New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2015, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by sr175
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Mar 2013
1,345 Posts
I haven't noticed this with mine. I'm assuming that this is a consistent thing with your's from the sound of it ie many flights. Just throwing this out there and may not be the issue but your travel on you ailerons and rudder are the same in each direction and such? Lateral CG is ok?
sr175 is offline Find More Posts by sr175
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2015, 10:49 AM
Find More Posts by Doc Austin
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvallyman View Post
I've had the 48 Extra for a couple months now and really liking it. One thing that seems odd though is when doing harrier turns, turning to the left seems predictable and don't need much opposite aileron to keep it from tipping.
Right turns are just the opposite, it takes very little rudder to turn and I need to stay on the opposite aileron to keep it from tipping over like its oversensitive somehow. I have checked wing incidence, wing twist, lateral balance and also took out some of the right motor thrust but hasn't helped.
Has anyone else noticed this or have a fix for it?
Most planes I have flown are like this. I assume the torque helps the plane in left hand turns. As long as you can pop a reasonably level parachute, the plane is balanced fine laterally. For me it was just a matter of holding the nose a little higher and more opposite aileron in right hand harrier turns.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Apr 03, 2015, 11:54 AM
Find More Posts by sr175
Joined Mar 2013
1,345 Posts
Another thing for me to look at doc! I had someone tell me about a different maneuver recently and I wasn't sure if I did what they said until I was flying and found my brain just doing it already without knowing! To be honest my harrier is garbage next to your flying honestly Doc! I find it much easier to do on by 7x edge though. You really need/require one of these
Old Apr 03, 2015, 12:34 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr175 View Post
I had someone tell me about a different maneuver recently and I wasn't sure if I did what they said until I was flying and found my brain just doing it already without knowing!
It's hard to teach aerobatics and building because you do tiny little things you never realized you were doing, or to you they are so obvious it never occurs to you the other person doesn't already know it.

Quote:
To be honest my harrier is garbage next to your flying honestly Doc!
I'm sure it's not that bad, but my harrier pretty much sucked until I dedicated myself to nothing but harrier practice for about two weeks. Nothing but. Nothing but harrier all the time. Then it started to come around and it was so much fun that now I fly harrier almost all the time and don't really need to practice. If I start to get sloppy I will harrier an entire pack and that always seems to help.

Two things will really help your harrier. First is to get an Edge because that's the king. Then, try my spoileron mix as described in Laser EXP__The Spoileron Files

Quote:
I find it much easier to do on by 7x edge though. You really need/require one of these
I wish, but there is no way to get one in my car. It's a 2000 Nissan Altima and those were about as small as the current Sentra. I really could not afford to wreck a 74" Laser, so I am building up more 60" EXPs. Those have been really solid for me.
Old Apr 03, 2015, 01:08 PM
Find More Posts by Liberty10
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
5,154 Posts
Doc, I know it might be a bit blasphemous but with all the RC clubs in your area I'm sure you could get a used 74" Laser for a lot less than new prices.
Liberty10 is offline Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Apr 03, 2015, 01:16 PM
Find More Posts by sr175
Joined Mar 2013
1,345 Posts
Altima is tough. We have a guy who places his 50cc yak in his hyundai car sideways from his back seat to front passenger seat. I throw my edge in back of truck . 48 extra is so small that I have to take wings off and place in cab or it will blow away. Maybe I may consider that plane carrier that aeroplayin showed on his larger plane for it.
Old Apr 03, 2015, 01:19 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
Doc, I know it might be a bit blasphemous but with all the RC clubs in your area I'm sure you could get a used 74" Laser for a lot less than new prices.
Yeah, but it won't go in the car. It just won't. The damm thing is too small.
Old Apr 03, 2015, 01:25 PM
Find More Posts by sr175
Joined Mar 2013
1,345 Posts
I have a recip saw. We can make room! After all what's more important car or planes ?! jk
Old Apr 03, 2015, 01:46 PM
Find More Posts by Liberty10
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
5,154 Posts
That's what friends are for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Yeah, but it won't go in the car. It just won't. The damm thing is too small.
I hear ya Doc.
Liberty10 is offline Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Apr 03, 2015, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by mvallyman
mvallyman
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Dec 2006
15 Posts
Thanks for your advice guy's. The throws and all that are dialed in and does a level parachute. My 50cc MX 2 does this a little, just not as much as the 48 Extra does and was hoping there was a tweak I could do. I have tried spoilerons but not as much throw as Doc described in the "spoileron files" I'll play with that and learn how to fly the harrier better.

By the way, I had an earlier post about getting a faulty Airboss ESC, it would pulse the motor or run it full for a few seconds then shut it down. Called EF and they sent me another that did the same thing. Called them again and they said there was a few ESC's that did this , something about not reading the throttle signal well and asked me to wait a couple weeks. After about a week they sent me an add-on about 2 inches long that plugs in between the receiver and ESC, works fine now.
mvallyman is online now Find More Posts by mvallyman
Old Apr 05, 2015, 09:52 PM
Find More Posts by Luv3d
Honeybadger don't care...
United States, FL, Winter Park
Joined May 2010
1,937 Posts
Sweet! Chris and team do a fantastic job with Customer support. Can't thank them enough.
Luv3d is online now Find More Posts by Luv3d
Old Apr 13, 2015, 07:01 AM
Find More Posts by kwlever
Joined Mar 2013
5 Posts
I haven't had any luck finding out the need for a satellite RX. I have a spektrum AR610 ready to go in but don't want to put it in the air if I need a satellite for it. Can anyone give any advice on the matter? Thanks!
kwlever is offline Find More Posts by kwlever
Old Apr 13, 2015, 07:09 AM
Find More Posts by helicow
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,444 Posts
The AR610 does not use a satellite receiver.
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Old Apr 13, 2015, 05:08 PM
Find More Posts by GoAround
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,474 Posts
I'm using an AR610. Not that it's flown yet but I am confident it'll be a decent RX.
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround