HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2015, 06:36 AM
Joined Jul 2010
313 Posts
Thanks for the bug correction I didnt notice that issue.

I will create a repository on github, so if anyone is interested, can fork the code from there.

Happy new year!
patolin is offline Find More Posts by patolin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2015, 04:27 AM
Joined Dec 2014
20 Posts
Hey can i possibly use a turnigy 9x module with this? I have one spare when i changed my 9x to frsky module.

Btw is the first post information all up to date?
TooManySecrets is offline Find More Posts by TooManySecrets
Old Jan 09, 2015, 06:02 AM
Joined Jul 2010
313 Posts
Sure, ir tour module accepts ppm input, can be driven by an arduino and this code.
Old Jan 09, 2015, 07:46 AM
Joined Dec 2014
20 Posts
Would you possibly write down a bill od materials to make this thing.
TooManySecrets is offline Find More Posts by TooManySecrets
Last edited by TooManySecrets; Jan 09, 2015 at 07:59 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:28 AM
Joined Jul 2010
313 Posts
Sure, let me finish some assignments that I have here, and later this week I will update the first post, with the corrections added to the code, and a BOM.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:29 PM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Oct 2010
21 Posts
I have been reading this for a while now. I have put this all together on the breadboard. After uploading the sketch to my pro mini, all i get on the lcd is a black solid box. I tested the lcd with code that sparkfun had listed as a demo code and the lcd works flawless. I dont have the menu nav buttons connected yet. Could that be the cause of the lcd not dispaying correctly?

On a side note, i was reading over the code nkw that it is in english. I noticed that model memory is stored in the eeprom. What about writing this to a sd card to increase the amount of models to be stored. I have a sd breakout also from sparkfun https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12941

It looks like it would be able to use some of the unused pins on the pro mini
sir_crash_alot is offline Find More Posts by sir_crash_alot
Old Jan 13, 2015, 04:34 AM
Joined Jul 2010
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_crash_alot View Post
I have been reading this for a while now. I have put this all together on the breadboard. After uploading the sketch to my pro mini, all i get on the lcd is a black solid box. I tested the lcd with code that sparkfun had listed as a demo code and the lcd works flawless. I dont have the menu nav buttons connected yet. Could that be the cause of the lcd not dispaying correctly?

On a side note, i was reading over the code nkw that it is in english. I noticed that model memory is stored in the eeprom. What about writing this to a sd card to increase the amount of models to be stored. I have a sd breakout also from sparkfun https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12941

It looks like it would be able to use some of the unused pins on the pro mini
I got an issue at the beggining, because in my LCD, the pins were reversed (I almost blow up the display ) can you please check the pins on your breadboard? Take note that Im not using the standard pins that the lcd library recommends
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:24 AM
Joined Oct 2010
21 Posts
Thats what i noticed. Im at work right now but i will check later tonight. I went by the schematic in the first post. This is the nokia lcd I am using. It is the 5110.
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials...d-hookup-guide
Old Jan 17, 2015, 06:50 PM
Joined Oct 2010
21 Posts
what lines in the sketch would i need to change to make the lcd work with pins 7 and 6 of the lcd going to 13 and 11 of the arduino.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 09:42 PM
Joined Oct 2010
21 Posts
I figured out how to change the LCD pins on the pro mini. I am looking at adding SD support to it to store model memory plus to add a music player. I like how some of the newer Tx have mp3 players built in.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 09:59 PM
Joined Oct 2010
21 Posts
I added a low battery alarm for those that fly FPV just need to work out the low battery threshold. Also added PWM output to drive the backlight better. Tied the backlight into the low battery alarm to dim when alarm is sounded. Just connect a piezo speaker to pin 6 and pin 5 drives a 3904 transistor for the backlight

Here are the lines I added

const int blPin = 5; //lcd backlight pin 8 PWM control
const int alarmPin = 6; //low battery alarm

Original

// batery Voltage
myGLCD.print("Bat: ", 45, 33);
int voltageBat=map(vBat,0,1023,0,100);
myGLCD.print(String(voltageBat), 65, 33);
myGLCD.print("%", 75, 33);

Added

//low battery alarm
if (voltageBat<10)loop();{
tone(alarmPin, 2000);
analogWrite(blPin, 50);
myGLCD.print("Land Soon and Charge Battery!", 0,0);
Last edited by sir_crash_alot; Jan 20, 2015 at 10:13 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 09:13 PM
Joined Oct 2010
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patolin View Post
I got an issue at the beggining, because in my LCD, the pins were reversed (I almost blow up the display ) can you please check the pins on your breadboard? Take note that Im not using the standard pins that the lcd library recommends
How are the pins labeled on your LCD. The one I have from sparkfun will not work with any of the examples in the library. The only example I have been able to get it to work with is the example from sparkfun. Where did you get your lcd?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 08:37 PM
Joined Oct 2010
21 Posts
I discovered the issue with my lcd. The nokia 5110 from sparfun.com only works with one specific library.

I gave in and bought a Turnigy 9XR Pro, but I will keep playing with this.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 08:58 PM
Joined Feb 2015
1 Posts
Dear @ patolin !
Now, I had module NRF 24l01-PA-LNA. how to conect with TX.
duongvanluong12 is online now Find More Posts by duongvanluong12
Old Today, 10:09 AM
Joined Jan 2014
2 Posts
Hello, thanks for the project!
Some time ago I spent my grandson a Hubsan X4, now I wanna build him a proper transmitter.
As basic frame I bought a WLToys 6 channel TX and extracted the heart PCB, Arduino pro mini is planned instead.
First step, PPm only. If all ok, Hubsan TX will follow...

And now my problem, I cannot compile ardutx_v1_3.
The library do not work, wrong data types, Ubuntu (x64, 1.05) as well as Win7 (x64, 1.6).

It seems that the source (Nokia lib) depends on a special (old) version.
bianchifan is offline Find More Posts by bianchifan