HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 12:15 PM
United Kingdom, England, Bradford
Joined Jan 2008
13 Posts
Throttle trim settings

Another strange question from a long-time Futaba user moving to the DX9 and DX6...
On the Futaba systems, I set a single 3-pos switch to give me a) standard throttle idle speed, b) low throttle idle speed for landing (throttle down), and c) Throttle cut.
I think that I could do this with flight modes, but it is overkill, and I want to keep the modes for more useful applications.
Is there a way other than via flight modes where I can set 2 different throttle idle settings on one switch, reserving the third position for throttle cut?
Thanks,
Steve
stevedunne is online now Find More Posts by stevedunne
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:15 PM
Joined Jan 2015
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbill24 View Post
Anyone have a gritty feel on the right hand stick? It's only in the down elevator direction. It kind of feels like the coils of the spring dragging on something. When I re-center the stick from full down elevator I can hear a slight popping noise.

My DX6 seems to do it a bit too, but not as evident. It's only on the 1 stick in 1 direction though. Up elevator is smooth as silk.
Took it back to the shop at tech support's direction. Shop said they couldn't exchange 12 hr old radio without permission. Shop called horizon and was told to disassemble radio to check it out..no swap. I told them that wasnt happening. Shop called horizon back and they wound up agreeing to exchange it with 'a note in my file'. New radio is very different. .clearly was something off that I didn't notice until I hooked it up to the SIM. Wound up fixed in the end, but had to get a bit aggressive. .pita.
mrbill24 is online now Find More Posts by mrbill24
Old Today, 12:22 PM
Need less hobbies, more toys
United States, AR
Joined Oct 2013
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
As explained before, it's not possible. The graphics are characters in the flash. Not so easy to change.....
I don't develop firmware so I am probably way off base here, but I was hoping it would be possible to not load the image in flash and, rather, just draw it directly to the screen.
DaddyBigas is online now Find More Posts by DaddyBigas
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:25 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
26,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedunne View Post
Another strange question from a long-time Futaba user moving to the DX9 and DX6...
On the Futaba systems, I set a single 3-pos switch to give me a) standard throttle idle speed, b) low throttle idle speed for landing (throttle down), and c) Throttle cut.
I think that I could do this with flight modes, but it is overkill, and I want to keep the modes for more useful applications.
Is there a way other than via flight modes where I can set 2 different throttle idle settings on one switch, reserving the third position for throttle cut?
Thanks,
Steve
This is what we call "Jet Trim" - it's one of the options for the throttle trim mode. Go to Trim Setup and look at what the Throttle options are. 2-pos or 3-pos is what you're asking for I think.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor