HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:51 AM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jan 2013
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppwf View Post
TGS Sport

Try a 6x4E TGS Sport Prop on 4 S 1600 mAh for better speed.
That would pull over 40 amps, right? The 2436 isn't rated for that. 5x5 on 4s would be pushing it.
gsking is offline Find More Posts by gsking
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2014, 05:11 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jan 2013
138 Posts
Can anyone recommend an Rx to use with the PNF version of the Radjet 800 please?

I'm getting a little lost on what type of connectors it needs to support and I have no idea how much room there will be to locate the Rx.

I need it to work with a DX6i.

I've been looking at the Orange Rx's at Hobbyking, could someone link to one that will be suitable. Also, is a 3 axis stabilisation one worth it on the Radjet, or is it stable enough? I know it lacks rudder, so don't know how affective 3 axis would be anyhow.

Thanks.
ChickenDrumstick is offline Find More Posts by ChickenDrumstick
Old Jun 26, 2014, 09:53 AM
United Kingdom, England, Worcester
Joined May 2010
739 Posts
I'd personally steer clear of OrangeRX, but I had a bad experience with the early batches, and have actually since moved away from Spektrum completely, but I hear the newer ones are better. I wouldn't bother with stabilization personally, they are pretty stable as is as long as you have CoG set perfectly!
Add1ct3dd is offline Find More Posts by Add1ct3dd
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:24 AM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,306 Posts
check out these receiv ers,I have taken out all my orange and spectrum and started using these,they have stabilizers also,and they work better than the 3 axis orange,and come in both dsm2 and dsmx versions

http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.p...te=common/home
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old Jun 26, 2014, 05:32 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oly_rcer View Post
check out these receiv ers,I have taken out all my orange and spectrum and started using these,they have stabilizers also,and they work better than the 3 axis orange,and come in both dsm2 and dsmx versions

http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.p...te=common/home
alot of members at my field have switch over to those . I was planning on switching over since I run most of my park flyers with orange box i had only one prolem with an orange box and it was the 9channle version . ,im going to stick with orange box ,since they just came out with a new version of the orange box , that are dsmx . so im going to try those instead . looks like orange box stepped up the game since lemon was taking over .
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Jun 26, 2014, 07:57 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,306 Posts
yep,it's good for us cause they get better and cheaper.Also lemon does have a 6ch dsmx receiver that has a sat hookup for 8.00,think 16 or 18 for rec w satAnd no I don't work for them,just really like their products
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old Jul 03, 2014, 06:21 PM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,085 Posts
Alright i am back on the RJ. Has anyone run a 2w20 yet? Also i had an old RJ with the red motor and the one that just arrived had a brown motor. Any comparisons done yet??
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Jul 03, 2014, 07:22 PM
Joined Jul 2012
27 Posts
Red verses brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx View Post
Alright i am back on the RJ. Has anyone run a 2w20 yet? Also i had an old RJ with the red motor and the one that just arrived had a brown motor. Any comparisons done yet??
My friend had a red on and me and another friend had the brown, about the same the red lasts longer . I had 2 RJ's both were A.P.O.S. Went with up grade motor, speed controller, then I got a Hadron. Wish I had put the money in a hadron earlier.
JustPlaneMike is offline Find More Posts by JustPlaneMike
Old Jul 04, 2014, 04:17 AM
United Kingdom, England, Worcester
Joined May 2010
739 Posts
Mine has a brown, but I switched out for a Turnigy 2200kv for more speed .
Add1ct3dd is offline Find More Posts by Add1ct3dd
Old Jul 04, 2014, 06:10 AM
FireHawx
Joined Oct 2011
1,085 Posts
Yeah i may drop a funfigher motor in there? Anyone done that yet?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 06:42 AM
Addicted to RC aircraft
United States, PA, Hazleton
Joined Jul 2002
350 Posts
Help keep RC Aviation from being regulated out of existence in the US!!!!!!!!!!
Here is where it is at!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2203154

ED~
edwinkania is offline Find More Posts by edwinkania
Old Jul 12, 2014, 09:19 PM
FireHawx
Joined Oct 2011
1,085 Posts
I have the standard 2826-2200kV on the way for the RJ. Plan on spinning a 5x5 on 4S. I forgot how my fun this one is around the park. I have started moving away for the larger 70/90mm edf lately and the RJ fits my needs/park size. My big field is about 30min away but i have a "park" almost in walking distance. I would liked to have dropped in a FF motor but they haven't been in stock so it's gonna have to wait. I just don't see the batt room for me to put a 2W20 on the RJ unless i wanna basically fly a lead pipe around with all that weight.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 04:10 AM
Germany, NDS, Wolfenbüttel
Joined Dec 2011
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsking View Post
That would pull over 40 amps, right? The 2436 isn't rated for that. 5x5 on 4s would be pushing it.
No. I measured a peak of 37 amps
The TGS Sport 6x4E gives 23 per cent more measured power than the APC 6x4E prop.

If you use the TGS Sport 6x4E instead of the APC 6x4E on the Radjet 800 with NTM 2836-2700kv or 3000kv on 4S you will get more speed.
ruppwf is offline Find More Posts by ruppwf
Last edited by ruppwf; Jul 21, 2014 at 04:16 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 09:37 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppwf View Post
No. I measured a peak of 37 amps
The TGS Sport 6x4E gives 23 per cent more measured power than the APC 6x4E prop.

If you use the TGS Sport 6x4E instead of the APC 6x4E on the Radjet 800 with NTM 2836-2700kv or 3000kv on 4S you will get more speed.
Where do you get the tgs sport prop?
goodhumormarc is online now Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
Old Aug 26, 2014, 01:20 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,994 Posts
HobbyKing sell TGS sport props but you will sometimes find them branded "EMS"
http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking...Propeller.html
Dr Kiwi (RC Groups motor guru) also concluded that the smaller TGS prop's out performed the APCe's
Andy
headlessagain is online now Find More Posts by headlessagain