Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:21 AM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas b View Post
i have no problems waiting as long as it takes for the next dx8 update. I know they are working hard to make it right.

Whatever happened to patience being a virtue?...
+1

jc
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:25 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,267 Posts
13 yrs married with 4 women in the house, it's all GONE.

When people make request and/or provide suggestions and the answer they get is
Quote:
It's On The Next Update
They tend to look forward to getting it and normal to want to know when they might get it.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:45 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
I have no problems waiting as long as it takes for the next DX8 update. I know they are working hard to make it right.

I have to admit that I lost my patience a couple of times... but this time I even sent my radio in.. I had to.. :P
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:47 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,982 Posts
Quote:
I have no problems waiting...

Exactly -- for instance, my new DX8 Lipo finally came in today!

Yippie!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:00 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,576 Posts
Quote:
I have no problems waiting as long as it takes for the next DX8 update. I know they are working hard to make it right.

Ditto, havent even installed the last update. Dont need it yet....
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:36 PM
AMA 42272, from the 1970's
United States, AZ, Kingman
Joined Oct 2007
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXStickman View Post
Question....I have 9 models programmed in my radio. I have Exported all 9 to my SD card. Yesterday I was trying to do some mixing and a few other things on one plane and got things royally messed up. I got the idea to go to my SD Card and reload the saved setting for that model to correct my mistakes. I went to the SD card and selected the Import Model function, went back to that model but the settings were still messed up and nothing changed. What did I do wrong and why didn't my saved settings return??
I posted this a few days ago and didn't get much help. I was using the SD Card that came with my radio. When I tried to Import a model into an unused slot the radio just locked up, where even the Off/On switch would not work. I had to disconnect the battery to turn off the radio. I repeated the process using a different model and got the same results. I then put the card into my computer and did a format on the card, and again it locked up the radio.

Out of frustration I decided to use a different SD Card. BINGO, fixed my problem. Now I can Import any model into any used slot and it works fine. The SD Card I got with the radio went into the trash....
DXStickman is offline Find More Posts by DXStickman
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:36 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Quote:
I posted this a few days ago and didn't get much help. I was using the SD Card that came with my radio. When I tried to Import a model into an unused slot the radio just locked up, where even the Off/On switch would not work. I had to disconnect the battery to turn off the radio. I repeated the process using a different model and got the same results. I then put the card into my computer and did a format on the card, and again it locked up the radio.

Out of frustration I decided to use a different SD Card. BINGO, fixed my problem. Now I can Import any model into any used slot and it works fine. The SD Card I got with the radio went into the trash....
I had the same issue with the SD card that came with my DX7S. It worked in my PC but locked up my DX7S whenever it was in it. Every other SD card I have works fine in my TX.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:46 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcnally View Post
I had the same issue with the SD card that came with my DX7S. It worked in my PC but locked up my DX7S whenever it was in it. Every other SD card I have works fine in my TX.
Is it OK to ReFormat the SD card with a PC? In other words, is there a special Format that is applied to the SD card by Spektrum that should not be changed?
Buschbarber is online now Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:14 PM
Joined Oct 2007
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
Is it OK to ReFormat the SD card with a PC? In other words, is there a special Format that is applied to the SD card by Spektrum that should not be changed?
That is a good question, but the card I am using now is a 2GB card that was my backup for my digital camera and had some photos on it. I Formatted it in my computer, installed it into my DX-8, and it works just fine.

I would suggest trying to import any of your saved models into an unused slot and see if it works. Mine did not when I needed it most...caused me some time reprogramming a complicated model.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:23 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
The cards that work with my TX were formatted in Windows.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:53 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,426 Posts
Quote:
The transmitter does NOT include a capability to format the cards. Use the Windows formatter. The radio has been tested for compatibility with everything from a 64K (yes, K) MMC up to a 32G MicroSD. It supports FAT and FAT32 formats.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Oct 2007
545 Posts
So what would cause the SD card that came with the radio to lock it up so that even the Off/On switch would not work? The Import feature didn't work either...everything works great with a new card.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:15 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,475 Posts
Quote:
So what would cause the SD card that came with the radio to lock it up so that even the Off/On switch would not work? The Import feature didn't work either...everything works great with a new card.
Data corruption from a strong magnetic field?
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:24 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,426 Posts
Quote:
A really bad card, I suppose. I wish you could have sent it to me, I'd love to see exactly what happened so I can prevent it from recurring.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:25 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Data corruption from a strong magnetic field?
Flux capacitor?
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek