HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:26 PM
Joined Jul 2012
8 Posts
noob here. The V4 is my second plane and should have been my first. I made the mistake of flying in too much wind the second time out and planted it hard nose first into the ground. I wrinkled the nose a little and ripped the inserts out of the foam where the wings attach. I installed magnets and plates where the wings connect and it feels rather solid. I took it out this evening and was able to get 30 minutes flying time with the 1300mAh battery. There were some wind at higher levels and i was able to shut down the motor and let her just hang there. It was awesome. What i have noticed about this plane:1 Tail heavy, i have the battery, BSC and Rx as far forward as possible, and i have still had to add weight to the nose to get it balanced at 71mm CG. 2nd issue, have to run full down trim to get it to fly level, even at 1/2 throttle. I adjusted the elevator so that it would be in the same position it was with full down trim while it neutral. I usually give it some up trim when hand launching, but with it reset, it nose dived twice. I set it back up to way it was, and it launched fine. Today i moved the control rod to the second from the end hole, and i still had to run it full down trim. im not sure if both problems are related, i think i will try a little more weight in the nose, or run a little larger battery. Other than that, its a great plane, fun to fly and very rugged.
mrwaug is offline Find More Posts by mrwaug
Last edited by mrwaug; Jul 11, 2012 at 10:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Jun 2012
37 Posts
MY second sky surfer

Hi guys , the sky surfer was my first rc plane. I think its an excellent choice for people how are beginners , easy to assemble, "shock resistant" , easy to fly and repair . When I bought my first sky surfer I got several spare parts ( you never now... ) I crashed several times but all were "repairable " so I decided to build a complete "new " sky surfer with my spare parts added a Propdrive 28-36 2200kv brushless motor a new ESC , and designed some decals and took the PDF archive to a plotter to print on vinyl adhesive paper ( US 10 ) . Hope to fly next weekend if the weather helps... too rainy and windy at Bogota ,Colombia , hope everything works ( do not know if its to muchKV motor )
Ciruplas is offline Find More Posts by Ciruplas
Old Aug 09, 2012, 04:30 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,001 Posts
Ok well here goes nothing... I had a Rocket motor on my Surfer for a while but the shaft broke and I can't for the life of me find another. So I got a little crazy. I put the motor from the Funfighters on there. It's a 1950kv little gem that is 4s capable. I flew it with an APC 6X5.5 prop on 3s and it was ok but still needed more RPM's to really be happy. Added a UBEC to my 40amp esc and will be running it on 4s today. Should be a blast and super light!! 4s 40c 1000mah packs going in first. Then I will get the 4s 25c 2200mah packs in there... Will post results....
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:58 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Hey ray...
Maidened mine cmpletely stock and went pretty well. Litlle tail heavy but it was still fun.. Any time anyday anywhere flyer
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:27 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
This thread still going awesome!!!
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
this thread is the oldest thread ever
lol
news is that the plane still flies great.. Hobbyking came up with abixler version 2 which is larger wingspan
this particular model went up to the latest version 4 with removable main wings and easy to acces motor mount..
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:14 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow1 View Post
This thread still going awesome!!!
Hee. Hee Hee. What a joke. this thread was obselete from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
this thread is the oldest thread ever
lol
That is hilarious. The "REAL" Sky surfer thread is here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post22452969 It has 1600% MORE posts than this wimpy little thread.!!!
Time made this thread useless. As if everyone stays in a stock configuration. Hah.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
we are still having fun AJ...
we even talked our family matters

btw I'm now making new main retract mounts for my flyfly mb339 and then there is the sky surfer installing 3 strips of lights that I got for peanuts from HK

then mayyybe mayyybe my first night flight
may I add.... recordeeeed ???
Old Aug 25, 2012, 07:11 AM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Hee. Hee Hee. What a joke. this thread was obselete from the start.

That is hilarious. The "REAL" Sky surfer thread is here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post22452969 It has 1600% MORE posts than this wimpy little thread.!!!
Time made this thread useless. As if everyone stays in a stock configuration. Hah.
AJ
Please forgive AJ he's been struggling with a small lifeless "dog" for sometime now!!! Maybe you should talk to your vet I hear they make pills that will breathe new life into an old dog won't make him any bigger but might make him more fun to play with.
Last edited by wow1; Aug 25, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Lol
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:02 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
pavcon - What the heck is going on with your "rule violations"- I saw your msg to admin. It seems that they must be p**s'd off for some reason. Anyhow, do whatever you have to so you can get back to posting again. Your posts are always appreciated even if they are in this "lifeless" thread. I won't be back here for a long while. So, post any replies you want to the "REAL SKY SURFER THREAD". See you there buddy.

AJ

BTW-I just got the BIG Sky Surfer today on my porch. I should have it together by the weekend for a maiden; with video, of course,
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
thanks AJ

it was actually just 1 guy.. I was frustrated . I was trying to help someone in a a thred that wa monitored by a user. HErb in particular.. I was posting suggestions about a powersystem and he was deleting them .. that was long ago.. then someone asked about servos.. I posted some suggestions that I believed they were better (no insulting) he kept deleting them so I called him "Hitler".. I WAS SO FRUSTRATED...
imagine typing something for more than 5 mins and he kept deleting my posts for no reason..
my mistake that I didn't fly and tried to help others
really I can't say more..
It was my mistake that I didn't stopped and tried to help some poor guys but this forum doesn't really help ppl in threads monitored by users who keep having their OWN rules.. and not the forum rules.

Thanks for the support there buddy
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I just appealed with this post and I hope I get my privilages abck and be able to help and get help from other ppl..
I just hope it goes well...
it's really a shame that some ppl are acting against the FORUM CAUSE OF EXISTANCE ...really..

Appeal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the problem is I dont have a direct link to my posts as they have been deleted as soon as they were posted.. so the posts do not exist from the momment of creation
the link to the deleted post was this one http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?p=22868656
further more (I know I can't appeal for 2 at a time bu it just explains the situation)

there was another post which I though it was not posted because the first was deleted which I also received a warning and it's this one
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?p=22868682

saying the same thing

well in that thread I was posting some suggestions for other users as concern servos and oher technical stuff. there were no arguments in the posts. just normal chat. This guy comes and deletes my posts for no reason.. no reason at all.. there was no insulting whatsever .. just opinions and hat I did with my plane..

he kept deleting every single post I was posting.. no reason no violatios of anything..no insulting... no nothing..
and I got really frustrated... and I posted the posts that were also immediatedly deleted.. 2 days later i get these reportings..
it's frustrating how anybody canmake his or her own rules in here and delete posts that are not violating anything but on the other hadn they ittend to help other hobbyists on their projects.

yes .. I got frustrated and I admit that.. but he (Herb) caused this..

Ibelieve that none of my posts had to be awarded warnings or points
1st because they were deleted and they do not exists.. so how can I be punished by something that does not exists and evidenly there is nothing...
how can normal posts without any violations be deleted so no rules are applied for thaose good posts and for something that is considered a violating post can be given penalty points???

that means rules are applied selectively for some users.. this guy did the same thing to Extreme_RC.. and he doesn't even know me or him.

the other reason that I believe I shouldn't be given ANY points in ANY of the three reported posts (that as a reminder they literally never existed and they are in a selectively rule applied thread) is that they are general reports and do not TARGET ANYONE IN PARTICULAR...
it's like saying.. "well it stinks in here" and the guy who hadn't taken a bath reports you
sounds a bit funny to me...

I believe that ALL 9 points should be removed from me.. all I had is good inentions to help some users and I had this guy deleting all the helping posts for no reason..

how are the users protected from him anyway? he's acting against this forum which helps ppl all over the world and with his behaviour ppl don't get the help they need or deserve..
it's a pity..
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:45 AM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Hey charging up batteries going to start flying the old Sky Surfer again!!! Pavcon I know you've been on these threads forever must be a mistake.
Old Feb 02, 2014, 07:51 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Just ordered up the Super Sky Surfer, will be flying it bone stock!!! Looks like it already shipped can't wait!
Last edited by wow1; Feb 02, 2014 at 07:56 PM.