HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:11 PM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,080 Posts
Someone needs to learn HOW to deal with what might seem as a miscommunicated ignore or misunderstanding.

I wouldn't worry about it. At this rate, he'll be gone if he keeps it up. My guess: Troll.

Hey SkyeP: if your intention is to just come on here to be rude, bye bye. IF you want our help or advice with something, then please feel free to re-ask it.

SC
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Finally here in Winnipeg...
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:19 PM
United States, OH, Zanesville
Joined Sep 2012
214 Posts
Not a Troll. Just got drunk & felt ignored.............Sorry Guys.
My Bad. Happy Flying. I`ll just gonow
Skyepuncher is offline Find More Posts by Skyepuncher
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:31 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyepuncher View Post
Not a Troll. Just got drunk & felt ignored.............Sorry Guys.
My Bad. Happy Flying. I`ll just gonow
Did you ask a question that we didn't answer? What did we ignore?
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:50 PM
United States, OH, Zanesville
Joined Sep 2012
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Moi?

I've just had a look back because I'm not sure what you were referring to. Went back to page 199 but find anything...
I don't mean to wind people up, was I just having a bad day?

Tony
Yeah, lost Me there, too. Think He just wanted to kick Me while I was down.
Scott
Skyepuncher is offline Find More Posts by Skyepuncher
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:12 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,080 Posts
Moving on.... SNOW!!! Yuk!

Well, no flying my B3D until we get some better weather!

Snow! and lots of it! Anyone put skis on their plane?

I sure hope we get some good weather before too long, I miss flying mine...

Cheers,

SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:20 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyCadet View Post
Well, no flying my B3D until we get some better weather!

Snow! and lots of it! Anyone put skis on their plane?

I sure hope we get some good weather before too long, I miss flying mine...

Cheers,

SkyCadet
Wow do I hear you, snowblower got a work out tonight when I got home! Skis are going on the Stinson and the SE5a for this weekend, FOR SURE! Time for winter flying.

Talk to you D,

Marlin
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:44 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,080 Posts
Awesome!

I've been flying my decathlon with skis - lots of fun!

TTY soon, Marlin. Stay warm!

Darren
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:01 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Due to pilot idiocy I have gutted my totaled Beast AS3X and sold off the electronics to defray some of the cost. Why? Why did I attempt to fly it (again) in too much wind for me, a novice pilot? And the field I chose was not ideal. Ringed by very tall trees. Plenty of room for my Crack Pitts Biplane, or a good pilot, but too limited for me. A mistake and loss of orientation combined with gusts of wind 50 feet up. Into a tall tree I went, hard. 40 feet up. Went home, got ladder and 20 foot "plane getter". It was totaled after I got it out of the tree, and so was I. I'm too old for this So, I will try again with maybe an Sbach this spring. I had 3 flights with the Beast. RIP.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:04 PM
United States, MO, Union
Joined Sep 2012
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
Due to pilot idiocy I have gutted my totaled Beast AS3X and sold off the electronics to defray some of the cost. Why? Why did I attempt to fly it (again) in too much wind for me, a novice pilot? And the field I chose was not ideal. Ringed by very tall trees. Plenty of room for my Crack Pitts Biplane, or a good pilot, but too limited for me. A mistake and loss of orientation combined with gusts of wind 50 feet up. Into a tall tree I went, hard. 40 feet up. Went home, got ladder and 20 foot "plane getter". It was totaled after I got it out of the tree, and so was I. I'm too old for this So, I will try again with maybe an Sbach this spring. I had 3 flights with the Beast. RIP.
http://twistedhobbys.com/TH-32-EPP-C...ink-Yellow.htm

My beast is sitting on the shelf.....
jevs is offline Find More Posts by jevs
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:11 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I almost went that way........................ Still will buy another "foamy" 3D plane. My Crack Pitts is the only plane I can fly with sucess at the moment. I am also learning heli's. Got 3 now, this is getting intense!!!
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:32 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,453 Posts
Quote:
I almost went that way........................ Still will buy another "foamy" 3D plane. My Crack Pitts is the only plane I can fly with sucess at the moment. I am also learning heli's. Got 3 now, this is getting intense!!!
What helis do you fly? I still get mine out when I want to fly at home, but fixed wing has really got me now. I fly Beast and Sbach and find that my Beast has a "death wish". It's waiting for a rainy/snowy day for repairs. The Sbach has been more durable and less accident prone, but flies way faster if that would be a problem for you.
Good flights.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:37 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Right now only micro/mini heli's. Blade MCX2, Tandem Rescue, and Nano CPX (learning). I think with a proper HUGE place to fly. I would be alright with the Beast. Who knows, I may try it again. But probably will stick with single wing, like the S Bach, less to break, lol.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,453 Posts
Quote:
Right now only micro/mini heli's. Blade MCX2, Tandem Rescue, and Nano CPX (learning). I think with a proper HUGE place to fly. I would be alright with the Beast. Who knows, I may try it again. But probably will stick with single wing, like the S Bach, less to break, lol.
I flew all the Walkera helis. Don't know how I survived that. I learned a lot about repair and expected the heli not to fly out of the box, even if the seller did say they were "test flown before shipment".
There are a lot of Beast fans I know, but I'd have to say that my Beast is difficult for me to fly. It just seems unforgiving compared to the Sbach. The Sbach is definitely more durable for me.
I am going to repair and fly my Beast again, but I'm sure going to double my usual flight altitude.
Mike
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:49 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
There are a lot of Beast fans I know, but I'd have to say that my Beast is difficult for me to fly. It just seems unforgiving compared to the Sbach. The Sbach is definitely more durable for me.
I am going to repair and fly my Beast again, but I'm sure going to double my usual flight altitude.
Mike
Interesting... for me the Beast is floatier, can fly slower, has better elevator authority, easier to land... things happen faster on the Sbach. You've got to be more on top of things with the Sbach.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Interesting... for me the Beast is floatier, can fly slower, has better elevator authority, easier to land... things happen faster on the Sbach. You've got to be more on top of things with the Sbach.
yes. That's how I feel about the Beast. I have no problem flying it or understanding that it flies the way it does. It's just for some reason I keep getting in trouble with it. With about an equal amount of flights I've crashed the Sbach once and the Beast about 12 times. My fix is to keep the Beast up high enough for pilot error.
Mike