Old Jan 29, 2015, 04:34 PM
Find More Posts by flyifr
K4MGPO
United States, GA, Eatonton
Joined Nov 2009
211 Posts
Question
UBEC with Vector

I generally don't use the BEC on a ESC, but use a UBEC for obvious reasons. Wiring in a Vector and before I blow something up where would the UBEC wire into the Vector? I know the ESC plugs into throttle...but what about the UBEC OR....does thorough the marvelous engineering at ET is the need for a UBEC mitigated in some way. In other words...do I still have control of my surfaces when a ESC blows out like I do with the UBEC ?

BTW, the ESC has a BEC, I just have the red pin pulled and taped down to prevent any chance of a short and have been using the BEC.

Thanks
flyifr is offline Find More Posts by flyifr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2015, 08:59 PM
Find More Posts by flyifr
K4MGPO
United States, GA, Eatonton
Joined Nov 2009
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyifr View Post
I generally don't use the BEC on a ESC, but use a UBEC for obvious reasons. Wiring in a Vector and before I blow something up where would the UBEC wire into the Vector? I know the ESC plugs into throttle...but what about the UBEC OR....does thorough the marvelous engineering at ET is the need for a UBEC mitigated in some way. In other words...do I still have control of my surfaces when a ESC blows out like I do with the UBEC ?

BTW, the ESC has a BEC, I just have the red pin pulled and taped down to prevent any chance of a short and have been using the BEC.

Thanks
I THINK I figured this out...UBEC plugs into Battery port of Receiver...if wrong, it seems to work. If I should not, please chime in and let me know...thanks.
flyifr is offline Find More Posts by flyifr
Old Jan 30, 2015, 07:37 AM
Find More Posts by JohnET
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
652 Posts
That will work fine as long as you are not over 6 amps current draw on your servos. Please see "3.5.5 Receiver Connection Harness Load Capacity (Fixed Wing Only)" in the manual for additional info.

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor