HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2012, 04:27 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
I am posting this again...man these posts are being created fast

As I mentioned, I know the servo is at least partially working because it moves up when I bind it...from vertical to straight up.

Still nothing..just tried a few other times by turning on trasmitter first then heli...and vise versa..same result. Maybe my servo is bad..well that sucks..2nd day I've had this.
computerbreak is offline Find More Posts by computerbreak
Last edited by computerbreak; Jan 07, 2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: important update
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2012, 04:41 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,286 Posts
The buzzing is due to the servo being locked up. Perhaps it's getting faulty info from the TX, thinking it needs to go all the way up. What happens if you insert just the battery without the TX turned on?
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
computerbreak: I concur with Heli Pad. Just unscrew the center screw. Turn on both heli and transmitter. Let the servo center itself. Then screw back on the servo arm so it's 90 degrees.

Heli Pad: Time to get a V911. You've been pretty helpful on here. Have you seen the photos of the red edition HeliPal has up? You know it's pretty!

The V911 is going to be the better indoor flier. You already have a Turnigy 9x.

Billy and I are going to convince you once we get ours. LOL
That looks pretty good, and the blindfolded Chinese designer as actually managed to spell the name correctly this time. 'Copter as opposed to 'Corter.

Only around 3 days to wait and mine will be here.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Last edited by Username>; Jan 07, 2012 at 05:21 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:23 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
That looks pretty good, and the blindfolded Chinese designer as actually managed to spell the name correctly this time. 'Copter as opposed to 'Corter.
Guess that's an important upgrade with "Version 2" of the V911. LOL
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:30 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,286 Posts
I don't understand why they need to put the warnings on the blade. In the white blades above, it's so ugly. LOL

It's not like the Chinese market is going to be able to heed it's warning since it's written in "english."
Old Jan 07, 2012, 06:05 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
V911 Swas Plate Problem

This separation of the Swash Plate was mentioned by another owner earlier and when I read it at the time, I didn't understand what he was saying. Now I know. I've included a photo that shows what to look for. If you bird is hard to control, this is another thing to check (along with the other stuff). Since I'm new to this Heli world I had no idea. My V911 was flying so bad... more accurately trying to fly, that I was just going to start taking things apart and putting them back together. Figured there was nothing to lose since the darn thing wasn't working anyway. That's when I accidentally pushed these two pieces back together. After that, I decided to try and fly it and it was much, much better. It doesn't take much of a bump (soft crash) for these two pieces to separate so always check it. I still have some other, smaller issues (sometimes mild TBE other times major TBE) but I'm working to figure out how this thing works.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 07, 2012, 06:08 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,286 Posts
Interesting, since the swashplate separation is an mSR problem. The Solo Pro swashplate is always on solid. Never seen a separation on that heli. Wonder what changed between the clone versus original?
Old Jan 07, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
So, from what I have read on this thread, it seems that the metal head kit for the V911 to get is the RCX04-019 from myrcmart.com for $14.99 plus $4.00 shipping. The reson that I read is that this kit is lighter than the other metal kits and uses a hollow main shaft. I bit expensive though.

I saw some kits on ebay that looked like they were the same thing, and even had the hollow main shaft. They don't say however, if it's the RCX one or not.
However, they are less than $5.00 with roughly $3.00 shipping. Basically half the price of the kit from myrcmart.com

Both kits that I described are from China/Hong Kong.

Any suggestions?

I want the metal kit, nit just for bling, but more importantly for strength and durability. I have read of some having the stock plastic swash start separating after a few flights and there causing flight issues. It would seem that the metal swash would be more durable and would not separate.
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Jan 07, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Jan 2012
23 Posts
That is interesting, my guess is that it was a factory mistake. My heli has had some serious crashes and my swash plate has stayed connected. I've even tried to separate the two pieces before just to see how easy it was to do, but I was unable to do it.
sgnelson is offline Find More Posts by sgnelson
Old Jan 07, 2012, 06:33 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgnelson View Post
That is interesting, my guess is that it was a factory mistake. My heli has had some serious crashes and my swash plate has stayed connected. I've even tried to separate the two pieces before just to see how easy it was to do, but I was unable to do it.
Thanks interesting to know... it does sound like a factory defect then based on your observation. It does get old have to check and mash it back together even after a hard landing.
I ordered the eBay metal kit with the express reason to get that metal swash plate. I may use the other pieces but I'm mainly interested in getting that swash plate.

Oh, are there bearings inside of the stock swash plate... even when it separates I can't tell and I'm not ready to take it apart yet just to check. My old mind can't take in this new information at the rate that I need it to (having purchased my 1st Heli the week before Christmas).

If I could just get this V911 stable so that I could actually fly it rather then just fighting to get a decent hover. I did have one flight where it was stable (not sure why/how) and did do a few quick laps across the living room... stop on a dime and turn and back across. One good, exciting flight.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 07, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined Dec 2007
11 Posts
I would stick with plastic. So far I haven't needed it. I'm sure the plastic is lighter and more forgiving than metal.

I would say my v911 flies much better than my solo pro, but the flight time is not as good. It could be the batteries. The solo pro is a 150mah tested battery. I would guess these to be around 120-110.

FYI, I was able to fix the CORTER with a sharpie. Now it says "COPTER"
LOL.
supermac is offline Find More Posts by supermac
Old Jan 07, 2012, 07:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
@Ken.. What problems are you having, TBE?
This thread is moving at an alarming rate so i've not kept upto speed.

If you're suffering with TBE, try reaming the ball link holes very slightly or adding a tiny drop of silicon spray onto them. Some on the flybar pivots, too.

Before I got into these type of heli's and CP, I spent a fair amount of time with coax birds and often encountered terrible TBE and the problems were always related to free movement and the flybar.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 07:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermac View Post
I would stick with plastic. So far I haven't needed it. I'm sure the plastic is lighter and more forgiving than metal.

I would say my v911 flies much better than my solo pro, but the flight time is not as good. It could be the batteries. The solo pro is a 150mah tested battery. I would guess these to be around 120-110.

FYI, I was able to fix the CORTER with a sharpie. Now it says "COPTER"
LOL.
Nice one on the " Corter " problem. Lol.

What flight times are you fellas seeing now that these Lipos are broken in?
Old Jan 07, 2012, 08:20 PM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanado View Post
I finally got my V911, this one I bought from Tomtop at Ebay. The box was damaged by shipping (was not packaged properly) and the Canopy was cracked. The batteries front plastic took apart. I will contact the seller to see why it was shipped like that, Tomtop usually has a good customer service.

The heli and Tx are working, and after some difficulties binding, I think I found that the procedure is like the Solo Pro. I am not sure, but I think the throttle stick has like the SP a push button underneath - if so the procedure is this (I am not sure it will work for those whos their throttle is not zero):
1. Turn on the heli (put battery in).
2. Put the heli on a stable surface.
3. Move throttle stick all the way down.
4. Push inside the throttle stick.
5. While holding the throttle stick pushed, turn on the Tx.
6. Wait for the Tx to stop beeping.

For those which their throttle stick is not zero, check for mechanical issue in their Tx - my throttle stick can be moved all the way down (as the aileron/elevator stick).

I flew the heli indoors and outdoors and it is very nice and worth the price. Its speed is quite good and cyclics are very smooth. I didn't like the battery holder, the battery is not sliding nicely to it and each time there is a struggle. The Piro Rate is quite amazing and I still need to get used to it ( I am used to the Solo Pro). The heli seems to be quite noisy and gives the feeling of being inferior in quality than the SP - but it flies very nice and is quite durable (maybe even more than the SP).

The stock Tx is quite toy'ish and controls are too sensitive for rudder and throttle and less for cyclics. The SP stock Tx is definitely better in quality and options than the V911 stock Tx - but I am sure that the optional 9x upgrade will overcome all of the disadvantages (expo settings will provide a good sensitivity to all controls) and will be superior than the SP Tx, which can't be replaced by a programmed one. The biggest advantage of it on the SP is the Rx, which costs less then half of the SP Rx and I hope will last longer (SP Rx's are subject to a lot of malfunctions - servos stuck, transistors are burned, main chip are going crazy, bad wiring and soldering, cracks on PCB and more).

Batteries and chargers are cheap (price and quality), but do their work - I think upgrade is needed, because flight times and power are too short and dropping fast.
The battery is different than the SP, as they have knobs on the sides. If you wrap it with another holder, they won't fit (will be too wide). SP batteries can be used with a support underneath (as already been suggested, with zip tie or similiar solution) - I think that SP skids will be a better solution for it (just needs to find some durable ones).

I trimmed the heli (mechanical) for almost stable hover (I couldn't completely get rid of a forward drift) with Tx trims centered. When you mechanicly trim it, before changing the length of the servo rods, check if the servo arm is centered at 90 degrees to the servo metal rod - this will give you an identical throw to both directions of the servo movement (related to the circular movement of the servo arm). I still need to check my theory on a simple mod to increase the servos throw (posted on the begining of the thread).

I didn't have more problems with canopy or gormets besides being cracked on arrival (a new term - COA :-)). The canopy gormets looks tight, but if they'll get off, it will be hard to find them. I think the canopy is held quite good even without the gormets, but these gormets can be upgraded to Solo Pro gormets easily - which I think will make the heli less noisy.

For summary, this is a very nice heli with a great price for RTF and parts, it is upgradeble (Tx and SP upgrades), it flies quite good on stock form and is quite durable. There are some issues with binding, glued stuff, loosened parts - but they are minor, as all can be fixed in a low price. Furthermore, some big and good sellers like BangGood, MyRcMart, Tomtop, HeliPal, HobbyKing and more are selling these helis and parts so availability is good.

I hope that a BNF version (without Tx) will come out soon with a price tag of less than 30$ shipped - it will make these heli to be sold in thousands.
Aaron, you asked info for what can you do for parts and prices, this is the best - offer a BNF version without the Tx for less than 30$ shipped, or even without the charger, batteries, spares, beautiful box for less than 25$ shipped.
Hi,thank you and all the friends here,for your valuable suggestions.
personally,I do believe that the v911 is a very good flight,as I have one here.it flies flexible ,quite durable,and it's light.Even though,there are some who have encountered few problems about stable or others.I think it need spending a little time to get used to it.A good Adjustment about these trims and buttons all right is not very easy,especially when you first come to the 4CH heli world.On the other hand,perhaps there maybe something should be improved,
I will collect all the information together and pay more attention to it.
Thank you!
Aaron
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2012, 08:26 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
I've replaced my swash with the sp swash and it has no problems at all coping with crashes... it is lighter for those who don't want the extra weight but just as durable
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member