Closed Thread
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:20 AM
Just thumbing through...
Sunny (mostly) SC, home of the Joe Nall
Joined Feb 2009
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
When I receive my camera, I'll try a few lenses if the optics have issues. If it is 7mm diameter, I'd try the L8344, but if it turns out to be smaller, I'll have a look at others.

A hot mirror is easy to replace, if the existing one is an interference filter on the lens.
I believe some cams like Vivitar glue the hot mirror on the outside of the lens assy. Not as good, inside is better and allows thinner filters. Thin filters on the ouside of the cam should be fine, but fragile.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:31 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,281 Posts
Subscribed.
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:32 AM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2005
98 Posts
HD720 Key Chain Impact Test

First time out since rains let up. It a mushy bog outside air strip.
Plane is a SkySurfer. It is my let's try this and see if it works plane.

Click here for Test video:
Eagle-Eye is offline Find More Posts by Eagle-Eye
Last edited by Eagle-Eye; Jan 30, 2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: wrong imbed
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:35 AM
Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined Jan 2011
41 Posts
So, after all - is there someone, who has no problem with the lens and focus and his/her camera works 100% fine? If not, this "out of focus problem" maybe is mass manufacturing defect? If there is someone, can he/she tell us the name of his/her seller and share some image and video samples with us.
Thanks in advance.
ShinG0 is offline Find More Posts by ShinG0
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:45 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2005
98 Posts
HD720 Crash Test

Click on photo:

Video clip is 51 seconds

Eagle-Eye is offline Find More Posts by Eagle-Eye
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:51 PM
HBZ Champ Bush Edition + DX6i
Espoo, Finland
Joined Jan 2011
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinG0 View Post
So, after all - is there someone, who has no problem with the lens and focus and his/her camera works 100% fine? If not, this "out of focus problem" maybe is mass manufacturing defect? If there is someone, can he/she tell us the name of his/her seller and share some image and video samples with us.
Thanks in advance.
Mine seems to work perfectly, bought from him, one quick sample below:

Shot some test video today, so will post that later.
feath3r is offline Find More Posts by feath3r
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:19 PM
United States, TN, Oakland
Joined Sep 2008
29 Posts
Flashing yellow light

I got my camera, charged it up and inserted a 8G micro sdhc card in it, and all I get is a flashing yellow light. What's going on? The card has a 4 with a circle around it so it should be a high speed card. Can anyone help?
dmoshiloh is offline Find More Posts by dmoshiloh
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:29 PM
Joined Sep 2008
29 Posts
I'm inserting the micro card with the writing on top and the camera buttons on top. I press the card in as far as it goes and all I get is a flashing yellow light
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:37 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,314 Posts
With the buttons on top, insert the card with the writing DOWN, and the contacts up. It will go all the way in, and you'll have to push it in with your fingernail for it to "lock" in, it will sit just inside of the case. Push it in again and it snaps out to remove it.
KeithLuneau is offline Find More Posts by KeithLuneau
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:41 PM
Joined Sep 2008
29 Posts
Thanks, that took care of it.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:49 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,261 Posts
Hi guys, Question, I have XP pro, quick time, windows media player, windows movie maker. What program is out there, free, and an idiot like me can simply import the .mov, edit the .mov to shorten it or grab a section for Doppler speed that I have to make a .wav file by grabbing the audio off the .mov file and save it to a format that keeps the HQ quality?
your time and effort would be greatly apperciated
Tom J
ApexAero is online now Find More Posts by ApexAero
Old Jan 30, 2011, 03:33 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Memory cards?

Great job Frank.

Having stumbled on to this thread I may give these little guys another try.
I lost interest due to poor performance - the hacking was fun for a while but the after all the fun, the results were always unsatisfying.
The first question that came to my mind while trying to decide if I was going to fork out $40 was this:
What about the memory card?
I remember that some of the performance issues of old were due to the type of memory card. Does that problem still exist? If so what card should I order at the same time I order my new camera?
I did look at the FAQs and saw no mention if this issue.
I would guess anything above 4 GB would be overkill - but what about card class?
If I missed it - sorry

Thanks for you continued efforts,
Walt Bankes
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Old Jan 30, 2011, 03:33 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
Hi guys, Question, I have XP pro, quick time, windows media player, windows movie maker. What program is out there, free, and an idiot like me can simply import the .mov, edit the .mov to shorten it or grab a section for Doppler speed that I have to make a .wav file by grabbing the audio off the .mov file and save it to a format that keeps the HQ quality?
your time and effort would be greatly apperciated
Tom J
See FAQs in post #3 as suggested in the title of this thread.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jan 30, 2011, 03:35 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Ha, Tom - it looks like our last messages collided.
In case that caused you to miss reading mine, this is a bump.

Walt
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Old Jan 30, 2011, 03:47 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finster View Post
I didnt get the same results you got...I got the normal 2- 20min clips...The charger didnt do noting to prolong the video...When I first got the charger I plugged it in and got nothing...like what happened to prof100...so I let the cam record till batt died then pluged in the charger and light was glowing red on charger...the only thing it does do is charge the battery when the cam isnt recording...strange you can get 3 clips...I fully charged cam, plugged in charger and let it run to end...how did you do it?
I start the recording process then plug in the charger. Not sure if that helps, just how I've been doing it.

I tried the car charger and it filled my 8gb card. This leads me to believe that the AA charger will not power the camera, but will charge it enough to record a little more than 20 min. more (at least in my case), before it runs down and then doesn't save the last file. I guess it's just a charger after all.
lostheli is online now Find More Posts by lostheli
Last edited by lostheli; Jan 30, 2011 at 03:54 PM.
Closed Thread