SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2014, 02:23 AM
South Africa, EC, Port Elizabeth
Joined Oct 2012
239 Posts
New Recruit

I recently introduced a friend to the joys of RC model building with correx and the bug seems to have bitten! Tjeerd (a qualified pilot) has built two planes already, a Spitfire slope plane and a Piper Cub powered model from one of my plans. We maidened the Cub this week at a local field and it just needs a little trimming to improve the flying characteristics but should be a nice gentle flyer to learn on. It's already survived a rough landing in a neighbour's garden after the battery ran out! Correx once again proves to be tough, quick and easy to build and very cost effective! I still need to introduce him to the joys of slope soaring in the near future...
TrevorJS is offline Find More Posts by TrevorJS
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2014, 04:47 AM
.....till the wind drops.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,656 Posts
Nice one TJS!!.........Tjeerd has all he needs!!
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Old Dec 18, 2014, 04:48 AM
South Africa, EC, Port Elizabeth
Joined Oct 2012
239 Posts
Pilatus PC9 Maiden Flight

I flew the powered Pilatus this week a few times and have get the controls and CG sorted out nicely. The video shows the initial flights when the model was very twitchy. Now it flies really smooth and looks really graceful in the air. Now I feel like I need more power to make full use of its flying characteristics! A slightly longer front undercarriage may help prevent the prop from trimming the grass...

PC9 Maiden Flight (1 min 5 sec)
TrevorJS is offline Find More Posts by TrevorJS
Old Dec 19, 2014, 01:14 AM
I'd rather be out sloping...
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Jan 2011
1,410 Posts
Cool!! Looks great! Well done!
Jak35 is offline Find More Posts by Jak35
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2014, 04:35 AM
Warbirds Lover