HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Today, 06:14 AM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,172 Posts
Went to build the ZMR 250, no fecking bolts for the arms.

Hopefully MrBen still has some in stock on Thursday
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 06:17 AM
Registered User
ThomasWF's Avatar
UK, Sussex.
Joined Nov 2005
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
Anyone using or got a opinion of the 32 channel sky zone vtx

http://www.banggood.com/Skyzone-FPV-...-p-930270.html

Or what is better plus recommends on 5. 8 rx

I have been using 1.2 and 2.4 for some time but recently i have been getting interference at my normal flying site

Jeff
I bought one for, it's slightly bigger than the 200mw but a few grams lighter, it does get pretty hot on the bench but so far seems to be working well in the air.
ThomasWF is offline Find More Posts by ThomasWF
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:24 AM
Registered User
Upup's Avatar
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasWF View Post
I bought one for, it's slightly bigger than the 200mw but a few grams lighter, it does get pretty hot on the bench but so far seems to be working well in the air.
Cheers
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:30 AM
Registered User
Upup's Avatar
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
Went to build the ZMR 250, no fecking bolts for the arms.

Hopefully MrBen still has some in stock on Thursday
I used white nylon 3mm bolts on mine from eBay ( dyed black with rit dye) also from ebay , which saved 17 grams from the metal bolts plus I hope the nylon bolts will shear through in a heavy landing and save damage to the chassis

Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:21 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Richmond
Joined Mar 2014
136 Posts
Quanum Goggles are finally here and setup. Hard to focus my eyes on the screen with all those lenses but i found one that is rather decent. Great deal for the price and much cheaper than fatsharks lol
soupaboy is offline Find More Posts by soupaboy
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:57 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
Anyone using or got a opinion of the 32 channel sky zone vtx

http://www.banggood.com/Skyzone-FPV-...-p-930270.html

Or what is better plus recommends on 5. 8 rx

I have been using 1.2 and 2.4 for some time but recently i have been getting interference at my normal flying site

Jeff
I have been using mine with no issues. Great piece of kit if you ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupaboy View Post
Quanum Goggles are finally here and setup. Hard to focus my eyes on the screen with all those lenses but i found one that is rather decent. Great deal for the price and much cheaper than fatsharks lol
they are surprisingly good. The choice of lenses got me going for a while ....
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:58 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
Is anyone flying at DD this afternoon??
Maybe this evening but I am otherwise engaged
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:51 PM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,172 Posts
Cheers chaps, might look into the 3m nylons =]
For now, cable ties and wiring for the motors!
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:52 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Bowerz's Avatar
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,694 Posts
Opinions vs Loc8tor?

Looks good but don't think its actually out yet

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...ater-resistant
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:12 PM
Great Britain
MrBen.'s Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
Went to build the ZMR 250, no fecking bolts for the arms.

Hopefully MrBen still has some in stock on Thursday
I can do a full hardware kit for 13.95 which is 120 items and makes your quad look more like this

That 2 spare of each part and also includes the motor screws (2mm thread)

18 x m3 20mm Socket headed stainless screws
18 x m3 nylon lock nuts
18 x 8mm black spacers (unthreaded)
10 x 35mm Black standoffs
20 x Black m3 6mm screws (for standoffs)
18 x m2 6mm Stanless screws for motors
18 x m2 washers

If you just want some of the original fixings drop me a PM
MrBen. is offline Find More Posts by MrBen.
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Ben,
Have you compared the g10 vs carbon fibre QAV clone frame?
Just wondering which is best.
Uk flyer is offline Find More Posts by Uk flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:34 PM
Great Britain
MrBen.'s Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
1,589 Posts
no I havent but I do have some of the ZMR250 carbon fibre version on way via the slow boat, the g10 version is actually already lighter than a spanky! however spanky is a much nicer build the way the motors and escs can all be wired to bottom plate then drop on the top when your ready, these style frames with the bolt on arms can be a bit fiddly,
MrBen. is offline Find More Posts by MrBen.
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:06 PM
Cable ties & ductape
DodgeRC's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBen. View Post
I can do a full hardware kit for 13.95 which is 120 items and makes your quad look more like this

That 2 spare of each part and also includes the motor screws (2mm thread)

18 x m3 20mm Socket headed stainless screws
18 x m3 nylon lock nuts
18 x 8mm black spacers (unthreaded)
10 x 35mm Black standoffs
20 x Black m3 6mm screws (for standoffs)
18 x m2 6mm Stanless screws for motors
18 x m2 washers

If you just want some of the original fixings drop me a PM
Ooo cheers mate!
I'll drop you a PM on the day of the pay and get some bits off you, wouldn't mind the spacers set off you too,
DodgeRC is offline Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:02 PM
Registered User
Upup's Avatar
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC View Post
Cheers chaps, might look into the 3m nylons =]
For now, cable ties and wiring for the motors!
These are the ones i purchsed .... I alwwys buy longest and cut to size

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm?itemId=321454915610
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 6506 Today 06:33 PM
Discussion UK to France FPV srjs FPV Talk 93 May 30, 2014 10:29 AM
Discussion can we have a uk section in the for sales thread please? kieran3008 Site Chat 28 Apr 17, 2014 02:13 PM
For Sale FPV Stuffs UK QUIKSILVER Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 16 Dec 24, 2010 09:16 AM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 05:37 PM