Old Jan 05, 2016, 01:27 PM
Find More Posts by Brave Dave
United Kingdom, England, Wilmslow
Joined Dec 2015
55 Posts
Discussion
Aomway 600mw VTX anyone?

I was planning on getting the Aomway 600mw VTX. I hear a lot of people rave about the Aomway 200mw, but I can find very little reviews/comparisons etc about the 600mw. Even on Banggood.com there's only 2 reviews of the 600mw, but there's 45 reviews of the 200mw!

I know in America you're restricted to 200mw unless your part of a club etc, but it can't just be that, lots of people use the 600mw immersion rc, so why not the Aomway 600mw?

I was assuming if the 200mw is as good as everyone says then the 600mw must be better right? (bigger range, stronger/clearer transmission?)
Brave Dave is offline Find More Posts by Brave Dave
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2016, 06:39 PM
Joined Dec 2015
55 Posts
Bump...
Old Jan 05, 2016, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by Julezwatts
WOT and going nowhere
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
1,413 Posts
Many chinese manufacturers overrate their transmitter strength. I would assume that most people who buy 600mw transmitters are looking for longer range and so decide to chose name brand gear from more reputable manufacturers. I myself would always purchase gear from Ready Made RC or GetFPV before looking at Banggood or other chinese sites, mainly because i trust the quality assurances from the U.S. sites way more.
Julezwatts is offline Find More Posts by Julezwatts
Old Jan 06, 2016, 10:38 AM
Find More Posts by waltr
Team AlienWarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
10,676 Posts
And if you want more range then the best thing to do is improve the RX antenna.
IBCrazy has flown 1.5km on a 25mW vTX using a very good vRX antenna.
I only run 200mW and have good range and signal with a simple and cheap 3-turn helix on the RX.

Last thing is to increase TX power to improve range or signal quality.
waltr is online now Find More Posts by waltr
Old Jan 06, 2016, 02:02 PM
Joined Dec 2015
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julezwatts View Post
Many chinese manufacturers overrate their transmitter strength. I would assume that most people who buy 600mw transmitters are looking for longer range and so decide to chose name brand gear from more reputable manufacturers. I myself would always purchase gear from Ready Made RC or GetFPV before looking at Banggood or other chinese sites, mainly because i trust the quality assurances from the U.S. sites way more.
I agree about not buying from sites like Banggood, I hate buying from China, always a chance of getting fakes even from so called reputable sites. I always try to buy from a UK site or direct from the manufacturers if I can. I was just using the site as a reference as many others use it.

However most stuff is 'made' in China now days anyway. Even a lot of the ReadyMadeRC stuff is just rebranded China made stuff anyway, like the FPV monitors.

Generally the opinion seems that the Aomway 200mw VTX outperforms the ImmersionRC 600mw, so Aomway (though Chinese) has a good reputation.
Old Jan 06, 2016, 02:14 PM
Joined Dec 2015
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr View Post
And if you want more range then the best thing to do is improve the RX antenna.
IBCrazy has flown 1.5km on a 25mW vTX using a very good vRX antenna.
I only run 200mW and have good range and signal with a simple and cheap 3-turn helix on the RX.

Last thing is to increase TX power to improve range or signal quality.
Thanks for the advice.

As for antennas I'm getting the Aomway 4 turn cloverleaf set:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...SMA_RHCP_.html

And the Aomway patch antenna:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...RHCP_SMA_.html

(Using the FR632 diversity reciever)

So as you said, the 'last thing' is the VTX power, which is why I'm asking about that now.

One thing that confuses me though is the Aomway cloverleaf antenna set is both 4 turn antennas. And people seem to say you should have one 4 turn and one 3 turn antenna. Aomway don't do a 3 turn, but the 4 turns are supposed to be omni-directional and according to the reviews supposed to work very well together.
Old Jan 06, 2016, 02:49 PM
Find More Posts by waltr
Team AlienWarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
10,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Dave View Post

One thing that confuses me though is the Aomway cloverleaf antenna set is both 4 turn antennas. And people seem to say you should have one 4 turn and one 3 turn antenna. Aomway don't do a 3 turn, but the 4 turns are supposed to be omni-directional and according to the reviews supposed to work very well together.
Do you mean 3 or 4 "LOBE", not Turns?
I run 3, 4 or 5 or either vTX or vRX.
Doesn't matter too much if both are the same number of lobes or not.

Haven't used the Aomway antennas but have run many others. Most seems to be pretty close in performance.

Due to the type of flying I do, very Close Proximity, I crash a lot and have destroyed a few antennas. So I'm always looking for less expensive or more durable antennas for the vTX.
So what ever antennas you buy this will NOT be the last ones you will buy.
waltr is online now Find More Posts by waltr