HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2011, 03:24 PM
Joined Aug 2011
54 Posts
Discussion
Any New 1/5 or 1/6 Scale Fokker D-7 ARFs Coming?

Now that the Hanger 9 D-7 is history, anything on the Horizon?
TallyHo1956 is offline Find More Posts by TallyHo1956
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2011, 07:30 AM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,898 Posts
I'm not aware of anything, but would love to hear that something's coming . . .
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:48 AM
Lacona, NY
Joined Dec 2009
291 Posts
I wouldn't get your hopes up. The best thing and the only thing to do other than waiting is to write emails both to Hanger 9, and GreatPlanes. I like to see them come back with these planes because they were well made and flew well.

I have a custom Hanger 9 Fokker DVII and the GreatPlanes 60 Fokker Dr1 so I know.

They sold well but not quick enough for the manufactures liking. Even the left over stock is now impossible to find, so if you do find one I suggest you guys snatch it up including extra parts. If not, then wait until someone sells theirs.

I paid $300 for my Fokker Dr1 and had to drive over 400 miles to pick it up. Also the plane was not in flying condition. I think I paid for the engine more than the plane. It came with a sweet very good condition 1983 O.S. 120FA (Before Surpass). That was the one that looked like a Saito.

Pete
Oberst is offline Find More Posts by Oberst
Old Jan 04, 2012, 04:09 PM
u.s.a.
Joined Jun 2008
183 Posts
Pete, where can i buy white tires/wheels like that which is on your D-7? those look scale for sure. don
airboss45 is offline Find More Posts by airboss45
Old Jan 04, 2012, 04:13 PM
u.s.a.
Joined Jun 2008
183 Posts
pete, my son lives in latham n.y. is that near you? don
airboss45 is offline Find More Posts by airboss45
Old Jan 04, 2012, 04:55 PM
Lacona, NY
Joined Dec 2009
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss45 View Post
Pete, where can i buy white tires/wheels like that which is on your D-7? those look scale for sure. don
They are Dubro 1/5 scale vintage tires. The tires are painted with a automotive grey primer, almost a dolphin grey. Be careful of what primer to use because some paints will eat the foam rubber. My tires include scale air nosels inside the hub access adding more accurate scale detail.

Both of my planes I was told will be in the next issue of Model Aviation in the next Focal Point. Dave Mathewson just emailed me asking if I wanted any extra complementary copies. The AMA happened to be at one of the local shows I was attending and took a picture.

If you want to see all I did on the Dr1 including all the tips and tricks I have a build thread you can go to if you feel like reading. The rebuild and modification took about one year to complete and the maiden flight was very successful. I just wished I was a little more patient for picking the right day to maiden. The winds were gusting up to 9mph that day, and when I thought the winds were going to die down- it came back with force!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASZqoy_uMnc

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._1/key_/tm.htm

Pete
Last edited by Oberst; Jan 04, 2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:00 PM
Lacona, NY
Joined Dec 2009
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss45 View Post
pete, my son lives in latham n.y. is that near you? don

I grew up in Duanesburg, NY and most of my family is still there. I have family that lives in Albany to this day, some are quite famous there. I plan on visiting one of the local clubs around Schenectady or Rotterdam because my family hasn't ever witnessed me flying my planes other than my wife and son. Latham is about 160 miles away from where I live. Lacona, NY is right next to Lake Onterio next to a small town of Sandy Creek. Winters can be horrible up here, just can't convince my wife to leave for a better climate!

Pete