HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2006
2,395 Posts
Thanks Steve. I'm using an RM 38mm spinner. I'm assuming the spinner can be back out a couple of mm on the motor shaft in order to set spinner to fuse gap?
racin06 is online now Find More Posts by racin06
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Oct 2013
1,300 Posts
Yup...plenty of shaft to work with...wrap motor/gb with saran wrap ...put mount on ...JB Weld appropriate areas and slide in to the right spot/depth....put spinner on ( wrapped also) on to align...tighten spinner and hang tail up/nose down..after cured remove spinner...you may have to tap shaft rearward..especially with tight fit..no biggie
hubcapsteve is online now Find More Posts by hubcapsteve
Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM
Joined Oct 2013
1,300 Posts
If it's really snug without saran wrap it's gonna be really really snug with it.i put some screws too to make sure motor is seated properly in mount before setting in fuse
Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM
Joined Oct 2013
1,300 Posts
Just don't glue motor gb in......not good
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM
The Sequel
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,489 Posts
Racin06- so is the bearing housing clearance in the mount perhaps a tolerance issue, or maybe the paint on the motor? It shouldn't need to be tight.
Also not sure if you said, how did you get on with your motor size with esprit? Did you have it changed over?
mustflynow2 is offline Find More Posts by mustflynow2
Old Today, 12:24 AM
pnc
USA, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2009
362 Posts
It shouldn't be so snug a tad of sandpaper to the ID should loosen it up.could you check the ID at the bearing housing and let me know if it is tight ?
there it should be a few thousands of space between them so in the future I can machine the ID larger..
Pete
pnc is offline Find More Posts by pnc
Old Today, 09:00 AM
Joined Dec 2006
2,395 Posts
Pete, I'll measure tonight and post.
Old Today, 09:01 AM
Joined Dec 2006
2,395 Posts
I'm a little apprehensive about the RM spinner being secured to the motor shaft by only two grub screws .
Old Today, 10:06 AM
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racin06 View Post
I'm a little apprehensive about the RM spinner being secured to the motor shaft by only two grub screws .
Don't use 2 set screws, use one one.
Grind a flat spot on the motor shaft and use a GOOD QUALITY 2mm hex driver to tighten the screw securely.
Some people use blue locktite on the screw, but I do not. Holds fine at 7KW.

Lenny
Lenny970 is online now Find More Posts by Lenny970
Old Today, 10:31 AM
Joined Dec 2006
2,395 Posts
Thanks Lenny. The Jeti 2035/2700 has a very generous flat spot already machined on the motor shaft. So, one grub screw is enough? I'll trust your word on this...though it freaks me out a little .
Old Today, 11:13 AM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny970 View Post
Don't use 2 set screws, use one one.
Grind a flat spot on the motor shaft and use a GOOD QUALITY 2mm hex driver to tighten the screw securely.
Some people use blue locktite on the screw, but I do not. Holds fine at 7KW.

Lenny
Use one one?

I had the same question? I did see the flat spot on the shaft Lenny you did which was smart. So your saying the two little set screws is a No No? Just use one?

Sounds good
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 200QX with Typhoon Frame
Old Today, 11:35 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,447 Posts
The single set screw against the flat part of the shaft pushes the rest of the shaft against the spinner hole wall. If you use both set screw the only contact points will be the tip of the grubs, and that will not be enough to handle 7kW. Contact surface is what you want to maximize.
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx