, I apologized to them for all my hell-raising, but I won't be ordering from them again (unless they open a storefront nearby, then I start practicing incognito better than Sherlock himself!).
10 weeks on that order...I'll buy EBAY before doing that again...real lessons learned, lessee: Don't buy from China anytime before their New Year (those guys must take that holiday seriously...what do they do, manufacture a bunch of clone-bots to 'man their stations', then go on a drunkier drunk than Ireland on St. Paddy's Day?)
regardless--NOW, I'm gonna buy that V929, and [sigh] someday, on to the AR2...I'm guessing I MIGHT have the funds within a year after they put out the AR3 (and one gets shot down by a drone...AM I RIGHT?!)
anyway, thanks for the 'input', guys, I'm gonna gestate over these parts (and likely fondle them while repeating 'My Precious' in spooky whispers).
Last edited by mikedenney; Mar 22, 2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: right-parenthesis
Old Mar 22, 2013, 05:31 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
What do they do? The country is closed. They don't do anything. It's pretty serious, we don't have anything like it.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Mar 22, 2013, 06:55 PM View Post
mikedenney
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Group attack). It is temporarily hidden while mikedenney edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Closed Thread