HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:33 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
740 Posts
I feel your pain as it happened to me once a long time ago. One thing is for sure, it won't happened to you again
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:04 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
Hi Jackson!
Sad news! Been really eager to see another of your tasty flight videos. Hope you can get the bird "as new" again and get the Ultra in.
you´re not the only one overseenig things!
I didn´t notice flipping throttle hold in mid air. Don´t use it any more !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_oO7...layer_embedded

Best reg
Lasse
Hi Lasse,

Wow, you are the great film producer, not me! That was a clever documentary about a not-so-clever flight. LOL! Just like my not-so-clever flight!!!

The plane will be fine. It was so perfect before the crash this morning. But after I had three really nice flights, so it has now been maidened and needs some cosmetic repairs plus the Ultra installation.

I will keep you posted.

Jackson
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,435 Posts
Another short clip of my Stuka with MrRcSound system:
Stuka with MrRcSound clip 2 (2 min 53 sec)
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Last edited by urrl; Oct 08, 2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:11 PM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,575 Posts
URLL,
Sweet video! You fly so scale and smooth! The inverted climbout to a roll was nice! Seems like you have the cameras mounted at just the right positions.
NCRealEstateGuy is offline Find More Posts by NCRealEstateGuy
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,725 Posts
Fantastic video Urrl!

I tried to get some video for you all tonight, but it did not work out. I have a Rascal that I put the sound system in. Tried to fly it off the short filed, without much luck. I don't think I had the CG right. Felt tail heavy, in a stalled condition right from take off. Ended up in the trees because I was fighting the stall. Busted the tail and wings up, when I downed the tree to get at it.

Oh well. I think that plane is just too big and underpowered for my field. I will have to repair it and try it on a larger field.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:14 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Fantastic video Urrl!

I tried to get some video for you all tonight, but it did not work out. I have a Rascal that I put the sound system in. Tried to fly it off the short filed, without much luck. I don't think I had the CG right. Felt tail heavy, in a stalled condition right from take off. Ended up in the trees because I was fighting the stall. Busted the tail and wings up, when I downed the tree to get at it.

Oh well. I think that plane is just too big and underpowered for my field. I will have to repair it and try it on a larger field.

Andrew
Andrew,

Sooo sorry to hear this! Sounds like we have all had our problems lately.

Fortunately, I had a fabulous time at lunch flying the Mustang at Cherry Creek field. The weather couldn't have been nicer, we had a north wind, and there were lots of pilots with planes that the Mustang could shoot at. Fun!!! I even was able to get some shots in on a two-stroke P-40 that was cruising around the field. The Mustang is marginally slower but by cutting the corners I was able to keep up.

Cheers,

Jackson
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:15 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
790 Posts
Andrew,

One more technical question: If a 4S battery will give me greater sound output than a 3S, will a 5S do even better???

Jackson
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Stone View Post
Andrew,

One more technical question: If a 4S battery will give me greater sound output than a 3S, will a 5S do even better???

Jackson
No, the voltage is limited to about 14.8v. So anything above that drops to that level. So even an 8S running near 35v, gets cut to 14.8v at the regulator. So 2s-3s you will see a difference, 3S - 4S you will as well. Above 4S, no.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:41 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,725 Posts
Quote:
Andrew,

Sooo sorry to hear this! Sounds like we have all had our problems lately.

Fortunately, I had a fabulous time at lunch flying the Mustang at Cherry Creek field. The weather couldn't have been nicer, we had a north wind, and there were lots of pilots with planes that the Mustang could shoot at. Fun!!! I even was able to get some shots in on a two-stroke P-40 that was cruising around the field. The Mustang is marginally slower but by cutting the corners I was able to keep up.

Cheers,

Jackson
How are the systems holding up? You seem to put some major flying time on them. I have one here with over 10 hours run time, and still going strong.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:18 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
790 Posts
Quote:
How are the systems holding up? You seem to put some major flying time on them. I have one here with over 10 hours run time, and still going strong.

Andrew
Andrew,

Both the Mustang and Bucker Jungmann get flown often. I typically run four batteries through each every time I fly them. Figure 20-23 minutes flight time per session. Both systems are working just as good as when I started with them. I have been running the Mustang on a separate circuit with a 3S, so it is not as loud as 4S. I am close to doing an overhaul on the Mustang. I want to replace the connecting rods to the elevator and strengthen the elevator horns. Also replace the retracts. I am going to test out a couple of 5S batteries and see what the performance is. I am expecting more speed and more decisive climb and recovery power.

I really like the volume on the Bucker. Wish the volume on the Mustang (Pro Unit) was higher. I hope that the Ultra system on the P-47 is just right.

Regards,

Jackson
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:19 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy View Post
I am still about two months out from the maiden.
NC,

Was just admiring your craftwork on these installations. I look forward to updates on your progress.

Best wishes,

Jackson
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,725 Posts
Quote:
Andrew,

Both the Mustang and Bucker Jungmann get flown often. I typically run four batteries through each every time I fly them. Figure 20-23 minutes flight time per session. Both systems are working just as good as when I started with them. I have been running the Mustang on a separate circuit with a 3S, so it is not as loud as 4S. I am close to doing an overhaul on the Mustang. I want to replace the connecting rods to the elevator and strengthen the elevator horns. Also replace the retracts. I am going to test out a couple of 5S batteries and see what the performance is. I am expecting more speed and more decisive climb and recovery power.

I really like the volume on the Bucker. Wish the volume on the Mustang (Pro Unit) was higher. I hope that the Ultra system on the P-47 is just right.

Regards,

Jackson
Going with the 4S or 5S on the Mustang should give a fairly nice volume boost. Probably 3-5db. It may not sound like much, but it actually is. What sound are you using on the Jungman, just out of curiosity?

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:44 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
790 Posts
Quote:
Going with the 4S or 5S on the Mustang should give a fairly nice volume boost. Probably 3-5db. It may not sound like much, but it actually is. What sound are you using on the Jungman, just out of curiosity?

Andrew
The Bucker has the Wright Cyclone engine sound.

Jackson
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:42 PM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
528 Posts
Hi guys! You seem to have good insights in electrickri!
My FMS 1400 Cub has a 2-4 LiPo ESC, so has my PZ Albatros.
Cannot find if the 3536 900kv in the Cub or the 480 size 960 kv BL can take 14.8v or if they will smoke?
If possible some more dB in these lightweight planes would be nice!
Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Closed Thread