Find More Posts by Mike_eee
Quest for Speed!!!
Fremont,CA
Joined Aug 2005
1,274 Posts
Help!
AR7000 issue..crash!!

Hello Guys,

Last Saturday I did have a maiden of a full house EDF jet ( Ailerons, flaps, rudder, retracts, pop up side air brakes, steering,elevator ) totally 11 mini servos + retracts.

powered by 4s 5000 mah pack on a 150 amp speed controller, draw is just 90 amps.

have done several ground tests..all good...lined up and ran the plane all the way down the runway....all controls responded, well the rudder steering and elevator..cause the plane took off..but suddenly within 2 feet of take of plane abruptly veered to right slammed upside down...very forcibly into a pond...fished out ASAP.

ESC is toast..custom jet cockpit is toast...rest all was dry .....dried the plane for 2 days, used compressed air from my compressor to dry if any wetness.. ...powered on today with another esc..same receiver , bec and battery...voila found the issue.

the aileron are full deflected to the right..all other controls work good...no buzz nothing..but ailerons dont respond to input..full deflected to right..but when moved with hand it moves..as if its not powered at all.....

tried several times power cycling..same deflection to right
bind the receiver again...same effect.
wiggled all cables ...same effect.

Now unplugged the aileron alone and plugged it back....voila started working again. No issues...

Fail safe is not set on this receiver...i have never done ..should I?

Now what worries me is why did the servos deflect, when it was working for several weeks of build process and even range check and run up.

the servos deflect full right but when moved with hand it acted as if its not powered

can I trust the receiver again? or was it just loose connection issue?

Please throw ur input....I spend almost 6 months to build this jet and it was real real heart breaking to slam itself into a pond on take off maiden

Mike
Mike_eee is offline Find More Posts by Mike_eee
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,631 Posts
Chances of 2 servos failing at the same time in the same way are pretty far out there.

Do a swap of leads on the rx. Plug the ailerons into say the elevator, and visa versa.
See if the ailerons still act up or if now the elevator does.

If it's still the ailerons, are they on a Y lead? IF so I would look at it as a fault.

If it's the elevator now acting op, I would look at the rx for a fault.
Glacier Girl is online now Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Mar 17, 2015, 03:24 PM
Find More Posts by Mike_eee
Quest for Speed!!!
Fremont,CA
Joined Aug 2005
1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Girl View Post
Chances of 2 servos failing at the same time in the same way are pretty far out there.

Do a swap of leads on the rx. Plug the ailerons into say the elevator, and visa versa.
See if the ailerons still act up or if now the elevator does.

If it's still the ailerons, are they on a Y lead? IF so I would look at it as a fault.

If it's the elevator now acting op, I would look at the rx for a fault.

I found the connector form the aileron little fimsy..so I soldered a beefier good locking connector to receiver and its working fine on table for several hours now and repeated shaking and vibration...just real worried to do another maiden attempt... servos have no issue..used another reciver works perfect...once I took the plug out and resealed it back..i cannot duplicate the issue
Mike_eee is offline Find More Posts by Mike_eee
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:21 AM
Find More Posts by bsbauman
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
15,495 Posts
F-86?
using the stock arf servos, or a brand name?
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:57 PM
Find More Posts by Jim.Thompson
Entropy is happening!
Australia, NSW, Bellingen
Joined Aug 2008
7,796 Posts
Any update Mike?
Jim.Thompson is online now Find More Posts by Jim.Thompson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Passer Thermo Composite Wings.