New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2015, 01:47 PM
Find More Posts by Raygam
Joined Jan 2015
1 Posts
Quad Cruiser

Hey everyone,
Im looking to build a cruiser quad. This will be my first build and step up to a "real" quad from my Syma x5c. I feel pretty confident in my flight skills (rarely crash unless Im trying something stupid)and I feel like Im ready to move up to a machine with more capabilities.

I do want to to be able to fly FPV. I would also like it to be able to fly GPS (RTH being the priority followed by way point missions on occasions). It would be nice to get 10-15 minutes of flight time.
Here were my initial thoughts on what to get.

350 to 450 frame
Mulitwii Pro w/GPS
700 to 850kv motors
20a esc
4000mAh 3S
likely use a mobius camera for fpv and recording
undecided on FPV TX/RX, goggles etc

Im open to suggestions on motors, props and esc (Im open to opinions on all the components actually). I would like the equivalent of Honda/Toyota for the motors. I just want reliability and a reasonable price. Im just not familiar with brand reputations.

For reference I was really interested in the Quanum Venture but then I found out there were no replacement parts available (other than spending $50 on anther frame).

I appreciate any feedback others might have.
Raygam is offline Find More Posts by Raygam
to remove ads between posts