HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2015, 01:45 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,530 Posts
The Daytona Helifly was canceled due to weather. Which kind of sucks but at least i had nice weather to fly all week long. Unfortunately i have a 4 day weekend this week, starting today and the weather is going to be crappy all weekend.

But at least I got all my helis in order for the event. My X5 has been flying great now that I got the servos sorted out. Also my stretched X5 with 570mm blades is flying very nicely. Since I installed the Quantum 6S motor I've flown more than 10 flights now and I'm not being any less gentle than I am with my other helicopters. So far it hasn't stripped any gears or had any bad behavior. If it doesn't give me any problems over the next 50-100 flights. This could easily become favored over my regular X5.

Gaui X5.7 - Flight 7 (3 min 50 sec)

Gaui X5.7 - Flight 8 (3 min 52 sec)

Gaui X5 - Flight 1495 (3 min 3 sec)

Gaui X5 - Flight 1496 (3 min 42 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2015, 04:20 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,386 Posts
Sucks your having more esc issues integrity. I hope to fly this weekend but might be bad weather till Sunday .i think it's been a month since I flew a big boy. I'm sick of the rain. Finger is healing fine . Thanks for all the love everyone!
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:35 PM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,279 Posts
I have cx 10s one is from Banggood and I think its a fake. Only flies about 2 minuets, when I do a flip I never know which direction it will flip and it has no speed at all outside. The paint and logo are also different. The other one really sizzles across the yard and flip after flip as well as at lest 5-6 minuets of flying. I may have to go a little bigger with a quad what's a good one in a little bigger size while still being lets say cheap?
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
Old Jan 24, 2015, 01:33 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack herr View Post
I have cx 10s one is from Banggood and I think its a fake. Only flies about 2 minuets, when I do a flip I never know which direction it will flip and it has no speed at all outside. The paint and logo are also different. The other one really sizzles across the yard and flip after flip as well as at lest 5-6 minuets of flying. I may have to go a little bigger with a quad what's a good one in a little bigger size while still being lets say cheap?
How big do you want to go? It's going to cost a good bit more to go bigger. If it were me, I'd go with one of the newer Blade models. The Nano QX is only like $70 or something, BNF. Then the 180QX and 200QX are bigger jumps in price at $159 and $229 respectively.

But some of these other guys might know some cheaper quads that are more "toy like" in that they come with their own unique transmitter. The Blade stuff requires a Spectrum compatible transmitter and aren't exactly the cheapest things around.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 01:55 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,386 Posts
We all know how this goes. You buy a small one and then what. You want to go bigger. Next thing we know , you get a 800.lol. there are so many quads styles out now. It's up to you to decide. Do you want to build it or just buy and fly? V tail , tri copter, 6 blade or even 8 or normal, The blades do have a good line up. And they even have new software to do 3d . Of coarse the sun has come out again but winds are pretty crazy.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2015, 02:03 PM
want to fly the big one please
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Feb 2013
3,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack herr View Post
Jack, I went through the same thing, got the micro quad then decided to get something with brushless motors, and bigger.
I did some searching before hand and ended up with the RCLogger EyeOneXtreme, it about a 300 size.
The EOX is called the best value for a brushless quad, and I have been flying one for a few montshs now and have no regrets.
It is what I used to make the couple vids that started all that debate a little while ago.
It comes RTF or ARF. It is able to use a DSM2/X PPM receiver to be used with a pro radio.
The RTF comes with a smaller, video game type TX, but it is better to use the pro radio.

http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/en/7-mini-quads
psychlic is offline Find More Posts by psychlic
Old Jan 24, 2015, 02:04 PM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,279 Posts
lol that's for sure. We probably all started helis with a little coax or such. I am also getting my first plane. I ordered the hobby zone super cubs with safe tech. I have a dx4e from my phoenix sim so I a getting the bnf. I will look at the quads there too but I can see where this will all lead to.
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
Old Jan 24, 2015, 04:08 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
We all know how this goes. You buy a small one and then what. You want to go bigger. Next thing we know , you get a 800.lol. there are so many quads styles out now. It's up to you to decide. Do you want to build it or just buy and fly? V tail , tri copter, 6 blade or even 8 or normal, The blades do have a good line up. And they even have new software to do 3d . Of coarse the sun has come out again but winds are pretty crazy.
20+ kt winds around here. Been waiting all day for them to calm down. But nope. It's saying 16mph on intellicast. So I'll probably go and try anyway now that the sun is almost down. Freaking 4 day weekend set aside for the Daytona heli fly and all I've been able to do is sit around. But at least i don't have a burned ring finger :\
Old Jan 25, 2015, 07:52 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,386 Posts
finaly got to fly, but still so windy. when i got to field i saw a new sign. it said no trespassing. i couldnt believe it . so i moved down field 200 feet, screw them. please enjoy
align trex 800 dfc pro 1st flight of 2015 (4 min 40 sec)

align trex 600 efl pro 1st flights of 2015 (4 min 29 sec)

align trex 800 dfc pro 3d (4 min 40 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
finaly got to fly, but still so windy. when i got to field i saw a new sign. it said no trespassing. i couldnt believe it . so i moved down field 200 feet, screw them. please enjoy
http://youtu.be/mUVmNibdCp0

http://youtu.be/PDncNhGc7kY

http://youtu.be/5sTM7oKKUNQ
Awesome biggie, glad you finally got to go fly, and it looks like the finger didn't stop you.

Yesterday was beautiful down here. No wind, clear skies and it actually warmed up pretty nice. I got in a bunch of flights. But my X5 had another servo failure and went wonky in the air. No camera running. But i just cut it and let it fall. It cracked up my new canopy a little bit. Not bad. Mostly surface cracking. Other then that, the only other thing that broke was two skid struts. It hit the ground with almost no power and the blades were parallel with the boom when it hit and rolled over. So the main blades didn't even take a hit, really. Over all, I have to replace a $7 set of skid strutts, which i already have, and replace the servo that failed. This just happened like two weeks ago with the same servo and i thought it was a solder contact. But maybe it wasn't. Maybe it was the motor the whole time.