SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 26, 2015, 07:43 AM
Find More Posts by jiggz
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
3,358 Posts
@ Brent ..I have now been coming here more for your theorist posts rather then the 40 ..
I have a very sim mind set to u from the info u have been putting up this last year ..
The plastic 40 is coming along nicely and I really can't wait to see how she flies
jiggz is online now Find More Posts by jiggz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:39 AM
Find More Posts by gnats82
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
5,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
@ Brent ..I have now been coming here more for your theorist posts rather then the 40 ..
I have a very sim mind set to u from the info u have been putting up this last year ..
The plastic 40 is coming along nicely and I really can't wait to see how she flies
Probably a good thing to "shake the tree" once in a while. I generally don't go looking for those types of videos or like articles but if Brent puts them up, I'll usually ponder them.

I got my fill of trying to follow some of the 'conspiracy movements' just after 9/11.....did so for maybe three years or so and it began to hit me how sensationalized it was getting with all sorts of posts by enthused, but to me, misguided, individuals that had zero credibility who just wanted to air out really skewed rants. Freedom of speech is defendable and needed but it challenges us to develop more discernment to handle the world that's come since the advent of the internet and instant news briefs and those who put up stuff in a state of excitement that is too over the top, for me anyway.

With the waning down of activity with the good ol' P-40N here, makes sense to keep up some chatter to understand where we're all coming from these days... . Sort of buddies here in many other ways than the goings on with aircraft..... .
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Aug 26, 2015, 05:22 PM
Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
5,092 Posts
I have confidence that the truth always finds a way to shine through. Iran contra, Watergate, Iraq WMDs.
If JFK , the lunar landing or 9/11 were anything other than what we now believe them to be, the general weight of truth would have uncovered it by now. Sure truth can be an interpretation relative to the current morals but, for example, I didn't need to live in Germany for very long to know that the holocaust atrocities really happened.

Maybe when they discover life beyond our planet "THEY" will think we are ready to see the little green men held in Area 51 ????

I wish there was a 1400-1700mm aircobra out there. Tricycle gear makes the ground handling a doddle.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Aug 26, 2015, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
5,092 Posts
DuraFly P-40N 1100mm released today. Looks pretty good in the final format. NPC has pretty much covered all the departures from scale.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:32 PM
Find More Posts by Kaikokid
New Zealand, Northland, Kaikohe
Joined Aug 2011
3,257 Posts
A bit on the small side for me I think as I have enough trouble seeing a 1400mm warbird.
HK and P40's. What a carry on....
Third time lucky they say.

Brent.
Kaikokid is offline Find More Posts by Kaikokid
Old Aug 28, 2015, 04:50 AM
Find More Posts by raybaines
Captain Kangaroo
Australia, QLD, Headington Hill
Joined May 2009
508 Posts
Still love my flying !!
My little J6 Karatoo and I get along just fine ......
Life is good.

Ray.
raybaines is online now Find More Posts by raybaines
Old Aug 28, 2015, 07:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
3,257 Posts
Hi Ray great to see you looking so good... and happy ??? I guess it happens every now and then.

Here's an interesting video...
T-50 Cessna Maiden w/mishap i.e. Crash (8 min 20 sec)

Brent.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:00 PM
Joined Aug 2011
3,257 Posts
Gordon Whitehead's plans / 6s.
DH82a TIGER MOTH from Gordon Whitehead plans (5 min 34 sec)

Freeway Of Love ✧ Aretha Franklin LYRICS (5 min 51 sec)

I know it's not pink. Nice plane but would cost a fair bit.
Take off ... landing ? Hmm...

Brent.
Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM
Find More Posts by gnats82
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
5,444 Posts
Fuselage resurfacing starts, ...with some help..

With interest growing about returning to some flying, I also find some motivation to take up my spare fuselage and tailfeathers for their smoothing and covering.

I'm taking this on as a bit-by-bit project, not nose to the grindstone. Decided to cut the decals out of the panel line troughs which are overstated, as so many are. Don't want any bridging by the decals there so the filling will be consistent.

I took a break this afternoon and when I came back, found a rather large personage taking up space on the bench. Rare for him, Sasha, and he was ready for some interaction. Jealous, maybe? Anyhow, he's always a treat to have around unless he gets overstimulated and then bites...Ouch! Not malicious, just doesn't know his own strength sometimes.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82