SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:41 AM
SUCK LESS
United States, IL, Lombard
Joined May 2009
3,613 Posts
Good idea with the lens ... I like it.

A lot of 'high intensity' LEDS just focus the available energy output into a narrow viewing angle, which works great if you're directly in front of them. There there's those 3W parts, that are big, and require heat sinks, but they sure are bright. I've got bags of various sample LEDs here too .... most of which are useless.

The good thing is LED technology is advancing pretty quickly these days .... Actually, the holiday decoration industry may end up helping me out - they've obviously been down this same path and have formed a cone shaped indentation at the tip of the LED which helps reflect/disperse the light out the sides ... this may just work, if I can find some white ones too ...
FR4-Pilot is online now Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Nov 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts