HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2013, 09:20 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Video
Sky Eagle Flight Review

Let's tune in with Alex and the 4 CH BlitzRCWorks Sky Eagle RC Sailplane Glider with a 1600mm wingspan as it soars through the sky using a 1350KV Brushless Outrunner motor and a 35A ESC.
See more info at http://www.bananahobby.com/4-ch-blit...ider-arf.html.

4 CH BlitzRCWorks Sky Eagle RC Sailplane Glider Flying Review (12 min 46 sec)
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2014, 09:54 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,458 Posts
I will be flying and reviewing this plane at the Arizona Electric Festival after I shoot a short assembly video there. I will report my findings here in RC Groups in February. I will have hundreds of witnesses as to how she flies for me at the festival both with motor on and off. I will be using her as a GoPro camera ship there as recommended by Alex for some of my flights. Michael Heer
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2014, 05:47 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,458 Posts
I have a number of flights now on my Sky Eagle and have to admit it flies much better than I expected in thermal conditions! I expected her to be good as an electric plane or at the slope with a wind and the motor off and she is. However I didn't expect her to stay aloft and climb in marginal lift at the field as well as she does and I have had a surprising number of good flights in just such conditions. Mike H
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2014, 11:22 AM
Joined Mar 2014
76 Posts
Hello Michael Heer!

I had the same reaction when I was flying it in thermal conditions, glad to hear you've had some great flights with it! Its still my go to plane for when I want to fly something in short notice or for warm ups!
BHCSR ALEX is offline Find More Posts by BHCSR ALEX
Old Apr 22, 2014, 09:19 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,458 Posts
Great plane at the slope!
The wind started out too light for my true slope planes so I threw my Sky Eagle off of the hill and had a nice fifteen minute flight with only one run of the motor when the wind had died briefly. Landed and added some ballast as the wind picked up and had another great fifteen minute plus flight without using the motor at all. I could have kept on flying her even with more wind but I switched to a pure slope lead sled when the wind allowed and had a great day at the slope. She flew well in light to mild wind 5-12 mph. Handled 15 mph with ballast and would have been fine in stronger winds I suspect with the ballast. Mike H
RCG Plus Member