Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:31 PM
Find More Posts by Seahunter
Seahunter
United States, TN, Pinson
Joined May 2009
10 Posts
Help!
mini vapor brick and 6mm motor

I have collected some parts for the mini vapor and I am trying to wire the motor to the brick esc. Where does the motor wiring connect to the esc on the brick. Anyone have a diagram or picture to help me out?
Seahunter is offline Find More Posts by Seahunter
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2015, 09:02 AM
Find More Posts by steve_o73
Canada, ON, Quinte West
Joined Mar 2014
20 Posts
I'll try to explain it, sorry no picture. On the front edge (side with the big gears) between the linear servos you will see a small diode (small black soldered on each side. The pads that is soldered to are mirrored on the bottom of the board these pads are for the motor. with gears pointing up looking at the back the positive is on the right. Hope thats understandable
steve_o73 is offline Find More Posts by steve_o73
Old Apr 30, 2015, 09:22 AM
Find More Posts by Seahunter
Seahunter
United States, TN, Pinson
Joined May 2009
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_o73 View Post
I'll try to explain it, sorry no picture. On the front edge (side with the big gears) between the linear servos you will see a small diode (small black soldered on each side. The pads that is soldered to are mirrored on the bottom of the board these pads are for the motor. with gears pointing up looking at the back the positive is on the right. Hope thats understandable
Thanks Steve, I bought this receiver having never seen a mini vapor. Your directions are easy to follow. I have one of the original vapors and love it. The motor on it has a plug. The parts for the mini vapor are being put on clearance for up to 70% off and I think I now have all I need to complete a mini. If you are interested in one of these bricks, check out e-bay search ParkZone PKZU1252 Super Lite DSMX 3-Channel Rx/ESC/Servo: Mini-Vapor . They also have some wings etc.
Seahunter is offline Find More Posts by Seahunter
Old Apr 30, 2015, 09:26 AM
Find More Posts by steve_o73
Canada, ON, Quinte West
Joined Mar 2014
20 Posts
I got a couple back awhile ago, They were like $18 on Ebay.
steve_o73 is offline Find More Posts by steve_o73
Old Aug 05, 2015, 12:35 PM
Find More Posts by Demon-Leather
"Experienced-Crasher"
Rex, NC "Extreme Boonies"
Joined Jan 2002
2,394 Posts
I Did the Same Thing.....

Picked up a couple Parkzone receiver/servo/esc bricks on Ebay (they're $19.00 bucks now, but FREE SHIPPING! ) I had the same question the OP had. I bought a couple HobbyZone Champ geared motors, and was wondering where the heck the connection was for the ESC... The Hobbyzone motor has a teeny-tiny male connector on it like the old GWS types only way smaller.. I was wondering if anyone makes a female plug lead that I could solder to the board. I'll be lucky if I can get anything soldered to those small dots on the board with these shaky old hands! So, if I CAN do it,.. I'd only like to do it ONCE with a connector so I can change motors without repeating that step... Any kind of small, light connectors should work,.. any suggestions on which ones and where to get them?? I'm new to this sub-micro stuff, so any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Bob
Demon-Leather is offline Find More Posts by Demon-Leather