HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined May 2010
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
Quick question...

I'm going to be setting up two of my helicopters (Goblin 700 and Bergen 44 turbine) running Vbar with Jeti.

My plan was rather than run full size receivers to run one RSAT2 (full range) on each heli and pipe the PPM signal directly into the Vbar. This will work, correct?

Second question: I'm going to be running a voltage/current sensor on each heli. Does the RSAT2 have one available port for a telemetry sensor to connect to? I believe it does but I want to verify.

If there is a better approach to all this please let me know now so I order the right components; I already have the radio and 2 RSAT2's on order.

Esprit, on your webpage there's a note that says the RSAT2 is not FCC approved; is approval pending on that particular receiver? I'd much prefer to run the smaller RSAT2 instead of having to run a larger R9 or similar on my helis; Vbar only needs the single line PPM input so the RSAT2 would be the smallest/cleanest installation. If the RSAT2 isn't going to be available in the USA please let me know so I can change my order!
1) Yes you can run just RSat as full range receiver. (For US we will have R5 or R5i as Auxiliary Receiver).

2) Every receiver has EXT port for telemetry

3) No, you pick the best. Danny is using same setup on his Henseleit TDR

4) As mentioned in 1)

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:51 PM
Slovenia
Joined Jan 2009
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
1) System hops all the time.

2) Because Jeti makes RF modules for wide range of different radios.

Zb/Esprit Model
I am not aware of any Jeti TX module nor Transmitter (DC-16,DS-16) that has more then 16 channels. So I assume that you can use R18 as regular 16 ch receiver. For additional 2 channels you can chose to connect additional 2 servos and activate them with mixers on receiver itself. Or, you can dedicate them for PPM in/out communication with other PPM aware equipment.

Esprit please elaborate
alfasud is offline Find More Posts by alfasud
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined May 2008
204 Posts
Quote:
1) Yes you can run just RSat as full range receiver. (For US we will have R5 or R5i as Auxiliary Receiver).

2) Every receiver has EXT port for telemetry

3) No, you pick the best. Danny is using same setup on his Henseleit TDR

4) As mentioned in 1)

Zb/Esprit Model
Based on comment #1 I take it the RSAT2 is not going to be FCC approved and I need to call in and change my order from 2 RSAT2s to something that is US approved (R5 or R9.) Correct?

I really want to get everything ordered in advance so when the FCC says "go" and you can begin shipping the Jeti stuff to US customers that I will receive everything I need in one shipment.
Kiba is offline Find More Posts by Kiba
Last edited by Kiba; Nov 15, 2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined May 2010
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
Based on comment #1 I take it the RSAT2 is not going to be FCC approved and I need to call in and change my order from 2 RSAT2s to something that is US approved (R5 or R9.) Correct?

I really want to get everything ordered in advance so when the FCC says "go" and you can begin shipping the Jeti stuff to US customers that I will receive everything I need in one shipment.
We have huge shipment of FCC certified receivers and radios already ready. As soon as FCC says go, we will pull all orders and swap equipment. Do not worry we will take care of you.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:19 AM
Russian Federation, Moscow, g. Moskva
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
When MULI6s EX sensor connection all display texts on Czech language, but in system setup English. I think, it's fault...
OldManY is offline Find More Posts by OldManY
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:34 AM
"Fly"Fisherman
Guntersville, AL
Joined Jun 2004
741 Posts
Is the Jeti system bluetooth capable? I'm wondering if it will communicate to an external earbud for voice telemetry. If not, how about cable jack?
Asher Carmichael is online now Find More Posts by Asher Carmichael
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:42 AM
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Carmichael View Post
...If not, how about cable jack?
I think - not ... but audio-cable jack input present on front panel.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:37 PM
Slovenia
Joined Jan 2009
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManY View Post
When MULI6s EX sensor connection all display texts on Czech language, but in system setup English. I think, it's fault...
I think that this depends on implementation FW of sensor . According to published EX telemetry protocol, sensor can send binary and text data to TX. For example, I have UniSens-E module (http://www.sm-modellbau.de/shop/prod...4cb2290fd52c78) and all my telemetry labels on DC-16 screen are in German language.

EX protocol doc.: http://www.jetimodel.com/data_downlo...rotocol_en.pdf
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:45 PM
UK
Joined Nov 2002
1,673 Posts
Question about servo speed control. Manual says speed control is available for likes of retract and door sequencing. But what if I want the flaps slowed and have flap to elevator mixing for the elevator trim? Is the speed control applied at the flap control level in which case the elevator mix will also be slowed which is what I want, or is the slowing applied at the individual flap servo level in which case the elevator mix will come in instantly which is not what I want?
thanks
H.
HarryC is offline Find More Posts by HarryC
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:00 PM
Slovenia
Joined Jan 2009
63 Posts
I think that "wildpalms" already wrote about this.
Go to Fine Tuning ->Function Curves. For the function Flaps use -Delay/+Delay. Then set mixer Flaps->Elevator and elevator should follow flaps speed.
Do not delay individual servos. You can use curve of Function Flap to make nonlinear speed across flaps and elevator travel. Very scale like fancy effect
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:36 PM
UK
Joined Nov 2002
1,673 Posts
Thanks alfa.
Next Q. On my mpx4000 I can delay a mix for example throttle to elevator trim mix alone can be slowed, without slowing the throttle or the elevator. Can the jeti do that?

Next Q. I have read the bits in the manual about logical switches but without a tx to play with it isn't clear. Can the jeti replicate this program from my 4000 - for the brake parachute, the switch to open the chute only works if the throttle is idle, and wheels are down and a further "arming" switch has been put to the on position.

Next Q. Can I disable servos such as wheel brake when the retract switch is up?
HarryC is offline Find More Posts by HarryC
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:23 AM
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
About manual for Jeti Mezon was written 7.10.12 :

Quote:
...The reson for manual is simple, we were in process of finishing last software and hardware upgrades.
Manual will be out in next 1-2 weeks just in time for next batch of ESCs....

Zb/Esprit Model

In mean time here is the programing video...
Today 17.11.12. And so?
Thanks for video, but the difficult device without any(!) documentation - nonsense....
Last edited by OldManY; Nov 17, 2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Sep 2009
47 Posts
Unfortunately, I couldn't receive and display actual data from the sensors of ESC Mezon in the menu Sensors/Alarms, sensors display actual data only in the JetiBox Emulator menu. Possibly it correctly. However I expected to receive from telemetry other functionality and possibilities.

More questions than answers...
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:42 AM
Joined Dec 2004
20 Posts
Hi,
Quote:
Please let us correct the “Antennagate” crisis. After talking to Jeti head engineer, the fully functional radio we have here is only for software and hardware evaluation. The design is 99% finishes but antennas are still being decided. Jeti guys would like to have 90 degree angle for best signal strength, we would like to have integrated antenna/handle option. All will be decided this week.

Zb/Esprit Model
any news about the "Antennagate" crisis? Is there any change in the positioning of the "external" antenna?

Thanks
Peter
pstoehr1964 is offline Find More Posts by pstoehr1964
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:19 PM
Sweden, Sundsvall
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManY View Post
Unfortunately, I couldn't receive and display actual data from the sensors of ESC Mezon in the menu Sensors/Alarms, sensors display actual data only in the JetiBox Emulator menu.
+1

I hooked my Mezon 130 up for the first time today and the telemetry is only visible in emulator screen on my DC16 with 1.06 FW and my Profibox. This is probably because there is no "profile" for the Mezon in the TX or PB yet, but it sure would be nice if an update was released soon ....

Is there a timetable for this?
FeffeSvl is offline Find More Posts by FeffeSvl