HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by rhampton, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 07, 2013, 09:59 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
603 Posts
Trader Rating: 102
Any 30 size 550 mm should work. Crap, most of the companies I used are gone. Heliproz, helicopter world maybe. Ebay would be good. Fiberglass is your best bet. Balance your head and flybar. Most blades come ready to go, but there might be a weight difference between the two, so check them on the head with a balancer. Do not chop the throttle. Nice smooth throttle transition to idle. Don't need a boom strike. These are not 3D machines. Keep your normal flight mode no lower than -1 negative. They are nice smooth machines to fly smooth circuits.
Mark
Beardiedrg is offline Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2013, 10:03 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
603 Posts
Trader Rating: 102
If the blades were done right. Lead is glued in with epoxies and cg is the same on both then yes. These are critical on this machine.
Beardiedrg is offline Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
Old Jun 20, 2013, 09:42 PM
United States, LA
Joined Oct 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
well is it sold or what?
dirk matherne is offline Find More Posts by dirk matherne
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:34 AM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
It was sold..but never got paid yet..so i'm leaving thread open for a few more days....will give a update soon....
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Old Jun 21, 2013, 06:44 AM
Asheville, NC
Joined Mar 2009
283 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
Am I still next in line if it doesn't work out?

Mark
Scirocco14 is online now Find More Posts by Scirocco14
Old Jun 23, 2013, 08:05 PM
United States, LA
Joined Oct 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
i got the doe im readt to go
dirk matherne is offline Find More Posts by dirk matherne
Old Jun 24, 2013, 04:45 AM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
I made the Mistake of Shipping Heli before i got Paid...well turns out i Never got my Money order..i was a nice guy thinking well he seems like a nice guy so i'll go ahead and ship heli and just wait for his money order since he said he would mail it same day i mailed my heli...Well haven't heard from him since...
i believe he is in the Military and possibly was deployed..That's my only guess so it wasn't intentional for him not to pay...i don't have all details but i thought i would leave thread open hoping he will get this message....Hopefully this week i will here from him.....
Old Jun 24, 2013, 08:48 AM
Corona, CA
Joined Apr 2010
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Has this sold yet?
Binx406 is offline Find More Posts by Binx406
Old Jun 24, 2013, 08:59 AM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
I had mentioned in post right before yours that I sold heli. I mailed it out before I got payment...Buyer never paid...so I'm out a heli...I don't have heli...trying to get buyer to pay or send heli back...in another day or so I'm going to just close thread and consider it a total loss on my end...
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:01 AM
Asheville, NC
Joined Mar 2009
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
I had mentioned in post right before yours that I sold heli. I mailed it out before I got payment...Buyer never paid...so I'm out a heli...I don't have heli...trying to get buyer to pay or send heli back...in another day or so I'm going to just close thread and consider it a total loss on my end...
Bummer. Let's hope it's just a deployment thing.

Mark
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:11 AM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
I hope so...I looked up his name and he is in El Paso,Tx but his name falls under the Fort Bliss Military so I call there and they do have a Mark Shay...so I managed to get Unit number and he's under the Delta Company,,whatever that means....so the Seargent tells me that unit has been deployed to Afghanistan...he was communicating well with me right up to when I emailed him a UPS tracking....after that I haven't heard anything and its been like 3 weeks already....he really sounded like a nice guy,,,,but if he actually was deployed there then that would explain everything and I would not take it personal....only complaint I have is he could have mailed money order on the day we agreed on this arrangement......so I just have to wait now....I'm sure he's a nice guy and is not trying to pull a fast one.....so if MARK sees this post,,,please know that I'm waiting patiently....
Old Jun 27, 2013, 09:19 AM
Asheville, NC
Joined Mar 2009
283 Posts
Not looking good, he's done this before:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11554629

Mark
Old Jun 27, 2013, 09:27 AM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
i appreciate the info...yes Looks like i became a Victim. Guy sounded really nice...what bugs me tho was that it was a Legitimate sale..i could have just waited for the money order and by some time if i didn't receive it, i could have just emailed and said sorry...selling to next guy in line...but my mistake was i mailed it out thinking he was gonna keep his word....
funny, tho,,,,,,,,,,,,i did call the Fort Bliss Texas Military and they do show a Mark Shay registered in the Military and deployed to Afganistan.....what do you think i should do now...just leave it and call it a loss?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 09:31 AM
Asheville, NC
Joined Mar 2009
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
i appreciate the info...yes Looks like i became a Victim. Guy sounded really nice...what bugs me tho was that it was a Legitimate sale..i could have just waited for the money order and by some time if i didn't receive it, i could have just emailed and said sorry...selling to next guy in line...but my mistake was i mailed it out thinking he was gonna keep his word....
funny, tho,,,,,,,,,,,,i did call the Fort Bliss Texas Military and they do show a Mark Shay registered in the Military and deployed to Afganistan.....what do you think i should do now...just leave it and call it a loss?
You could ask a lawyer, but it'll cost you more than it's worth. Lesson learned: get money in hand before shipping.

Good luck,

Mark
Closed Thread