SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:00 PM
Joined Jun 2014
70 Posts
Help!
DX9 mixing switch with knob for gimbal

I am quite new to programming TX's so explain slowly.
I have a T-2D gimbal that I would like to control with the knob and a 3 way switch. I have the knob controlling the pitch (Looking up and looking down). This is working great. Now I would like to mix in a 3 way switch as so I can use the (0) knob control, (1) point straight ahead (2) point down. Regardless of the knob position. Like an over ride if you will.
I hope I explained it enough.
My setup is:
Naza M V2.
Spektrum AR9020. (I have the gimbal connected to the receiver for control)

Thanks for any assistance.
headviking is offline Find More Posts by headviking
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2015, 06:29 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
25,471 Posts
What you would do is in the "NEXT" screen of the Channel Assignment Menu is make sure you have no Input assigned to your Gimbal Tilt Channel....

Now Create a KNOB > Gimbal Tilt channel with 100% rates and for the switch selection assign the Switch you want to use to control the function you want. Make sure the Pos.0 is darken.

Then create a second mix using the Switch you just selected Sw.X for example to Gimbal Tilt Channel with the rates required so that your tilt is where you want it and in the switch selection select the same switch but this time make sure you darken the proper Pos1 and 2....

I have this mixing already on my radio for my setup and could give you more details when I get home this afternoon IF YOU NEED IT...
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 26, 2015, 05:25 PM
Joined Jun 2014
70 Posts
Having some trouble with the set up of the 3 way switch and knob mixing for my gimbal control. In a ideal situation I would like the swith to have two points of direction (control).
{switch E}
- (0) no action (Know control)
- (1) level gimbal
- (2) 90 deg down.

Can't get it right. Any help please
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2015, 08:07 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
25,471 Posts
So you want

Sw.E Pos.0 - Knob controls tilt
Sw.E Pos1 - level or front looking
Sw.E Pos2 - 90 deg. Down

What is not working out from what I suggested?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 08:24 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
25,471 Posts
On a blank default model the Knob is assigned to Aux3 so my example will be based on this.

Start by Inhibiting its current input, access the "NEXT" screen of the Channel Assign Menu. In the Channel Input Config menu inhibit the Aux3: RKnb (Aux3: Inh).

Now create your required mixing.
Mix#
Rkn>Aux3
Rate: 100% 100%
Offset: 0%
Switch: Sw. E
Darken position 0

This takes care of the knob controlling the tilt with switch E in Pos.0
Now setup your down position.

Mix#
On>Aux3
Rate: 100% 0% or what ever the rate values and either + or - that results in tilt down
Offset: 0
Switch: Sw.E
Now darken Swich Pos.2

Repeat the above mix but use a value that positions the tilt looking forward or angle you want and darken switch Pos.1

So now you should have Switch. E Pos. 0 knob controls tilt, Sw. E Pos1 looking forward and Sw. E Pos2 looking down all regardless where knob is positioned.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 09:16 PM
Joined Jun 2014
70 Posts
I got a 2 wat switch to work. Switch position (0) knob is used, (1) gimbal positions the camera straight ahead. (over rides the knob position).
But I would like to do is have a 3 way switch (0) knob in use, (1) straight ahead, (2) straight down. The switch (1) and (2) would over ride the knob position. The (0) would give the knob use of the gimbal.
I am still working on it.

edit
didnt see your reply
Thanks
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:20 PM
Joined Jun 2014
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
On a blank default model the Knob is assigned to Aux3 so my example will be based on this.

Start by Inhibiting its current input, access the "NEXT" screen of the Channel Assign Menu. In the Channel Input Config menu inhibit the Aux3: RKnb (Aux3: Inh).

Now create your required mixing.
Mix#
Rkn>Aux3
Rate: 100% 100%
Offset: 0%
Switch: Sw. E
Darken position 0
Work great

This takes care of the knob controlling the tilt with switch E in Pos.0
Now setup your down position.

Mix#
On>Aux3
Rate: 100% 0% or what ever the rate values and either + or - that results in tilt down
Offset: 0
Switch: Sw.E
Now darken Swich Pos.2
Works great
Repeat the above mix but use a value that positions the tilt looking forward or angle you want and darken switch Pos.1
Can't get Pos 1 working
So now you should have Switch. E Pos. 0 knob controls tilt, Sw. E Pos1 looking forward and Sw. E Pos2 looking down all regardless where knob is positioned.
Thanks for the assistance.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 06:25 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
25,471 Posts
Technically it should work BUT the thing is you need to make the RIGHT adjustments to the Values to get it moving.

For Position one you would use different value that you used for creating the mix that looks down.. When you said "can't get pos.1 working what do you mean????

PS: I notice you posted in one of my YouTube videos asking the same thing.
Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM
Joined Jun 2014
70 Posts
Free chip didn't realize that was you. Nice informative video's.

I am having trouble cancelling the Rknob. like in pos 2 (switch), I'll give it some more thought and play with the settings some more. I know it will end up something simple, but need to find out the simple thing.

Thanks
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by headviking; Yesterday at 11:07 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
25,471 Posts
You shouldn't need to CANCEL the knob since the KNOB>AUX mix should ONLY be active in Pos.0 when you darken ONLY position 0

Sorry for my drawing skillz or lack of.