HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:23 AM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,405 Posts
Discussion
Hot Melt Glue High- Med - Low Temp - Confusion?

I'm new to using hot melt glue on foam models.

I have an Arrow brand single temp hot melt gun and Arrow brand glue sticks that are labeled High/Dual/Low. I have been advised to use low temp glue on foam. Does that mean I need a low temp glue gun, are the glue sticks I have ok to use on foam or do I need special low temp glue sticks too.

Thank you!
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:18 AM
United States, PA, Beaver
Joined Sep 2001
3,511 Posts
Not sure exactly what you have there, but I use a dollar min glue gun from the local craft shop, and their dual temp glue sticks. It just barely melts the foam which actually helps it stick better. Also go easy on the glue... a little goes a long way, and adds a lot less weight.
FWIW, I mostly use FoamTac glue for foam now. It seems to weld the foam and forms a better more pliable joint than hot glue.
Try what you have on a scrap piece of foam.
rcav8r2 is offline Find More Posts by rcav8r2