SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2014, 11:06 AM
AMA member since May 2013
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined May 2013
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paparozzi View Post
any one here managed to link DSM2 satellites to the A2 cannot get the assistant to work, sats bind ok
I fly with 2 DSM2 sat receivers and it works fine with my DX9.
You can bind but what is wrong in the assistant? Can't calibrate or ??
Supreme Balloon is offline Find More Posts by Supreme Balloon
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2014, 02:45 AM
Joined Nov 2014
6 Posts
Yes that is the problem cannot calibrate, there is no function when i try to map the channels. in basic rc dsm2 is also checked and tried binding several times, radio and sats always bind, solid green on controller and solid sats, also rc status in assistant is normal and disconnects when radio is off, using assistant v1.4 and all components updated, i have tried several sats, could be that my sats are some older version?
paparozzi is offline Find More Posts by paparozzi
Old Dec 09, 2014, 11:12 AM
Joined May 2013
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paparozzi View Post
Yes that is the problem cannot calibrate, there is no function when i try to map the channels. in basic rc dsm2 is also checked and tried binding several times, radio and sats always bind, solid green on controller and solid sats, also rc status in assistant is normal and disconnects when radio is off, using assistant v1.4 and all components updated, i have tried several sats, could be that my sats are some older version?
That is odd - if the LED in the DSM2 sats are solid, and the LED on the A2 receiver is solid green, then you should be able to open up the CHANNEL mapping and set things up. I am not sure if there is an older version of the DSM2 sats, they are all "older" tech, never understood why we don't use DSMX.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2015, 08:34 AM
DJI S900, GH4, LB
Joined Feb 2015
3 Posts
A2 2.4 and IOSD 3.02

Hello,

I have some problems with A2 controller, but I think, I can solve it

But I can`t understand, why I can`t read logs from IOSD? I Use 3.02 firmware, and see only first milliseconds of record. Files on IOSD without date/time attributes.
File sizes is about 60 Mb per fly.

Are any have this Issue?

Also I does not know, where is center of IMU? Through experimentation, I found that it is closer to the opposite side of the wire. About -2 cm. ( I tried to install in a variety of ways. Right side, left side and forward. And always had to amend -2cm ).
GPS also need to install with angle offset. In my city (St. Petersburg, RU) it is about 12 degrees. Without offset, my S900 flight not stright, and GH4 gimbal make wrong roll move, while i fly forward.
A.Zenkov is offline Find More Posts by A.Zenkov
Last edited by A.Zenkov; Feb 17, 2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 01:01 PM
Joined May 2013
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Zenkov View Post
Hello,

I have some problems with A2 controller, but I think, I can solve it

But I can`t understand, why I can`t read logs from IOSD? I Use 3.02 firmware, and see only first milliseconds of record. Files on IOSD without date/time attributes.
File sizes is about 60 Mb per fly.

Are any have this Issue?
Yes, it is a known bug.
Also I does not know, where is center of IMU? Through experimentation, I found that it is closer to the opposite side of the wire. About -2 cm. ( I tried to install in a variety of ways. Right side, left side and forward. And always had to amend -2cm ).
GPS also need to install with angle offset. In my city (St. Petersburg, RU) it is about 12 degrees. Without offset, my S900 flight not stright, and GH4 gimbal make wrong roll move, while i fly forward.
I don't have an issue with IMU centering, but I do fly with my GPS rotated -14, which matches the mag dec. for northern California.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2015, 04:03 AM
DJI S900, GH4, LB
Joined Feb 2015
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Balloon View Post
I don't have an issue with IMU centering, but I do fly with my GPS rotated -14, which matches the mag dec. for northern California.
Sorry, are it affected to camera gimbal? I mean, if you put GPS/Compass stright to copter, and fly forward - roll of camera is changed. I have this relation.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 07:58 AM
United States, NY, Babylon
Joined Sep 2014
55 Posts
data logging no longer works with the iosdmkII and A2 , DJI knows it and doesn't seem to care. Support seems to have abandoned the A2. Data logging is so important
jcapie is offline Find More Posts by jcapie
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:13 AM
Joined May 2013
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Zenkov View Post
Sorry, are it affected to camera gimbal? I mean, if you put GPS/Compass stright to copter, and fly forward - roll of camera is changed. I have this relation.
I don't know, I have an old H3-2D.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:29 AM
Gravity Sucks!
Castle Rock, CO
Joined Aug 2008
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcapie View Post
data logging no longer works with the iosdmkII and A2 , DJI knows it and doesn't seem to care. Support seems to have abandoned the A2. Data logging is so important
This is so dissapointing
smarks is offline Find More Posts by smarks
Old Feb 18, 2015, 08:58 PM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
1,107 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the dreaded white led flashes I am getting are normal? Occasionally I get 12-15 while led flashes all in a row, not 3 flashes intermittently. Seems to only happen after a rotation of 120 degrees or more. Cheers!
isaacintheclouds is online now Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:57 PM
Joined May 2013
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacintheclouds View Post
Can anyone tell me if the dreaded white led flashes I am getting are normal? Occasionally I get 12-15 while led flashes all in a row, not 3 flashes intermittently. Seems to only happen after a rotation of 120 degrees or more. Cheers!
The only long series of flashes I know of are 20 for IOC modes, purple, light blue, and green. If you are not getting locked due to a system error, then I'd suspect you're seeing one of those.

Do your sunglasses change the color of the LED?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:44 AM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Balloon View Post
The only long series of flashes I know of are 20 for IOC modes, purple, light blue, and green. If you are not getting locked due to a system error, then I'd suspect you're seeing one of those.

Do your sunglasses change the color of the LED?
Wasn't wearing sunglasses. IOC is turned off. In the guide it says it is normal to get error blinks after turning around, but it doesn't specify what color or how many flashes. It doesn't change how it flies as far as I can tell. It has even done it while I am carrying the ship around, so I doubt it is due to vibrations. I suppose it can be hard to tell if they are blue or white though too. Is it supposed to flash light blue then intermittent purple when you return to within 8 meters of home point, or just the intermittent purple?
isaacintheclouds is online now Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:05 PM
Joined May 2014
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcapie View Post
Starting from which firmware version does it not work?
hriisikamp is offline Find More Posts by hriisikamp
Old Feb 19, 2015, 01:30 PM
Joined May 2013
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hriisikamp View Post
Starting from which firmware version does it not work?
Nov 14th release - 2.4 m1. I'm not sure which of the components caused the problem, there were a number of updates done in that batch.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2015, 05:27 AM
DJI S900, GH4, LB
Joined Feb 2015
3 Posts
Today strange day (

I was want to downgrade A2 controller to 2.3 firmware, but at morning fly some, and can`t calibrate compass for 2 times. Just only at 3-rd power on, calibration was done.

And at night I want to check some with GS as tool. And I see the folowing picture.

A2 Compass problem (1 min 32 sec)

What this? How solve it? A2 is broken!!!

SOLVED AFTER 5 fail compass calibration
Last edited by A.Zenkov; Feb 21, 2015 at 02:13 PM.