SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 28, 2014, 01:59 PM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,159 Posts
I should have said reinstalled. I had tried replacing it but reinstalled the original.
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2014, 08:44 AM
Joined Jan 2014
61 Posts
Last week, I was flying my D03 and it was fine on the first flight. I let it rest after the first batt for about 30 mins then flew it again. On the second flight, it acted weird. There was no air but the heli suddenly banked hard on the right at a low altitude like it was blown by a gust. I was able to recover from it and landed a bit hard. I checked on the heli and nothing seemed to be wrong with it so I flew it again. At about 20ft of hover, it banked hard again and I wasn't able to correct it so the blades hit pavement and broke. I also notice the tail servo holder (plastic) also broke.

Today, I picked up new parts. Two sets of main blades, main gears and a set of aluminum servo holders. I replaced what were needed and went for test flight. Upon spooling up, the entire heli was turning left and right (more on the right) so I didn't continue. To make sure, I removed the main blades and fired up the throttle. I noticed that the tail rotor servo was moving on its own once the throttle is moved up.

What could be the problem? Does it need servo replacement or is there something wrong with the receiver? Anybody had the same problem before?
Nicadraus is online now Find More Posts by Nicadraus
Old Aug 30, 2014, 03:06 PM
Ireland, Dublin, Dublin City
Joined May 2013
81 Posts
[QUOTE=Nicadraus;29311492]Last week, I was flying my D03 and it was fine on the first flight. I let it rest after the first batt for about 30 mins then flew it again. On the second flight, it acted weird. There was no air but the heli suddenly banked hard on the right at a low altitude like it was blown by a gust. I was able to recover from it and landed a bit hard. I checked on the heli and nothing seemed to be wrong with it so I flew it again. At about 20ft of hover, it banked hard again and I wasn't able to correct it so the blades hit pavement and broke. I also notice the tail servo holder (plastic) also broke.

Today, I picked up new parts. Two sets of main blades, main gears and a set of aluminum servo holders. I replaced what were needed and went for test flight. Upon spooling up, the entire heli was turning left and right (more on the right) so I didn't continue. To make sure, I removed the main blades and fired up the throttle. I noticed that the tail rotor servo was moving on its own once the throttle is moved up.

What could be the problem? Does it need servo replacement or is there something wrong with the receiver? Anybody had the same problem before?[/QUOTE a failing tail servo would explain it turning left and right but banking to the right would a cyclic servo be failing or the failing tail servo be interfering with the rest of servos signals
robert trebor is offline Find More Posts by robert trebor
Old Yesterday, 01:09 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Feb 2013
382 Posts
Ordered my D03 last Wednesday from miracle-mart and it arrived this morning.
Charging lipos now
Zaphod69 is online now Find More Posts by Zaphod69
Old Yesterday, 01:16 AM
MightyG
Joined Mar 2013
611 Posts
My V450D03 (aka Vikky) went down a while ago. I decided that instead of using the original OEM servos I was going to to resurrect her with alternatives... but now it seems her parts are finding new homes...

My HK-450GT now hosts the V450D03 main & tail gear assembly, motor & canopy

It's a real shame that so many (including myself) have had issues with the RX & servo's... the rest of the heli is really top notch.
MightyG is online now Find More Posts by MightyG
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing Ruby
Old Today, 02:00 AM
Joined Jan 2014
61 Posts
Mighty G,

I see you've replaced the rotor assembly with a new one with flybar. How does it perform compared to the original?
Nicadraus is online now Find More Posts by Nicadraus