Old Aug 05, 2011, 03:55 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,385 Posts
Discussion
An open letter to the R/C community, regarding "NQRC"

An open letter to the R/C community, regarding "NQRC" and Paul L Daniels.

I'm at the end of my rope. I've been busting my backside for the last 7 years with R/C and sadly I'm sorry to say but I think this really is "the end". I know a lot of you like the products (excluding the recent botch of the BAC55/ESJ6) however unfortunately there comes a time when you look at your income sheet and you look at your debts and the two just aren't even on the same table so far as meeting goes.

A lot of you have supported me in the past and I am profoundly grateful for all that you have put forward your time, money -and- trust to try keep things going. It simply just isn't working out and I'm sad about that as much as any one else. Between the GFC, HobbyKing, personal medical issues and a bunch of bad luck and no doubt plenty of personal stuff-ups I think I'm now at a point where I should close this chapter of my life. Few things crush me like a customer or person that I've let down, lately I've been doing that a lot more than I should be, which only serves to reinforce my view that I should end this.

There's a lot of people I'd like to thank, wonderful people like Brian of Mountain Models, Neil of Hyperflight, Aradhana, Neil Emeny and so many others whom I apologise for not listing directly.
A series of events today have proved to be a fitting end to the last few weeks where I've been scratching for 10c pieces in the drawers to keep the family fed. These events have fairly much illustrated to me that I'm simply not keeping up with this any more, my heart has gone out of it. I love the design work and the great challenge of coming up with innovative solutions, alas it's not something that keeps the bread on the table and hasn't for a year or two now. My debts are getting out of control and the shop simply isn't pulling them back.

Again, I thank you all, each and every one of you that ever purchased something from the NQRC store, you helped me give it the best shot I could and that'll remain in my heart and mind for years to come. Maybe R/C will finally become a hobby for me once again.

Sincerest regards,
Paul L Daniels.
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2011, 08:57 AM
winds light to variable
Joined Apr 2009
989 Posts
Vale NQRC

This is really bad news that I'm sorry to read. NQRC will be sorely missed; there's nothing else like it on this continent - or the world.

But I have some insight into the difficulties of maintaining sanity and trying to make ends meet in the model aeroplane trade - especially if you're different. Thanks for persisting this long and being so creative and original.

I sincerely hope that R/C will indeed be a satisfying hobby for you again.

I think also this is cause to celebrate - a job well done, and with this end a new beginning.
Kookaburra is offline Find More Posts by Kookaburra
Old Aug 06, 2011, 09:28 PM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,385 Posts
One thing is fairly certain, I think I'll still be in the electronics creation work area - I've still got a bunch of designs that I've put days of work in which I might still pop out a limited lot of 10 units each... maybe some people might grab them as a bit of a "signature series"

Paul.
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:06 PM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,385 Posts
A small but important update. The bank has stepped in and decided that I must continue on with what I am doing - since it does produce an income, however there's a few things I'm stripping away and changing of course.

No doubt if you're reading this thread you'll probably also notice that there's been a barrage of new products being prototyped, this is all part of the "new plan" for now.

Paul.