SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Jan 2008
5 Posts
Help!
First hexacopter battery help!!

Hi first time on here so don't know if I'm in the wright place. I'm just getting into hexacopters and don't know a great deal about them. I just ordered a cheap one. http://www.goodluckbuy.com/kk-mk-mul...ter-650mm.html . I know it's probably rubbish but didn't want to spend much to practice with. My question is what battery would be best suited to this hex? Once again sorry if I'm in the wrong place. Thanks!
ash123 is offline Find More Posts by ash123
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:47 PM
Out of helis, sanity returning
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Feb 2009
2,146 Posts
There are ways to calculate this, but a rough guess would be between 3000 and 5000 mah, 3s, 30c or 40c.

Flight times will probably be less than 10 minutes, and a lot will depend on what size props you use and what the overall weight of the machine is. Someone will probably pop up with eCalc and give you a better estimate.

By the way, you don't exactly say what your experience level is, but if you are just beginning with multirotors, a quad would be a better bet. Hexas are specialized machines, are not much used for sport flying, and are not all that good to learn on. Just a suggestion.
2400RDR is online now Find More Posts by 2400RDR
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:02 PM
Joined Jan 2008
5 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry my flying experience is limited I have done a bit of flying with esky beltcp heli and a couple of month with a wl toys 929 ladybird I know this is really a toy but ive been bitten by the bug literally and it's ok to learn the basics I think. Thanks for the info on battery's I suppose I need to know the weight of the hex? I will have to check when it arrives . Thanks!
ash123 is offline Find More Posts by ash123