HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2011, 02:05 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,192 Posts
I didn't fly, but just installed virtual box on my mythbunty (media/TV machine) so I can use my TV for simulator!

Judging by the forecast - no flying over the weekend, too
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2011, 07:26 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Darnit! I am fairly sure I totalled my heli today. I lost sight of it going around a tree and tried to throttle it up but the last I saw of it was it going down in an unalterable nose dive it would not pull out of. So today I searched through 3 acres of properties, tomorrow I will give it another shot. But for now it is MIA. Man I am mad at myself! Crummy weather for days on end and I had a small window to fly in. I was on pain meds and did just about everything wrong.
Wow, sorry to hear that. Hope you find it. I don't even take sleeping pills the night before, knowing I plan to fly the next morning. I learned that the hard way. This morning was a breezeless, perfect one. Flew the Walkera V450 and went thru about 5 packs. I think back when I was so scared to fly it but know I still cannot be too relaxed with this thing, nevertheless it is becoming more and more fun with the more I learn about it.

On a different note I am waiting for this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/F22-RAPTOR-Ready...item3cb57221dc
Which the guy promises will be in stock Monday. Never flew a jet before but I do have a sim I practice on regularly. After a heli how hard can it be? I initially ordered a smaller backpack jet that looks exactly like it without landing gear (costing $151) but I was upgraded to the larger jet with more updated electronics for the same price. Hope things are on the level and it works out.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Last edited by urrl; May 27, 2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old May 27, 2011, 10:09 AM
DT (Dart Tin) 550E, mCPX BL
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Urrl... all the best to you on that eBay deal. At least with eBay, you have some say as to any credits or monies being given or refunded in the worst case scenario. My experience with eBay has been nearly 100% positive since the system allows you to see others' customer feedback ratings.

As for my flight today... it was a bit windy for my Walkera 4#6 a moment ago with the complication of the lawn service eating up my flying space in our cul-de-sac, but since I am pretty well accomplished with her, I had a great battery pack with only one slight crash into the sparce bushes in front of my condo. When it's not quite as windy, I have even been able to increase the nose-in time considerably. I can't wait until my repair is finished for my Gootch Helios 450SE V2!
helinewbie617 is offline Find More Posts by helinewbie617
Old May 28, 2011, 10:47 AM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,347 Posts
first day of flying in several weeks, felt great until on my 2nd TREX250 pak I was doing some pitch pumps. It was clear the tail was not holding good so I upped the gain, my baby was almost uncontrollable and while trying to soft land it became clear a throttle cut was the only option. Bent tail boom and the head is kind of bent up....ughhhhh.

It's going to be a tought flying season.
ewoodcox is online now Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old May 28, 2011, 11:44 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helinewbie617 View Post
Urrl... all the best to you on that eBay deal.
Thanks, Looks like I just got a UPS tracking number, so far so good!
Old May 28, 2011, 11:47 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
first day of flying in several weeks, felt great until on my 2nd TREX250 pak I was doing some pitch pumps. It was clear the tail was not holding good so I upped the gain, my baby was almost uncontrollable and while trying to soft land it became clear a throttle cut was the only option. Bent tail boom and the head is kind of bent up....ughhhhh.

It's going to be a tought flying season.

I find a pitch curve adjustment usually helps a lot, especially when I throttle hard suddenly and the heli turns left or right on it's own. Once the pitch curve is right the heli does not turn when sudden vertical thrust is applied. I guess that's what you mean by pitch pumping.
Last edited by urrl; May 28, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old May 28, 2011, 04:21 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,364 Posts
NWS: "wind south 25-40mph" so no flying. (Yeah I know, wimp.)
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old May 28, 2011, 06:09 PM
United States, NJ, Chatham
Joined Mar 2010
273 Posts
I flew my 500 today, I got one battery in when towards the end of the battery the tail started to bob violently while I was powering through a turn. I brought the heli down quikly and changed batteries and tested all the servos . I throttled up and when the heli was about to lift off the tail bobbed hard. I throttled down and checked the tail servo again and found it dead. Its my second Power HD servo to go on this heli. I run the servos at 6v and I guess they arent long lating at that voltge. I had one on my 450 pro at 4.8v for a long time with no problems. Does anyone know of a good tail servo that works at 6v? The powerHD servo has been good to me just not long lasting.
ck986 is online now Find More Posts by ck986
Old May 28, 2011, 06:22 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
NWS: "wind south 25-40mph" so no flying. (Yeah I know, wimp.)
We can fly in wind like that but if it's not a lot of fun why do it?
zen@lanset.com is online now Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old May 28, 2011, 06:44 PM
dont play with rc anymore
United States, MO, St Joseph
Joined Feb 2005
1,249 Posts
Oooo...I like wind with the right heli or plane.
As long as its steady and not gusting.
micronut is offline Find More Posts by micronut
Old May 28, 2011, 08:31 PM
Team Mulikow 3D ---- :0)
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
Ed -- just maybe you should have answered a PM message I sent you -- You would have meet several nice folks today and maybe gotten some help with things -- sorry man I'm done reaching out to you to come fly -- fulton is not that far -- we used to travel farther to fly together :0)

Markus
dizzymarkus is offline Find More Posts by dizzymarkus
Old May 28, 2011, 11:17 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,364 Posts
Quote:
As long as its steady and not gusting
Your plains winds should be a lot like ours, micro. (I was born there [stl] and live here.) Even CALM wind has gusts.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old May 29, 2011, 02:15 AM
ooooh yeah
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,536 Posts
6 flights on the 450 today as it was dead calm all day . I tried my 1st loops with a "real" heli (done a few flips with my mCPx) and whilst not pretty, I managed 2 "loops" that kinda looked like a giant number 9 (entry at the bottom) and kept it out of the weeds, just. I'm used to flying planks and doing nice easy loops, with the 450 you seem to have to scream along the field and really work the elevator and collective to get it smooth. After scaring the pants off myself with the 2 "loops" I went back to my normal lazy big figure 8's and circuits, much less nerve racking.
Frenche is offline Find More Posts by Frenche
Old May 29, 2011, 11:04 AM View Post
minicopters
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). It is temporarily hidden while minicopters edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old May 29, 2011, 02:03 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minicopters View Post
Haha yes just flew my Extreme XL Copter in the yard and saw some PMs about http://www.extremecopters.com.
You are posting this commercial URL all over RCG in hopes of selling this thing, aren't you?
zen@lanset.com is online now Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com