HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2015, 01:16 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,869 Posts
Hey hey! The Jaymeister is back on the job........Great to see you again, mate!!

As Barrett says, keep on at it and don't let it grind you down.
Colonel Blink is online now Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2015, 06:02 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
25,060 Posts
Great to see you back on the job jt! Let's get this puppy skinned.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: F2A-3 Buffalo at 1:7.5 scale
Old Jan 30, 2015, 07:33 AM
Central Lake, Michigan
Joined Dec 2002
1,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt40Dave View Post
I apologize if this is the wrong place to put this question but I hope the most knowledgeable folks regarding B24's will be here.

My dad was a pilot on B24's in the war - he passed away ~ 3 yrs ago and I would like to build a plane to represent his. (I have most of the data on the plane now). As I do not have the skills for a scratch built - I was wondering if there is a laser cut kit for the B-24 in the 70 - 80 inch wing span range? (I would love to build it 1/12 scale, but don't have the flying field / transport capabilities for this size - - or the wallet!).

Thanks in advance for any inputs - and sorry for thread drift.
Dave Harris
My dad was a nose gunner on a B-24. 5Th Air Force, 90th Bomb Group, 321st Sqdn.
Check out Precision Cut Kits, also National Balsa.
Kit Cutters is no longer taking orders for kits, hasn't been for at least ten years.
jollyroger is offline Find More Posts by jollyroger
Old Jan 30, 2015, 07:54 AM
Oh no, not again!
United States, LA, Carencro
Joined Dec 2005
5,718 Posts
Great to see you back in the game Jay. Skinning is fun b/c it looks like you are getting a lot done in a short time. Keep plugging.

Jeff
jhspring is offline Find More Posts by jhspring
Old Feb 20, 2015, 07:56 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2012
536 Posts
Not much progress.. But I did manage to snag a 8FG Super to pilot this beastie.. been momkeying with the mixes to get the nose gear servo slaved to the rudder when the gear is down and goes to neutral when up.. .. tis a lot of fun..
jt
jpt62 is offline Find More Posts by jpt62
Old Feb 21, 2015, 03:32 AM
...design-build-fly-publish...
Ware, herts. U.K.
Joined Sep 2008
3,548 Posts
A new transmitter! That's a good sign!

My two mixes on the 6EX are a real limitation but I cannot seem to get myself into a position where I'm happy to spend out on a Tx with better capabilities.

That's because I don't like spending money if I don't actually HAVE to - but my rationalisation is that it's a good challenge to set things up with proper geometry and so on...
like having the pull-pull wires to the nosewheel steering spring loaded so no force can move the wheel when out of square.

My Caribou still has an RCLander retract in nosewheel position with one of HK's sequencers operating the door but I don't think it will survive to flying stage. I swopped out the units on the main legs for a couple of old servos I had reverse polaritied. Fixed a pinion in place of the output arm and added my usual micro switch system to fix end stop positions. So the new rack system has far more authority and doesn't whine and groan sounding like it's going to stall at any moment.

That's the kind of recycling that puts a grin on my face!
... as does knowing that you're still on the job!
Power to your elbow my friend!

Robin
eye4wings is offline Find More Posts by eye4wings
Old Feb 21, 2015, 04:16 AM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2012
536 Posts
I got something in mind for the cables to keep them out of the way.. I really got this TX because of the S Bus feature.. allows one to do some really interesting servo placements.. that and it has 14 channels to play with.. Bombers have a few things that need to be on their own channel..
jt
jpt62 is offline Find More Posts by jpt62