New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2015, 01:44 PM
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
30,090 Posts
Derek, you have PM's turned off. I couldn't reply to you. Here's the answer, and this thread is the best place to get help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek.holme@nt
Hi Andy, need help, have full house glider with motor, using DX9 and Ar 9310, rx seems complicated and no instructions of were to plug into which port, two rows and with two choices per row, Help please?
Derek
Best to ask online. I'm not the sailplane expert.

Take a look at the Monitor screen. It lists the servo functions by name, and they're in the same order as on a receiver. The leftmost channel goes into the port named THRO, next is AILE, ELEV, RUDD etc.

The top/bottom labels can be a little confusing. I figure them out by plugging in a bind plug, and powering up. If that doesn't work, I try the other port (right under it) with the bind plug, and that one has to work. Once you know which is BIND, then you know the rest by the names on the receiver.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2015, 02:36 PM
Find More Posts by mejmea
Always trying to learn
United States, IL, Batavia
Joined Feb 2011
789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek.holme@nt View Post
Help needed to set up my ar 9310 in full house glider with motor on throttle stick, so many rx ports is confusing?....
Thanks
One other method that seems to work consistently is to imagine sliding the label towards the pins and then mentally wrap it down over that end of the receiver. The labeling then lines up with the appropriate connectors.
mejmea is offline Find More Posts by mejmea
Old Aug 25, 2015, 03:04 PM
Find More Posts by StarHopper44
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
7,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
... The leftmost channel goes into the port named THRO, next is AILE, ELEV, RUDD etc.
One mnemonic 'trick' I've used to help me remember what goes where in 'normal' hookups -- acronym is the word GREAT, backwards.
(Take THAT, Futabers!!)
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2015, 03:43 PM
Find More Posts by czorzella
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
One mnemonic 'trick' I've used to help me remember what goes where in 'normal' hookups -- acronym is the word GREAT, backwards.
(Take THAT, Futabers!!)

czorzella is online now Find More Posts by czorzella
Old Aug 28, 2015, 01:24 PM
Find More Posts by derek.holme@nt
Joined Feb 2008
32 Posts
Dx9

Thanks for the info, think i have it up and running, if i wish to add flap to aileron for full span control how will i achieve it?
Also snap flap?
Finally, when switching between thermal and speed mode the flaps go over centre then return to the desired setting why is this?
Appreciate your input.
derek.holme@nt is offline Find More Posts by derek.holme@nt
Old Aug 28, 2015, 03:07 PM
Find More Posts by derek.holme@nt
Joined Feb 2008
32 Posts
Dx9

Thanks for the info, think i have it up and running, if i wish to add flap to aileron for full span control how will i achieve it?
Also snap flap?
Finally, when switching between thermal and speed mode the flaps go over centre then return to the desired setting why is this?
Appreciate your input.
derek.holme@nt is offline Find More Posts by derek.holme@nt
Old Aug 28, 2015, 07:16 PM
Find More Posts by zephirus
Scott J.
United States, NC, Wake Forest
Joined Jan 2013
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek.holme@nt View Post
Also snap flap?
Appreciate your input.

There are 3 ways to do this (maybe more). One is very easy - camber system (cant get lost there). Do you have flight modes activated? The other method is in the mixing menu - you can do with the Ail > Flap feature. But the most flexible way is by the custom Mix menu - its most powerful because you get access to 7 pt curve mixing. I dont use snap flaps but you can mix those there as well. Maybe the harder thing (not hard) is how you want to use your switches. Once you figure that out programming on this radio is easy (Former x9503 guy here). Hope that helps. You can ask Sherman Knight for help - he programs these radios upside down underwater.

Scott
zephirus is offline Find More Posts by zephirus